Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
pay pal with JR 5 ?
izhmel

Posted: 04/10/13 13:51 
Brian can be very stubborn and is digging a deeper hole. There seems to be some sweetheart deal with foxycart and Jamroom and is why he don't want to give up the sweetheart deal with foxycart .

Every one is against foxycart sweetheart deal but Brian. JR4 will soon end tech support forcing all of us to pay for foxxycart. This will backfire on Jamroom .

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/10/13 13:52 
Also - make sure and check out my responses above - we're hoping to have a solution for those sites that cannot afford the $15 per month.

Thanks!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/10/13 13:54 

izhmel:
Brian can be very stubborn and is digging a deeper hole. There seems to be some sweetheart deal with foxycart and Jamroom and is why he don't want to give up the sweetheart deal with foxycart .

Every one is against foxycart sweetheart deal but Brian. JR4 will soon end tech support forcing all of us to pay for foxxycart. This will backfire on Jamroom .

Did you read my response above to your previous question? We are looking to provide a way for sites to use Foxycart without having to pay a monthly fee, which I am assuming would work well for you.

- Brian

andersda

Posted: 04/10/13 14:39 

Brian:

Quote:

How much demand would you need to believe that's the right way to go.?

If you could guarantee $50,000 in sales this coming year from it, I would do it. But that would be a huge stretch - at no point has the payment pack ever brought in anywhere close to that amount. With $50,000 in sales we could hire more support personal for the sure-to-come requests for additional features and gateway support.

- Brian

That seems silly. I don't think the foxycart module would generate anywhere close to $50k in sales by itself. That aside, I dont' thing you would expect anyone to add new requiests and support additional gateway support. Thats what foxy cart is for!! What we are looking for is the EXISTING functionality that keeps the current business models intact. No more, no less. So supporting it should be just as difficult as supporting Foxycart. Again, we are suggesting you support both.

As far as the alternative workflow you proposed, I dont' see it aa big benefitl. I'm not worried about the monthly fee (although it is a challenge at low volume), I'm worried about scale. There is no reason to erode your margins forever for code that should be fairly static. Additionally, Foxycart does not have the ability to route transactions between multipe accounts (regular vs micropayments) in order to reduce processing costs; so the transaction cost for <$10 transactions is even higher.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/10/13 14:46 
I don't have anything to add other than I appreciate the feedback. We will let you know if there are any changes in our plans in regards to the payment support in JR5.

Thanks!

- Brian

andersda

Posted: 04/10/13 15:30 
Thanks again Brian.

izhmel

Posted: 04/10/13 15:44 
And what happens when you ends support for JR4 ?

izhmel

Posted: 04/11/13 07:37 
Is this gonna be obsolete with JR5? we paid for this and feel like we are wasting money with Jamroom .

Did JR5 developers took this into account that all the modules JR4 users bought will be obsolete when JR4 tech support ends ? http://www.jamroom.net/Marketplace_Modules

The Jamroom PayPal Pro module is a special add on for the Jamroom Payment Pack that enables the use of PayPal Pro with Jamroom. This allows your visitors to purchase and subscribe to subscriptions directly on your Jamroom site. This is the perfect module for large Jamroom sites looking to make the checkout process as smooth and uniform as possible. Requires the Jamroom Payment Pack.

Last edited by izhmel on 04/11/13 10:16; edited 1 time in total
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/11/13 10:12 
Check out earlier in this thread - I think I've answered these questions several times.

At this time I don't have anything additional to add to this thread - we're still in beta.

Thanks!

- Brian

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 04/11/13 10:17 

Brian:
Check out earlier in this thread - I think I've answered these questions several times.

At this time I don't have anything additional to add to this thread - we're still in beta.

Thanks!

- Brian

I admire and am learning from your patience.

izhmel

Posted: 04/11/13 10:21 
I hope when JR5 comes out of beta we will be able to use all of our investment otherwise it's a total waste of money for JR4 users .

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/11/13 10:44 

Natedogg265:

Brian:

Thanks!

- Brian

I admire and am learning from your patience.

Laughing

Dazed

Posted: 04/11/13 10:45 

izhmel:
I hope when JR5 comes out of beta we will be able to use all of our investment otherwise it's a total waste of money for JR4 users .

Seriously? This is like going from XP to Windows 7. Your investment was in JR4. Now you have the option to move to the next version or stay with the previous. JR4 is still supported stay with it. Many will do the same.

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/11/13 11:03 

Quote:
Did JR5 developers took this into account that all the modules JR4 users bought will be obsolete when JR4 tech support ends ? http://www.jamroom.net/Marketplace_Modules

Jamroom SoundCloud Seamless Module - $29
Jamroom Facebook - $39
Jamroom Mobile - $39
Jamroom YouTube Seamless Module - $29
Jamroom Vimeo Seamless Module -$29
paRate - $29
paCombiRank - $29
Recurring Events Module - $29
Jamroom Twitter - $29

All the above Jamroom4 functionality is provided by just a few of the 26 Jamroom5 modules included in the SuperPack for $99. The other included modules provide 95% of the rest of the functions. Do the sums. SuperPack is a bargain.
And before you mention PayPal again, we have offered to develop a viable alternative that you have declined to comment on.
You pay for major software updates. That's the way the business works. End of story.

izhmel

Posted: 04/11/13 11:54 
This is the developer's game so you can keep spending. You use to be able to use all your memory and just about every thing when you changed your mother board, and what they did was to use the same circuit change the pin configuration on the printed circuit board, i.e. instead of pin one be the positive and pin two be address latch, they use a different pin configuration call it an upgrade so you cant use your old memory forcing you to buy new memory .
How do I know this ? I have bin an Electronics engineer for over 20 years @ the design level building major studio equipment and as a producer working with major artists, and is why I'm not buying the excuses

[quote]You pay for major software updates. That's the way the business works. End of story.[/quote
Arrogant answer .

I like the new JR5 and think the $99 is a good deal .
One of the most important module wish is pay pal was never considered before forcing foxycart on us.

Why not say sorry, you all pissed of JR4 users and will develop a pay pal module for JR5 since Brian admits its can be done by saying " we should pay some one to develop a pay pal module "

https://www.youtube.com/user/thescientistdubwize?feature=mhee]

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons