is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Announcing The Jamroom Network Team!
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/05/12 06:36 

jellomaster:
I actually liked the quotas. It enabled us to sell premium accounts where artists could upload more songs and have bonus features. Will there be a way to do something like this in JR5?

Quotas as you know them will still be there. Its only the definition of 'members' having a negative quota_id that is being dropped. Members, as such, can still be defined using 'artist' quotas, but then they can have access to as much, or as little, Jamroom functionality as you want.

(Its might be that the concept of Artists and Members will disappear and we'll call them all something else to save confusion, but don't quote me on that Wink )

Paul

jamesd116

Posted: 07/05/12 10:41 
Brian One thing I think may help out is to market it in more than a artist script...... although we all here know that its main purpose is for artists but this program can be marketed as so much more. As someone stated earlier I also base all others off of JR.
By making the language file customizable from the control panel by (not sure if you are going to just use the term members or something similiar going forward. but make that term customizable in the CP and any other terms which can be changed depending on the buyers preference without having to go into 100s of areas in the lang file to make changes. Also a way if not able to be done now ause i never tried it but getting all instances of music off of the site with a click. Something on start up like is this a music site yes/no and if no it will hide all music references. This can be used as we all know for many different uses so marketed as such would probably jump the income level up and you would still be only working on just one program.

Also I will miss the levels of purchasing maybe you will rethink bringing that back i have some things i am working on and was going to uise that to make my way to unlimited easier....
I dont know just a thought

Posted: 07/05/12 17:39 
I'm glad to see more attention, effort and talent placed back into the JR product. JR is truly a great product, however I was starting to feel like it was being neglected and slowly reaching it's end. It sounds like you have constructed a Dream Team Brian...hehe. Congratulations and very nice work on the selection of individuals. I'm excited in regards to the new talent you have brought on board, however I'm even more excited knowing there is a bright tomorrow for the JR product. Wink

blindmime

Posted: 07/08/12 10:47 
As a longtime jamroom customer, this makes me very happy. Thanks, Brian, for looking after your users for all these years and now moving forward with a talented and passionate team to take Jamroom to a new level. Now I'm getting excited about what might be in store for us. Thanks to you all!

american

Posted: 07/23/12 21:43 
Mobile and tablets are the way to go..

I'm missing Dj in this network. The link between Jamroom and the shoutcast Web radio function is an amazing tool that I hope will get attention in jr5. Jamroom for Web radio is the killer app.

Wishing u the best and I'm happy we're putting Jr4 to bed... Wink

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
Matthias

Posted: 08/15/12 12:43 
interesting news - I am looking forward on how JR is evolving from now on. Keep up the good work.
Best regards

Prawn

Posted: 08/23/12 10:03 
I would like to see a serious reduction in prices for modules and skins..Even a SET price, also more free stuff would be great as this is what is needed.

Personally feel they overpriced and most of what is on offer should be default already. The minute you want to implement any feature that 90% of all cms offer you gotta be ready to shell out a good few $$
Skins over 200$ and they not even exclusive... this is a weakness in jamroom and needs to be adressed, the prices need to be capped and realistic and inline with the real world.

Matthias

Posted: 08/23/12 11:01 
I totally agree with Prawn - especially the most of the time kind of buggy templates and modules in first release states are sending out a negative feeling. Although I made extrem different experiences depending on the developer of various modules and templates. All I can say is that the modules and templates by Paul aka Pasher have always been perfectly documented, fast bugfixed as well as allready very good programmed in first state. While the players from n8dogg are usually very buggy and not at all documented as well as not really versionstable within compatibility of future updates.

I hope the qualitytesting lane is improving by widening the core development team the way it has been anounced right now.

I can lookback on a 5 year experience with JR and never could run a real stable multimediaplattform with JR in a livesetup because of instability and waiting for bugs to be fixed. But still I am positive that JR still has a chance to succeed.

Best

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/26/12 21:28 
Great suggestions, how do we accomplish them? So for the goal of having more free modules in the marketplace, seams like we need more people developing modules.

Feels like we need more people to get involved with module/skin development. Matthias, Prawn want to do a bit of learning? I'll help where I can.

For the 'less buggy' issue, what are some ideas?

boplive

Posted: 08/30/12 10:14 
Is this still scheduled for tomorrow Question

Jamroom 5 - Jamroom 5 is currently in the works and will go public beta on August 31st!. Cool

ktb1025

Posted: 08/30/12 10:40 

boplive:
Is this still scheduled for tomorrow Question

Jamroom 5 - Jamroom 5 is currently in the works and will go public beta on August 31st!. Cool

Hope so! I need a major overhaul so bad...

Home of TTF-TV!!!
Mobileartist

Posted: 08/31/12 06:11 
+1

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/31/12 06:32 
We're all still working hard on getting the initial beta release ready.
Brian has unexpectedly been called away, so hopefully tomorrow.
Bear with us - it'll be worth it Wink

pch

Posted: 09/09/12 11:15 
Great news. All the best for our Jamroom Community.

Is there any estimated date for Jamroom 5 Final release (Stable Version)? (approximately) Dec. 2012??

Thanks

Last edited by pch on 09/12/12 05:11; edited 1 time in total
pch

Posted: 09/11/12 13:05 
Any reply???

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager