User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 5 Beta 1 has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/22/12 08:52 
I've just finished creating the new "Jamroom 5 Download" section here:

http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads5

that contains the first beta release of Jamroom 5 !!!

I'm really excited that we are finally to the point of getting the new JR5 into beta and getting it into the hands of more users. To say it's taken longer to get to this point than we had initially thought would be an understatement - I think we all underestimated the amount of work that would be required to create an entirely new system from the ground up. However after several months of work I think we have an absolutely awesome foundation and core. So a big round of kudos to Douglas, Michael and Paul for putting in a ton of hard work to get us to this point.

With all that said, here's some thoughts and details on the new release (in no specific order):

• The new Jamroom 5 Core consists of 12 modules that are designed to be a great foundation for building almost any type of site. With JR5 our plan is to create addon "packs" that are geared towards specific site types - JR5 is a great core for building much more than just music sites now. Our first pack is going to be a "super pack" put together just for existing JR4 customers - it contains a ton of extra stuff (more details below).
  • A lot of JR5 modules have been redesigned and "rethought" from the ground up. Our focus is on making the user experience much cleaner and simpler than JR4, while at the same time trying to maintain as much "power" as possible in the core.
  • As a site admin you're going to find that there's less options and settings for many things - we're trying to make running and operating a JR5 site much easier. We've taken the guesswork out of how a lot of things work, and while I think some of you are going to be looking for more options, give it it a chance and I think you'll see how streamlined a lot of things have become.
  • There's a ton of new features and fixups, too numerous to list here - if you haven't run any JR5 release yet, make sure and download and check out the new JR5 beta - we've come A LONG way since the last alpha release.
  • For developers, make sure and check out the new "API Docs" section in the Developer module (part of the new core) - many of our modules now have their own API documentation that can help you know what all the new functionality does and how it works.

Now that the JR5 beta 1 is out, we're going to be moving into a regular release schedule going forward. The plan is to have a new beta release every 1-2 weeks until we get to the first non-beta version of JR5 - after that we'll move into a regular release schedule for JR5 maintenance, as well as a release schedule for new features (more info on this will follow).

Jamroom 5 Super Pack

Along with the new JR5 beta 1 release, we've also put together a special package for existing JR4 license holders - we're calling it the "Jamroom 5 Super Pack". This pack will only be available during the JR5 beta. The Jamroom 5 Super Pack contains the following 16 Jamroom 5 add on modules:

• jrAudio - Full Audio support with audio conversions.
  • jrGallery - Image Galleries (includes multiple uploads for creating large image galleries in 1 shot)
  • jrPlaylist - an awesome viewer playlist module - create and share playlists across the system using a slick AJAX interface.
  • jrCharts - chart anything that has counts in your system.
  • jrVimeo - Vimeo video support
  • jrYouTube - YouTube video support
  • jrSoundCloud - SoundCloud integration
  • jrRating - Ratings for almost anything in your system.
  • jrPrivateNote - Private notes for your users to communicate with their followers and profiles they follow.
  • jrOneAll - Social signup and login for 20+ social networks (including Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
  • jrNewsletter - User newsletters
  • jrMediaPlayer - mediaelement.js HTML 5 player for playlists.
  • jrGuestbook - profile guestbooks
  • jrEmbed - add a "JR" button to your WYSIWYG editor for embedding any JR media into a post.
  • jrEvent - Gigs and event module
  • jrFeed - RSS feeds for profile blogs and Disqus comments, or anything you want.

Once we are out of beta all of these modules will be available individually or as part of other packs - this is the only time we're going to offer them all in 1 big pack for $99. We're really excited about JR5 and hope many of you will support us in this new release.

To get your hands on new Super Pack, click on the following link to add it to your cart:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_store&o=cart_add&item_id=35

For now we will be sending out the Super Pack manually as we're still working on getting the new module/installer system online, so give us a little bit to get it to you.

Those of you with keen eyes may have noticed the jrVideo module missing from the list - it's in the works as handling video for all devices (mobile and browser) requires a much more complicated setup than in JR4. We'll be rolling out the jrVideo module along with our new conversion service that will feature full video conversions for all devices.

If anyone has any questions about JR5 or about anything, please follow up here and we'll get right back to you.

For those of you celebrating, on behalf of all of us here, we hope you have a great holiday and new year!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 01/08/13 09:55; edited 1 time in total
perfectgamestudios

Posted: 12/22/12 09:48 
Good job Brian,
will check this out and order the pack this week once I off work.
look forward to start developing for Jamroom 5

Stephen

perfectgamestudios

Posted: 12/22/12 09:50 
Also for those buying this pack do we get updates and access to the downloads later on via this website like Jamroom addons now.

Stephen

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/22/12 09:54 

perfectgamestudios:
Also for those buying this pack do we get updates and access to the downloads later on via this website like Jamroom addons now.

Stephen

Yes - you'll actually end up getting a license for each of the modules that will be linked your account (like how the Marketplace works right now) so you'll have it going forward.

Thanks!

- Brian

southerncrunk

Posted: 12/22/12 12:59 
im loving all the new stuff im hearing about Jamroom 5. But i do have concerns. I know im going to have to switch over to J5 in the future. But how im going to be able to do that with over 500 active members and over 200 gigabytes of music in J4 without building a totally new site?

SelfmadeClub

Posted: 12/22/12 13:09 

southerncrunk:
im loving all the new stuff im hearing about Jamroom 5. But i do have concerns. I know im going to have to switch over to J5 in the future. But how im going to be able to do that with over 500 active members and over 200 gigabytes of music in J4 without building a totally new site?

... well, the same question. i´ll hope, jamroom 4 users can move to jamroom 5 ...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/22/12 13:12 

southerncrunk:

When JR5 is out of beta we'll have a way to migrate an existing JR4 site to JR5 for you. How it will work is:

- install JR5 on another server or a sub directory of your existing install
- existing JR4 site is "imported" into JR5
- JR4 site is moved to a sub directory and JR5 site is moved into the main directory

We're still working on the import process as it's fairly involved (as you might guess) but Paul has been working really hard on making sure it's going to work well for sites of any size. He tests regularly on his Motagotor site which has many hundreds of profiles and gigs of music (not sure the exact size but I think it is around 20 gigs). Once we're sure it's going to work for all JR4 data and JR5 is out of beta, we'll be making that available.

JR5 skins are also much simpler than they are in JR4 - it should be fairly straightforward to migrate to a JR5 skin at that time as well. We're working on up-revving our existing skins (Nova, Flashback, ProJam and MediaPro) so they are JR5 ready too. It's our hope with the simpler JR5 skin setup that we'll see a wider variety of 3rd party skins come online as well.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

sweet

Posted: 12/22/12 21:56 
question... over the yrs i've bought these;

Jamroom 3 Unlimited Artist Version
Jamroom Power Pack
Jamroom Payment Pack
Jamroom Unlimited Bonus Option
Jamroom Cluster Server (1 server license)
Jamroom Skin Pack
Jamroom 4 Unlimited Artist Version

i never have had a chance to actually open my jr site because it's been difficult to customize. is it possible to use any of these in jr5?

effusiveart

Posted: 12/23/12 02:09 
I've already paid $200 for jr4 and over $100 in modules, not counting the countless hours ive put into making it useful with little to no help, and now you come with a new and better system for $100. At least lowering the modules for jr4 seemed respectful. But you've raised them back. Its dosent take a rocket scientist to understand why you have modules that would range around 2 to $300 to upgrade on a older system. can i get a discount on the modules or on jr5?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/23/12 03:44 
Excellent news, Thank you Brian and the Jamroom Team!

@effusiveart - What I read above is that the Jamroom 5 core is free, so there is no discount on that. And Brian says above that the module pack is discounted to $99 for a limited time.

@sweet - from my experience of using the Alpha, no, modules from previous versions won't work on a JR5 site. JR5 is a very, very different thing, it has been rewritten completely from the ground up and it is excellent. Try installing the Beta and see if you like it.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
effusiveart

Posted: 12/23/12 06:23 

SteveX:
Excellent news, Thank you Brian and the Jamroom Team!

@effusiveart - What I read above is that the Jamroom 5 core is free, so there is no discount on that. And Brian says above that the module pack is discounted to $99 for a limited time.

i really would like for you not to respond to anything i post. you never respond with anything worth while.
reqardless if your right or wrong. i bet your at no position to decide anything.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/23/12 07:49 
The JR5 Core is open source - there is no charge for it. Right now we're offering a very large discount on the new JR5 modules (16 modules for $99) so if you're looking for a discount, now is the time to get them.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

effusiveart

Posted: 12/23/12 08:34 

Brian:
The JR5 Core is open source - there is no charge for it. Right now we're offering a very large discount on the new JR5 modules (16 modules for $99) so if you're looking for a discount, now is the time to get them.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Are you planning on dropping the prices on the jr4 back down anytime in the future.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/23/12 11:12 

effusiveart:

Brian:

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Are you planning on dropping the prices on the jr4 back down anytime in the future.

Which JR4 prices have gone down and then back up again?
As Brian said, 16 modules for $99 is already a significant discount.
And please be respectful to other Jamroom users who are trying to help you.

effusiveart

Posted: 12/23/12 12:30 

Paul:

effusiveart:

Brian:

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Which JR4 prices have gone down and then back up again?
As Brian said, 16 modules for $99 is already a significant discount.
And please be respectful to other Jamroom users who are trying to help you.

Your representing a company and dont know of its prices.
Theres so many threads not answered why answer something you dont have the answer to while giving a useless response.
my questions are for someone that makes decisions

Last edited by effusiveart on 12/23/12 12:36; edited 1 time in total
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core