Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Suggestions:
Suggestion ... request ... petition.
luisnaranjo

Posted: 04/22/11 08:10 
By purchasing your product, I was aware that was a pretty robust package ... at a price within reach of my pocket.

I thought it would be worthwhile to put hand to suit my needs, while learning a bit more about it.

Among the many things that combine (php, tpl, javascript, motools, jquerry, smarty etc ....)... + separate system skins, template, themes, styles ... I think they've done a great job, however, many aspects are not easy to edit.

I have the "paranoid impression " that many things are deliberately confusing to keep them from stealing the source code, that's okay ...
However, if the system templates, skins and themes to be more manageable, we would save thousands of hours dedicated to optimizing our sites ...

Do not want to think that all these problems that we have set, whether deliberate, that we are forced to buy the skins and themes (ProJam2, Proton2, MSkin Max, Master Complete, etc.), the flash players ... modules and the recruitment of hosting ... That would be a dirty game.

I read in a post a response to a poster:

Quote:
---------------

"If you feel like Something is not working properly, I'd recommend posting here so We Can assist Spending hours doing INSTEAD of Something That Can Be Properly setup in under 30 seconds.

Thanks!

- Brian "
----------------

I think a good support (maybe not 30 seconds) would change a few variables that allow us to embed or modify some things more easily without having to buy extra packages.

Believe me, I know very little about php, ajax, html and css handling fairly, and I'm lost when I dig smarty.

However, I think they could if you wanted to, assist us in optimization and show a Jamroom site ... to you because in return they would recommend their use to many people who need something like Jamroom.

For now ... I still find the failure reason LAME ... seek ways to subscribe to people without first having to register ... attempt to take advantage of your system Jamroom ... but with the idea of perhaps doing something as good as CDbaby ... ReverbNation ... Itunes ...

beginning to believe I'm dreaming ...

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/22/11 13:14 

Quote:
I have the "paranoid impression " that many things are deliberately confusing to keep them from stealing the source code, that's okay ...
However, if the system templates, skins and themes to be more manageable, we would save thousands of hours dedicated to optimizing our sites ...

Do not want to think that all these problems that we have set, whether deliberate, that we are forced to buy the skins and themes (ProJam2, Proton2, MSkin Max, Master Complete, etc.), the flash players ... modules and the recruitment of hosting ... That would be a dirty game.

I normally don't respond to posts like this, but I couldn't resist this time......... Wink

(1.) Jamroom's source coding is wide open and impossible to protect from theft, so no one even tries. But when people are confused with Jamroom's coding, its usually because they don't possess the basic knowledge of HTML or PHP needed to even understand what they are looking at.

Jamroom was basically designed so that anybody "Without" coding knowledge could have a "Nice Looking" and "Fully Functional" music site straight out of the box just by installing the Jamroom Package and tweeking some settings in their Admin. But it was also designed extremely flexible so that anyone "With" coding knowledge could actually Redesign and Customize their Jamroom from the ground up if they wanted.

Jamroom has come along way in its development over the years in trying to make the program more user friendly for people "Without" coding abilities. But there limits to what can be done this way and still keep the program flexible enough for designers "With" coding abilities that want to redesign the base code and customize Jamroom from the code level on up.

What people fail to understand is that, It's impossible to design a program that is capable of configuring itself to do "Anything" and "Everything" a person can "Dream Of" without that person actually possessing any of the coding knowledge to make those Dreams work. That's almost like asking an automobile maker to design a car that's capable of allowing the driver to make all the repairs the car will ever need, without the driver actually having any of the mechanical knowledge needed to make those repairs.

(2.) And I can assure you that Jamroom is not coded to confuse people on purpose just to get them to buy products or Hosting from the Marketplace. Most of the products in the Marketplace are made by 3RD-Party Venders (Like Me) with "ALL" the money from the sale of those products going directly to the Vender. So all the Skins/Themes and Most Flash Players along with Most Modules for sale in the Marketplace were all made by the various Venders that are listed on the products........Oinkba, N8 Flash, Motagator, Kyro Ink LLC, Apicos, Qikstudios, Ultrabubble, DS Players (Me) Etc..... and those venders don't pay anything to sell their products in the Marketplace.

Most of the items that were actually made by Jamroom are already included in the different Jamroom Packages anyway, so it wouldn't make much sense for Jamroom to deliberately confuse people to get them to buy products that Jamroom is already including in its packages.

The bottom line is this.............
In order for Jamroom to have all the "Rich Features" and "Great Functions" plus the "Ease of Use" for You (the Admin) and also your site Members, the coding is going to be complex. But no matter how complex the coding is, Its still only standard HTML, PHP and CSS coding which is the most common Internet coding language used on Internet sites today. So if anyone plans to Own an Internet Site, it might be in their best interest to actually learn a little HTML, PHP and CSS for future use.

Just my 2 cents.........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
luisnaranjo

Posted: 04/23/11 16:13 
Thanks for your reply ...

It was clear, direct and rewarding.

Now I know I still have to learn many things to have optimal website.

And please do not misunderstand me, the Jamroom system is for me one of the best systems I've found. I would not take anything you have, just to make it easier.

Thanks for everything.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Suggestions

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules