Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
OpenAM Single Sign On Intergration

Should there be a bridge developed for the two Platforms?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AERecords

Posted: 01/17/12 11:43 
Hey all im developing a backend system to run record labels. The public front end is based on jamroom and i was wondering if anyone has successfully intergrated the OpenAm SSO system with jamroom
(OpenAM is formely oracles OpenSSO)

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/07/12 15:48 
I took a look at the website, but to be honest it looks like a lot of speak. Do you want to give a pitch for it? If so, do so.

Jamroom is very secure and more than capable of working for one or more record labels. You could probably achieve what you want entirely in Jamroom without need for a bridge to another system. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Also, bridges are very easy to develop. Take a look at the existing bridges if you need an example.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/07/12 16:26 
if the question is "Hi im AERecords, Should I develop a bridge to OpenAM?"

Then yes works for me. Sure go for it, if you want to. Why the poll?

AERecords

Posted: 03/08/12 13:41 
ok then i will have to look into the api's for both programs for the bridge it could be fun because i have never coded java before Confused . It may be a powerful system steve but for the plans of the system it would be sufficent for the public front end only, the system im trying to develop deals with managing a full company not just what bands and fans see. I will start building a bridge if i can or pay someone to do it. Uusher i was half asleep when i initally posted it so i have no idea why i posted the poll i don't know how to remove it. Finally no im not trying to pitch my development im at no stage yet to even consider that as of yet.

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/08/12 16:42 

AERecords:
....it could be fun because i have never coded java before Confused .....

ha! your at the same point im at then. I just spent the last 4 days trying to figure out how to build a java plugin for intellijIDEA.

They have step by step manuals, I read my java book, I hung out in ##java on irc.freenode.net and listened to what java dev's talk about.

I'm now at the point of "F@$K it, ill build a working model in php then show it to a java dev." Smile

I hope your java experience goes smoother. Java looks like something i wish i knew....

AERecords

Posted: 03/09/12 10:40 
Yeah sounds similar got two large java apps which I'm going to have to sort out some form of intergration there open am thus the point of this topic and ejbca there going to be fun. I am intrested in putting together a dev team so I'm not the only one ramming my head into a wall when it don't do as its told

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace