Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 5 Beta 5 has been released!
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/06/13 10:21 
I've just finished updating the Jamroom 5 downloads page with the latest Jamroom 5 beta release - beta 5:

http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads5

This new release adds a TON of new functionality and features, as well as fixes bugs that have been reported to date. Some highlights:

New in the Jamroom Core

• New "jrChainedSelect" module for creating select form chains (i.e. the choice in one select form element changes the options in the "chained" select form element).
  • Performance and bug fixes in the Data Store - systems should be faster and more responsive.
  • Updates to jrDeveloper module to bypass all caching (as long as developer mode is checked) - this really helps during development.
  • new {jrFollower_following_count} smarty function for getting following counts for a user_id.
  • A ton of bug fixes and tweaks to make everything work better

I've also uploaded the latest version of the Jamroom 5 Super Pack - we've added and updated almost every module included, as well as added a bunch of new features:

• New jrFoxyCart module for adding sales and subscriptions to your Jamroom - note that this is the FIRST release of this large module, and we'll be working on it extensively over the next week to make sure it is solid.
  • new jrUpimg module - upload images directly from within the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor.
  • new jrSeamless module - combine multiple Data Store list calls into one to create powerful listing options.
  • new jrRecommend module for recommending music to viewers based on artist influences.
  • new jrMailGun plugin module for adding MailGun email support to the core.
  • all new jrFlashback Skin - this is a Jamroom 5 version of the Jamroom 4 Flashback skin - it also includes the "Sage" CSS theme. This skin has been designed as a replacement skin for the Jamroom 4 Flashback, Sage and Cobalt3 skins.
  • updated jrEmbed module allows embedding of media into posts created in the TinyMCE editor.
  • major updates and enhancements to the jrOneAll module for linking up to 20 different social networks for logging in, signing up and posting to a user's activity stream.
  • all new jrVideo "dark" video player skin + MP4 conversion support for mobile devices.
  • updated jrNewsletter module now with better unsubscribe setup and delivery options.
  • too many other tweaks, bug fixes and updates to list.

So we added a bunch of new stuff to the Super Pack (bringing it to 24 modules and 2 skins), which is an awesome deal - if you have not picked up the Super Pack yet, I'd recommend doing so soon - this is likely the last beta release before Jamroom 5 comes out of beta - at that time you will no longer be able to buy the Jamroom 5 super pack.

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_store&o=cart_add&item_id=35

I highly recommend that everyone do a fresh install of this release - it's not required, but we've tweaked a lot of the existing menus and templates, and it may require some manual DB changes if you want to remove stuff from previous installs (mainly in the jr_jrcore_menu table).

If anyone has any questions about Jamroom5 beta 5, please make sure and post any issues or questions in the Jamroom 5 Beta forum:

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=24

All of us on the JR team hope you enjoy this new beta release of Jamroom 5!

Thanks!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 04/13/13 08:54; edited 1 time in total
jamesd116

Posted: 04/07/13 19:54 
now the chainedselect option sounds awesome wish we wouwld have had this all along

Posted: 04/08/13 22:57 

jamesd116:
now the chainedselect option sounds awesome wish we wouwld have had this all along

Hi..
Can I get a clarification on what the chaindselect option is and what will it do, and where and how is it to be used..

TIA..

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 23:14 

american:
....Can I get a clarification on what the chaindselect option is and what will it do....

Think its for things like selects with different levels. eg cars make and model

a select box for car makes:
* mazda
* honda
* toyota
etc....

Then another one for the models
* 323 //only for mazda
* hilux //only for toyota.
etc....

Its not specifically used anywhere right now in any of the modules, but it is available in the 'Form Designer'.

The 'Form Designer' is like "Custom Form Fields" was in JR4 where the admin can add new fields for the different forms.

Its an extra field type for building the forms you need.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/09/13 00:17 
If you check out the demo site I've set up some chained select fields in update profile for country/state/city and in audio for genre/sub-genre.

jamesd116

Posted: 04/09/13 05:49 
its definitly worth it by itsself i paid alot of money tohave the module built for state/county/city and genre/subgenre and it works beautifuly for JR4

Posted: 04/09/13 05:58 
I'm having trouble upgrading from Beta 4 to Beta 5. I see that a "fresh install" is not required but is recommended. Does "fresh install" mean to start from scratch?? I don't want to completely start over because I've got about 35 artists already signed up and they're not going to want to have to sign up again. I know that the beta version wasn't recommended for live sites but it was the only way I felt like I could really test it and I didn't realize I'd have to delete everybody.

So here's the problem... After uploading all of the Beta 5 files the site seems to work okay for visitors as far as I can tell.

When I click on "Account Settings" to get into the admin section it goes there fine without a problem, but when I click on an option in there I get this message:

Quote:
Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://ezfolk.com/artists/user/admin/tools. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

After getting this error I tried running the install.php file again and I get this error:

Quote:
ERROR: Config file found - Jamroom already appears to be installed

I tried getting rid of the config file but things got worse so I put it back. I'm not a programmer at all. Could somebody tell me what I need to do to get this working right?

Thanks!

jamesd116

Posted: 04/09/13 06:01 
if all else fails you can do a fresh install create a new db and go back into your settings and change the db to the oldone and delete the newly created db... ive done this plenty of times

Posted: 04/09/13 06:25 

jamesd116:
if all else fails you can do a fresh install create a new db and go back into your settings and change the db to the oldone and delete the newly created db... ive done this plenty of times

Thanks James! I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff but I'll definitely try that if I don't come up with something even easier. It's sounds like it would be simple but I can see myself screwing up the database by hitting the wrong button somewhere.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/09/13 06:30 
I assume you've run the integrity check? Its a long shot but sometimes helps.
The problem is that JR5 puts lots of stuff on the database and during beta, if we decide to do something a different way, or make other changes, old database entries can remain ready to bite!!
Are you getting anything in your error logs?

erh777

Posted: 04/09/13 07:22 
I can't run the Integrity Check because it's under "Tools" in the admin section, and I get the error when I try to go in there.

I can't check the error log within the admin section for the same reason, but I was able to download the error log through FTP and here's what it shows:

Quote:
[03-Apr-2013 16:45:55 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:308
Stack trace:
#0 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(238): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('')
#1 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(96): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array)
#2 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(60): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array)
#3 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleHeaderFactory.php(60): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setFieldBodyModel(Array)
#4 /home/erh777/public_html/arti in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 308
[03-Apr-2013 16:57:24 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:308
Stack trace:
#0 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(238): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('')
#1 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(96): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array)
#2 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(60): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array)
#3 /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleHeaderFactory.php(60): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setFieldBodyModel(Array)
#4 /home/erh777/public_html/arti in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrMailer/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 308
[04-Apr-2013 07:04:05 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrCore/lib/util.php on line 638
[04-Apr-2013 07:04:09 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrCore/lib/util.php on line 638
[04-Apr-2013 15:22:18 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrYouTube/index.php on line 517
[04-Apr-2013 15:22:31 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrYouTube/index.php on line 517
[04-Apr-2013 15:22:36 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrYouTube/index.php on line 517
[04-Apr-2013 15:22:45 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrYouTube/index.php on line 517
[04-Apr-2013 15:22:51 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrYouTube/index.php on line 517
[09-Apr-2013 06:28:34 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:28:49 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:29:19 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:29:39 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:30:00 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:34:27 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:34:42 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:34:51 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:35:08 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:39:36 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:39:39 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 06:39:43 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 08:22:15 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 08:27:04 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 08:35:06 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 08:52:48 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 08:52:56 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80
[09-Apr-2013 10:17:45 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jrGuestBook_quota_config() (previously declared in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestbook/quota.php:79) in /home/erh777/public_html/artists/modules/jrGuestBook/quota.php on line 80

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/09/13 07:32 
Well, it looks like there two instances of the jrGuestBook_quota_config() function !!
Also, the GuestBook quota.php file only has 48 lines. How you somehow appended instead of overwriting when updating files?

erh777

Posted: 04/09/13 08:17 

Paul:
Well, it looks like there two instances of the jrGuestBook_quota_config() function !!
Also, the GuestBook quota.php file only has 48 lines. How you somehow appended instead of overwriting when updating files?

That's weird... Everything seems to be working fine now! I'm not sure why "jrGuestBook" was in there twice since I just copied everything the same way. I just deleted the oldest jrGuestBook and that seemed to fix it. I ran the integrity check and the info shows that version 5.0.0b5 is running so it's looking good right now.

Thanks to everybody who had some input!

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules