whodaniel

Posted: 01/09/13 13:28 
I'm using windows XP if that helps

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/09/13 13:29 

whodaniel:

Thanks - We've seen the issue now and are working on it.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/09/13 15:19 

Paul:

whodaniel:

Check the demo site now. Should be fixed up.

ashik

Posted: 01/17/13 00:59 
Please anyone can suggest me the steps to build a new module in jr5?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 01/17/13 01:21 
There are no docs as yet, so the best place to start is by looking at the existing modules. Which ones to look at depends on the type of module you are wanting to build.

jrAudio and jrGallery are the best ones to look at for item creation.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
ashik

Posted: 01/17/13 01:23 
Thanks for your quick reply

whodaniel

Posted: 01/17/13 08:34 

Paul:

Paul:

whodaniel:

Check the demo site now. Should be fixed up.

Looks like it's fixed.

ouviste

Posted: 01/26/13 07:25 
I noticed on the demo, that in the "featured profiles" on the main page, it uses a thumbnail of the profile picture and it just stretches it out to the size specified, there fore the pictures look distorted, isn't it possible to use the actual profile picture so one can improve the quality of the photo?

Eddy

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/26/13 08:12 

ouviste:
I noticed on the demo, that in the "featured profiles" on the main page, it uses a thumbnail of the profile picture and it just stretches it out to the size specified, there fore the pictures look distorted, isn't it possible to use the actual profile picture so one can improve the quality of the photo?

Eddy

To avoid stretching it actually uses cropping instead - where do you see a stretched image? I'm checking it out now and don't see any image stretching.

Thanks!

- Brian

ouviste

Posted: 01/26/13 09:08 
All the pictures on "featured profiles" look distorted to me, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, it doesn't to you?

I just checked on IE, and most of the pics looks distorted too, aside from a couple of them, the one I'm using when I logged in from Facebook is a good quality pic, but on the "featured profiles", the quality is horrible.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/26/13 09:20 

ouviste:
All the pictures on "featured profiles" look distorted to me, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, it doesn't to you?

I just checked on IE, and most of the pics looks distorted too, aside from a couple of them, the one I'm using when I logged in from Facebook is a good quality pic, but on the "featured profiles", the quality is horrible.

yeah the quality is bad, since the uploaded images are very small, so when resized to larger they look pixelated. There's nothing that can be done about that if the source image is very small or low quality.

For example, this image:

http://demo.jamroomnetwork.com/profile/image/profile_image/20/xxlarge/crop=width

is 180x180 pixels, so when resized to 512x512 it is going to be blocky. Alternately, this image:

http://demo.jamroomnetwork.com/profile/image/profile_image/4/xxlarge/crop=width

is 2048x2048 pixels native resolution, so when resized it is very sharp.

There's nothing Jamroom can do if someone uploads a very small image - when it is resized it is going to look blocky. This is different than stretching though - none of the images are being stretched (i.e. resized to incorrect aspect ratio).

So if you are a site owner, you'll want to make sure the profiles you choose to feature on the front page have high quality profile images.

Let me know know if that helps.

- Brian

ouviste

Posted: 01/26/13 10:34 
I guess the question then would be, is it possible to pull the profile picture from Facebook in it's original size rather then pull the 180x180 thumbnail? That is if someone joins a jamroom site with Facebook connect.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/26/13 10:37 

ouviste:
I guess the question then would be, is it possible to pull the profile picture from Facebook in it's original size rather then pull the 180x180 thumbnail?

The OneAll module automatically pulls the largest image size FB makes available, so we're doing the best we can from FB.

- Brian

ouviste

Posted: 01/26/13 10:44 
Ok, I'm looking at most people who will join my site (jamroom 5) from now on to be from Facebook, so that is a bit disappointing since I won't be able to feature bands or artists who signed up using their facebook account because their pictures won't be of good quality, I wonder why the mod creator hasn't updated that feature.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/26/13 10:48 

ouviste:
Ok, I'm looking at most people who will join my site (jamroom 5) from now on to be from Facebook, so that is a bit disappointing since I won't be able to feature bands or artists who signed up using their facebook account because their pictures won't be of good quality, I wonder why the mod creator hasn't updated that feature.

It's not a module issue - it's what FB makes available via their API. Once again you can control who shows on your featured profile rotation, so it really should not be an issue. You can also remove the featured profile section if you find that none of your profiles have a quality image.

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons