Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Music Tags
RRobinson338

Posted: 03/26/11 00:57 
Just wondering if there is a way I can add music tags to ALL THE SONGS in jamroom. For example, it would say "TheNameofTheWebsite (dot) com" every 30 seconds to protect the songs for music artists until a visitor purchases the song. After the visitor purchases the song they will get the "untagged" version of the song.

I hope this was clear enough. Mr. Green

jrMonster

Posted: 03/26/11 09:37 

RRobinson338:
Just wondering if there is a way I can add music tags to ALL THE SONGS in jamroom. For example, it would say "TheNameofTheWebsite (dot) com" every 30 seconds to protect the songs for music artists until a visitor purchases the song. After the visitor purchases the song they will get the "untagged" version of the song.

2 ways....

1. custom flash player
2. jrsoundmanager with working 360 skin

RRobinson338

Posted: 03/26/11 09:46 
Ok so...

1. Custom flash player is something I have to buy and have jamroom edit correct?

2. JrSoundManager is a free download. So when I download it I upload it to my ftp, but a 360 skin is required. I have an Mskin. Will it work with that?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/26/11 10:01 

RRobinson338:

This is a common question and a common misconception..... Wink

You will see quite a few sites around that seem to have a "Voice Tag" built into each song played from their site. What you don't know is that its only an illusion and most of the sites are only using a "Voice Tag" built into the Flash Player that loops during song play.

Those Voice Tags "Do Not" protect the song in any way...........

The Voice Tag built into a Flash Player is nothing more than an additinal sound file that is programed to play in a loop every time a song is played. The main song file itself is never altered and if someone finds a way to steal the song from the Flash Player or off your Site, They will get the entire unedited version of the song file without the Voice Tag.

There is no way I know of to protect a song with a Voice Tag unless that Voice Tag is somehow recorded directly into the original song file itself. And that would either require the song be edited before its uploaded, Or some very special program created that could somehow re-record the song and add the Voice Tag to the song file as its being uploaded. But I've never seen or even heard of a program that could do that.

Your best protection is just to limit the song being played to a 15 or 30 second clip which can be done in your Jamroom Admin settings. Then no one can steal the entire song before its purchased.

Hope that makes sense...........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
RRobinson338

Posted: 03/26/11 10:17 
Cool ! Thanks a bunch ! Cool

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager