Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Welcome to the Jamroom 5 alpha!
Prawn

Posted: 09/03/12 10:01 
What about the Cluster server system, will that still be used.

Got my alpha today so testing begins shortly, Just need to find out how to create an admin account for the new alpha 5 Question

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/03/12 18:02 

Prawn:
.....Just need to find out how to create an admin account for the new alpha 5 Question

The first user you create will be the admin user.
* install it
* create a user
* verify that user via the email link
* login with that user

you will be logged in as the admin.

whodaniel

Posted: 09/05/12 11:47 
So there was limited interest when I brought it up in the past, but pretty much shot down; Is there any interest or intention for having compatibility on any level with WP, skins, plugins, etc?
I would like to be able to share users at least, with 1 login. It would be very cool in MHO if all of JR could plug right into WP.

emdiamond

Posted: 09/05/12 12:45 
Will we be able to port users and Artists account to JR5?

perfectgamestudios

Posted: 09/05/12 14:29 
we like what you done sofar even its just the base to what you are building apon good job sofar Smile I will probably write something for it soon myself

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/05/12 18:06 

whodaniel:
....Is there any interest or intention for having compatibility on any level with WP, skins, plugins, etc?
I would like to be able to share users at least, with 1 login. It would be very cool in MHO if all of JR could plug right into WP.

Any module could be built. A single sign-on module could be built by someone who knew both systems. Or use something like open-id for both systems. depends on how you want to do it. Not sure why you would want to plug jamroom into wordpress though. Feels like wanting Mac software to run on Windows. If you want mac software, use a mac.

thegreatunkown

Posted: 09/06/12 14:58 
I have seen this in past forums but a multiuploader upgrade will simplify things for users. If when an artist uploads multiple tracks they could add there info to them at one time as opposed to having to still create multiple files and upload them from one folder that would make jamroom 5's uploader much more usefull. Mr. Green

Posted: 09/07/12 01:46 
Will jamroom 5 be a free upgrade ?
And as for the modules, is it any worth buying new ones now, knowing that they will not be compatible with the next version ? See I'm working on a new website and I wonder if I should keep on working on it on Jamroom 4 or if I should stop everything and wait for the release of Jamroom 5...

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/07/12 02:20 

nixt:
Will jamroom 5 be a free upgrade ?
And as for the modules, is it any worth buying new ones now, knowing that they will not be compatible with the next version ? See I'm working on a new website and I wonder if I should keep on working on it on Jamroom 4 or if I should stop everything and wait for the release of Jamroom 5...

From Brian's original post on this thread -

Quote:
With Jamroom 5 however, it is a new system, and is not backwards compatible with existing Jamroom skins and modules. I know for a lot of you this is going to be disappointing, as you've invested a lot of time, work and energy into your existing Jamroom 4 sites - that's why we have no plans to discontinue Jamroom 4 support, but instead will continue supporting Jamroom 4 with bug fixes and tweaks for the foreseeable future.

Jamroom 5 is a completely new animal and V4 sites will not be immediately upgradable to it, but we do ultimately envisage an upgrade path as compatible V5 modules are developed.
Jamroom 5 Core will be free. Read this thread's first post for all details of what V5 will offer.
Cheers
Pa

perfectgamestudios

Posted: 09/07/12 10:53 
all you need is too share the logins if you want to match the look just make a matching style

Michael:

whodaniel:
....Is there any interest or intention for having compatibility on any level with WP, skins, plugins, etc?

Any module could be built. A single sign-on module could be built by someone who knew both systems. Or use something like open-id for both systems. depends on how you want to do it. Not sure why you would want to plug jamroom into wordpress though. Feels like wanting Mac software to run on Windows. If you want mac software, use a mac.

Prawn

Posted: 09/08/12 09:27 
is there a skeleton module we can use?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 09/08/12 10:03 
Not that I know of, but I've been using jrAudio and jrImage as models so you might want to make a start there.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
whodaniel

Posted: 09/09/12 10:27 
I appreciate the feedback, but I was proposing a much more integrated solution. I would elaborate but there doesn't seem to be very much community interest.

perfectgamestudios:
all you need is too share the logins if you want to match the look just make a matching style

Michael:

whodaniel:

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/09/12 18:25 
@whodaniel start another thread on it. outline your ideas for the module. remember too that wordpress is GPL ('general public license') license and it wants to infect everything that touches it, so what you ask for needs to be compatible with the jamroom license, MPL ('mozilla pubilic license') license.

--edit--
(I would rather implement the feature you want in native jamroom rather than relying on wordpress to do it. so what are those features)

WorldMain

Posted: 09/15/12 04:13 
Please add good SEO support from ground up when you building v5.

I owned jamroom license from v3 days but never started a pro site coz even v4 has no good SEO support.
You can somewhat SEO artist name but no SEO for his songs, photos or anything. Just need direct linkable pages or some system to SEO new releases, songs, events etc..

I used to release lot of hot songs but jamroom only having them inside the flash player and no way to SEO the new songs to play or download. Worldpress basic music theme does better job when it comes to SEO.

So please we need something we can SEO our new songs other than writing articles about them. Which google can direct send traffic to song. So on that page people direct can go to the song and play or download it.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules