Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Side Search
Dngmusic

Posted: 12/08/12 06:20 
Im Running Pro jam Light and trying to customize the side search boxes so that I can search music based on custom form fields.

I am trying to create pull down menus for the choices (i.e. red, blue, green) and then a "go" button the look for songs with those attributes..

Currently, I can do this but there is a text box that I would have to write my choice in...This method works but defeats the purpose of having a pull down menu.

I want only a pull down menu.

Anyone have the answer to this. How can I code this?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/08/12 08:27 
I'm not familiar with projam, but what response are you receiving when you submit the form without the text input field? Is it an ajax submit?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Dngmusic

Posted: 12/08/12 08:32 
The response I receive is that it return ALL of the results (not related to what is in the pull down menu)

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/08/12 08:43 
So the form is being submitted ok, but is ignoring your additional field. Maybe you have that field named as something that is unexpected by the skin and/or jamroom?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Dngmusic

Posted: 12/08/12 08:47 
No I don't want to use the additional field..When I take the additional field away the form does not work. I want only to have a pull down menu for the search

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/08/12 08:54 
I meant the additional field that you have added in - your dropdown select.

The form still has to be a valid html form, and the form elements need to be named correctly so that the receiving script can use them (you haven't mentioned if it is ajax submission or not).

If you are sure that your html is valid, and that you are submitting the expected form data, try looking at any javascript validation/submission that might be in use. It could be that it has been written to only expect a text input named "whatever", not a select input named "whatever", in which case you will need to change the javascript.

Dngmusic

Posted: 12/08/12 09:08 
Ahhh..That makes sense...Not sure if ajax or not..I think not..I'll read it over and try again and report the outcome

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace