Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom Battle 1.0.0b11 is out!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/17/11 13:38 
I've decided on one more Jamroom Battle beta release before the "final" release which should be out next week:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_market&o=browse&item_id=144

I've fixed numerous small issues related to round movement and credit handling, and everything is looking pretty good here on this end. If you've had issues with the round movement being "weird", this release should fix it up for you (or at least that's the goal!).

Also note that I did uncover one potential "issue" that cannot be handled in the module - if your server time is OFF (or has drifted), then you will see the rounds begin/end before the timer has finished counting down, or it may reach zero and sit there - this is due to the time "drift" between the client and server (the countdown timer is a javascript based countdown timer, so gets it's time fro the client). If you see this, have your hosting provider run "ntptime" on your server to ensure your server's clock is synchronized with the NTP time servers.

For those of you that have been waiting too long for this release, once again I thank you for your patience and apologize for how long it has taken to get everything working on this module. In hindsight, looking at the number of features and options that are in this module, I can say I "bit off more than I could chew" Wink

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 07/01/12 06:59; edited 1 time in total
ktb1025

Posted: 06/18/11 11:20 
Hi Brian,

How about compatibility with Cobalt3. Going forward, should I be migrating towards a different skin anyway?

Not sure I have the skills to make this work with Cobalt3

Home of TTF-TV!!!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/18/11 11:39 

ktb1025:
Hi Brian,

How about compatibility with Cobalt3. Going forward, should I be migrating towards a different skin anyway?

Not sure I have the skills to make this work with Cobalt3

There are Flashback templates included now that are pretty close to Cobalt3 - you might try those out. Long term our goal is to move to a single "unified" skin that comes with different CSS files to match our previous skin colors. To be honest I believe our goal should be a rock solid Jamroom Core, with great tools and features that let designers create mich nicer skins then we can Wink

Hope this helps!

- Brian

ktb1025

Posted: 06/18/11 12:04 
Agreed. At one time, Cobalt3 was the shizzle. It did everything I needed and then some. Now it seems NOVA and its variants are the de facto standard. I guess I could sit tight for a little while if something major is headed this way long term.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
CAPER

Posted: 08/10/11 02:28 
is there a way to link individual battles so that the artists in the battles can invite their friends to vote?

whodaniel

Posted: 08/11/11 03:01 

CAPER:
is there a way to link individual battles so that the artists in the battles can invite their friends to vote?

I haven't even begun to try and use this mod yet (is it out of beta?) but, seems like a good question though. Wink

CanPanther

Posted: 08/15/11 10:53 

CAPER:

My site is down so I can't test this, but I was using SefJam_Bookmarks_v101 on multiple pages throughout the site to help promote different individual pages. Might be worth a try.

pitrager

Posted: 08/16/11 17:15 
Brian this is what I was talking about. For some reason when you click around on the battles the css template will not pull the background image or background color of the css running my Flashback skin.

Also errors will occur in the right sidebar of my site. It works and then doesn't want to work.

http://www.getbrutal.fm/lists/battles/

See Example Screen Shot

Bloodcrave

Posted: 11/11/11 03:44 
I got an issue.

When a existing profile is assigned as a sponsor of a battle, a vault item is created on the sponsors profile with the entry fee and when you purchase it, you get a html file which says "thank you for entering the battle".

I dont want a vault file to be created on the sponsors profile if they 'sponsor' a battle.

Acidphantom

Posted: 02/02/12 07:20 
I have also an isseu. No link to accept the battle if an artists make a battle.

What I need to do ?

best regards,
Acidphantom

boplive

Posted: 02/02/12 07:31 
my issue is that...
For some reason..i am not finding anything(link or button) that will allow an artist to create there own battle...

right now...i only see the admin is allowed to create battles. Question

Acidphantom

Posted: 02/02/12 07:59 

boplive:
my issue is that...
For some reason..i am not finding anything(link or button) that will allow an artist to create there own battle...

right now...i only see the admin is allowed to create battles. Question

every one is alowed if enable in quota but still there is no link to accept the battles Wink

boplive

Posted: 02/02/12 10:52 
for some reason...its not even being display in any of my quota to allow any one to create a battle...
I m at the media suppport location and nada...

Acidphantom

Posted: 02/02/12 11:16 

boplive:
for some reason...its not even being display in any of my quota to allow any one to create a battle...
I m at the media suppport location and nada...

Section : Extra Features.

Hope it helps o.O

Acidphantom

Posted: 02/05/12 17:48 
may I ask when the final release will come out ? Mr. Green

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager