Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
WordPress bridge please
whodaniel

Posted: 09/02/11 11:40 
Somebody please build a JR Wordpress bridge.

iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 09/02/11 12:04 
2nd that.

webster

Posted: 09/04/11 12:08 
I highly agree. I've been waiting for one for quite some years now. LOL Smile But I 3rd, 4th and 5th it! Embarassed

Posted: 09/14/11 08:27 
I would actually love to see a complete integration allowing Jamroom to be a plugin. This would allow such things as unified user database, ability to turn off the JR blogs entirely and in an integrated way from the JR controls to allow users/artists to be assigned a WP blog instead, while still allowing the related ranking calls to work. I'd say the time is prime for this to happen right now. JR has Lots of great and unique features, but I honestly think that if we don't jump on the "band wagon" soon, JR will be left in the dust, as Many of the functions are already available via various WP plugins. With the size of the user base and dev community it is only a matter of time that the functions the make JR unique won't be so unique any more. So, that is why I say this should be a priority to actually keep this community thriving. Personally, I have been leaning heavily towards WP for a while now but very much want an integrated solution! So, what do you all have to say about this? What other integrated features would you like to see? Who wants to start this project? What is the best way to go about it? Is there a way that more than one developer could contribute to coding this? I am thinking that maybe I might start to take up a collection to hire whomever to make this. Interested? Who of the JR community knows both platforms well enough to spear head the project?

iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 09/14/11 08:46 
Earner.net

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/15/11 02:52 
jamroom as a wordpress plugin.........wont happen.

wordpress as a jamroom plugin.......maybe, but would mean the admin user then had 2 admin interfaces to deal with.

Id like to combine a ferrari with a tractor so then i can use just one vehicle to do the ploughing and look cool picking up chicks on a saturday night....... not going to happen.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 09/15/11 15:23 
Actually, it was Mr Lamborghini who started out making agricultural tractors and then moved into sports cars.

I've lost count of the number of times I have been asked for a Jamroom/Wordpress bridge, but all enquiries seem to flounder when asked for specifics as to what they want the bridge to actually achieve, which is telling.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/17/11 16:07 
Steve!

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
gcuezy

Posted: 09/25/11 02:03 

SteveX:
Actually, it was Mr Lamborghini who started out making agricultural tractors and then moved into sports cars.

I've lost count of the number of times I have been asked for a Jamroom/Wordpress bridge, but all enquiries seem to flounder when asked for specifics as to what they want the bridge to actually achieve, which is telling.

This request, while I'm interested, isn't a top priority for me but it seems like the integration would be self explanatory. The bridge would connect the users (in the way most bridges do) so that when they do things like comment on a wordpress post, they can use their jamroom account and hopefully image and profile link... things of that nature.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/29/12 13:48 
Yes, and that may be the best description so far. Still not quite enough info to price a job on though.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
mixy

Posted: 12/07/12 20:34 
Am beginning to feel there's never gonna be any kInd of official intergration between jamroom and woirdpress.
From the sarcastic responses and funny remarks coming from some people. One thing I am certain about is that WP is here to stay and its the best free socializing website software.
I expected to see a mentIon about WP in BrIan's announcement for JRv5 but nothing. Most of us have used both and know how powerful they are. But they both lack a few things and that's why we have been looking for some kind of bridge.
Each time a Wordpress bridge is mentioned in this forum, it is automatically taked down. Not a good sign.
Even when some1 describes how dey want their bridge to function for them, they tell they that that's not enough description to get pricing. But that's what they want.
Here's what I would want done if possible
1. Single sIgn on
2. User is created in both.
3. All the users posting shows on the Wordpress.
4. Their already uploaded data is transfered to d WP.
5. I can send newsletters/emails via WP

AlternatIvely,
Move all users from Jamroom to Wordpress. But still create users in both.

Any one knows how to do this? Or anyone wnt to make some cash for this?
Thanks in advance

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules