Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
JR Battle Modifications
thegreatunkown

Posted: 05/20/12 10:16 
Thanks, it took quite a few hours to get done and we actually created a whole new system.I'm gonna be adding more features on to it in the future. I'll keep whoever is interested posted

Elder

Posted: 05/22/12 20:13 
thegreatunkown will you be selling your custom battle module?

Posted: 05/22/12 20:45 
We can definitely discuss that. Hit me up at siegethebeatbully@gmail.com whenever you have a chance.

ktb1025

Posted: 05/23/12 07:33 
Finally... I'd love to be kept in the loop on this one! My site could seriously use something new.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
boplive

Posted: 05/23/12 08:11 
I have a question-- are comments that are made after the battle being display on the battle itself...the battle page or is it being display on the user profile like how it is for the Nova theme which has all the comments on the user profiles.

thegreatunkown

Posted: 05/23/12 09:54 

boplive:
I have a question-- are comments that are made after the battle being display on the battle itself...the battle page or is it being display on the user profile like how it is for the Nova theme which has all the comments on the user profiles.

The comments are displayed in the actual battle but the way I had it set up is they won't display until the user casts his vote or the battle is complete.

Posted: 05/23/12 10:01 
hmm...i got it.. Smile....

It does make sense to have it after the battle is over...or casting a vote

while the battle is going on..this will entice others to join the battle to fill any available open slot...

Pm me with a price on this.,...do you have a demo user name to use so I can try it out on your site...

jamesd116

Posted: 05/24/12 18:16 
I found a script that will work as a great battle script but it needs major overhaul to make it a battle script i had emailed the coders a couple yrs back to see what the cost would be to modify to specific features at the time it was like $1800 I cant afford this but maybe if I can enoigh ppl together to make it more feasible I can email again and get another price with enough licenses for everyone.
It will allow for live battles (forget uploaded songs) live video battles up to 4 at a time commenting during battle you can view all artists live at the same time each battler gets a time limit non activ battlers mics are shut down until his turns votes from the audiences
Think about it if battlers can go live they can tell all thkier friends and everything would be live. im thinking with multiple ppl pitching in we can get a deal on the licenses because each license is like $300 as isand then once the mods are made the software then the software can be sent out to everyone who pitches in on it. I would love to have it all for myself but it just wont happen at this price for me I didnt hit the lottery last weekend Sad

Posted: 05/24/12 18:52 
I emailed them again to get a quote and to see if we can get licenses at a discount rate

Trying to see about getting the conference customized I will be multiple licenses of the Video Conference software so I need to see about a discount for multople licenses as well.
What I want to have the video conference do.
I am looking to turn this into battle software for my site(music)
I want the 4 contestants to be seen on the screen as is but during each contestant time period i want all other battlers to be muted. so that they cant be heard at the same time as the active battler.
I want the 4 battlers to be seen by all viewers
after the battle I want the vieweers to have a time limit to vote on thier winners.
I want records kept for each battler how many 1st place 2nd place 3rd and 4th place votes
total battles joined
I want to be able to seemlessly connect into my current db of users I can provide the info for this part and anythng else to have a seemless integration.
battlers and viewers to be able to text chat during before and after battle
timers
before battle
each battler
time between battlers
for voting

after battle is over conference screen can go to normal software all can talk
admin battle creation/settings
user battle creation
if possible admin screen to where we can (view only) all battles at one time with an option to click and listen in on battle
spot for advertisements during battle sessions
public/private battle options during setup
private battles do not count towards battle count
private battles by invitation only
public battles invitation or join battle
I am sure I will have a few more small requests but for now this is the major needs for the customization

Posted: 05/25/12 01:16 

jamesd116:
I found a script that will work as a great battle script but it needs major overhaul to make it a battle script i had emailed the coders a couple yrs back to see what the cost would be to modify to specific features at the time it was like $1800 I cant afford this but maybe if I can enoigh ppl together to make it more feasible I can email again and get another price with enough licenses for everyone.
It will allow for live battles (forget uploaded songs) live video battles up to 4 at a time commenting during battle you can view all artists live at the same time each battler gets a time limit non activ battlers mics are shut down until his turns votes from the audiences
Think about it if battlers can go live they can tell all thkier friends and everything would be live. im thinking with multiple ppl pitching in we can get a deal on the licenses because each license is like $300 as isand then once the mods are made the software then the software can be sent out to everyone who pitches in on it. I would love to have it all for myself but it just wont happen at this price for me I didnt hit the lottery last weekend Sad

If you can't find 6 people who want those same features you do I have a great module available now that was developed by an excellent trusted jamroom Programmer. It has most of the features I have seen people here ask for and i'm selling it for a pretty decent price. It also fully customizable. Anybody is welcome to try it out http://www.beatmarketworldwide.com/login.php username - demo1 password demo1 log in and check out an active battle http://www.beatmarketworldwide.com/apBattle.php?mode=battle&t=show&battle_id=15 as well as all battle options .

DS Flash Players

Posted: 05/25/12 07:33 

jamesd116:
I emailed them again to get a quote and to see if we can get licenses at a discount rate

Trying to see about getting the conference customized I will be multiple licenses of the Video Conference software so I need to see about a discount for multople licenses as well.
What I want to have the video conference do.
I am looking to turn this into battle software for my site(music)
I want the 4 contestants to be seen on the screen as is but during each contestant time period i want all other battlers to be muted. so that they cant be heard at the same time as the active battler.
I want the 4 battlers to be seen by all viewers

I'm not sure but I think what your talking about is having 4-Bands accessing your site simultaneously along with untold amount of users accessing your site simultaneously using Custom Video Conference Software. Has anyone checked into what kind of Hosting Server is going to be required to handle this type of operation?? I would think that Live streaming through Video Conference Software with possibly hundreds of online users at the same time might need a massive Dedicated Server to handle the load.

And most people on here can't even afford Standard Dedicated Server Hosting...... Confused
Has anyone checked into this??

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
whodaniel

Posted: 05/27/12 12:53 
thegreatunkown,

Is what you are using built on top of the jrbattle mod?

thegreatunkown

Posted: 05/27/12 12:55 

whodaniel:
thegreatunkown,

No it's a completely new system.

Posted: 05/27/12 13:02 

whodaniel:
thegreatunkown,

The great thing about it is the system already has a ranking system, a battle point, battle credit system, comments, users can create there own timed battles and you can change it to function anyway you would like to. Ussher programmed the system and can modify it basically however you want .

Posted: 08/21/12 13:36 
thegreatunkown, I assume you deleted the demo1 user by now? I'm Interested. Can it be easily integrated with Jamroom?

Thanks Brian, the current jr_Battle module is really nice! I was looking through the code to see how difficult it would be to integrate the Youtube module and avoid video hosting. It looks like I would have to append a few lines in quite a few places to add this as well as the Ustream strings to more easily bring live battling to the site.

I'm thinking it can't be TOO hard to integrate these since it is really just adding another battle type. My primary approach is to search through for the word "video" and append the new code after finding the video battle type. But I'm not sure where this overlaps with the built in video feature. Can you help shed enough light to get me started in the right direction?

This search got me thinking and made me wonder how difficult it would be to code it to accommodate Battle plugins. If we set up a plugin builder in the admin panel, it could be much more easily expanded using the most popular requests. Of course, this would take time Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules