is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
pay pal with JR 5 ?
Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 04/11/13 12:00 

izhmel:
This is the developer's game so you can keep spending. You use to be able to use all your memory and just about every thing when you changed your mother board, and what they did was to use the same circuit change the pin configuration on the printed circuit board, i.e. instead of pin one be the positive and pin two be address latch, they use a different pin configuration call it an upgrade so you cant use your old memory forcing you to buy new memory .
How do I know this ? I have bin an Electronics engineer for over 20 years @ the design level building major studio equipment and as a producer working with major artists, and is why I'm not buying the excuses

You pay for major software updates. That's the way the business works. End of story.[/quote
Arrogant answer .

I like the new JR5 and think the $99 is a good deal .
One of the most important module wish is pay pal was never considered before forcing foxycart on us.

Why not say sorry, you all pissed of JR4 users and will develop a pay pal module for JR5 since Brian admits its can be done by saying " we should pay some one to develop a pay pal module "

https://www.youtube.com/user/thescientistdubwize?feature=mhee]

You've accused these guys of scheming you while you ask them to do more. Your tactics could use a little polish.

izhmel

Posted: 04/11/13 12:16 
I'm not accusing any one, I know when something don't make logical sense .

i.e. excluding pay pal since we all was using pay pal . how about you took your car in for a timing belt replacement , your mechanic said $200 for a better timing belt and when you paid him, he said by the way you now have to bring the car back each month that cost $150 for timing belt oil , would you like that ?

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 04/11/13 12:18 
This is more like you want the new model car but hate XM radio fees.

Dazed

Posted: 04/11/13 12:21 

izhmel:
This is the developer's game so you can keep spending. You use to be able to use all your memory and just about every thing when you changed your mother board, and what they did was to use the same circuit change the pin configuration on the printed circuit board, i.e. instead of pin one be the positive and pin two be address latch, they use a different pin configuration call it an upgrade so you cant use your old memory forcing you to buy new memory .
How do I know this ? I have bin an Electronics engineer for over 20 years @ the design level building major studio equipment and as a producer working with major artists, and is why I'm not buying the excuses

Quote:
You pay for major software updates. That's the way the business works. End of story.

Arrogant answer .

I like the new JR5 and think the $99 is a good deal .
One of the most important module wish is pay pal was never considered before forcing foxycart on us.

Why not say sorry, you all pissed of JR4 users and will develop a pay pal module for JR5 since Brian admits its can be done by saying " we should pay some one to develop a pay pal module "

https://www.youtube.com/user/thescientistdubwize?feature=mhee]

Izmel - I can appreciate your background and how you feel. However it appears that you have never been in software development, correct? The difference is this is not Brian slapping a new version on JR and delivering primarily the same software. That would be Apple IOS that does that Very Happy .

From what I have seen is this is a completely new rewrite from the ground up. The amount of development time alone is staggering not to mention the testing and research time. I know I have probably put 20-30 hours of testing time in on one skin.

This kind of reminds me of when musicians get upset because we do not offer unlimited uploads for free. They want everything for free because of reverbnation and facebook. I get that also. However when I ask them why they are selling their music and not giving it away, I get the same responses. Equipment, software, talent blah blah blah. When I mention servers, software, upkeep, customer support they always get a deer in the headlights look. Then they realize how much we put into our sites for really no profit.

I think what Brian is trying to say here is that he explored the options and this was the best cost effective way to offer a multiple payment solution. An out of the box solution that was already coded was quicker than trying to interface with multiple vendors from scratch.

Last edited by Dazed on 04/11/13 12:22; edited 1 time in total
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/11/13 12:21 
One last time -

Quote:

And before you mention PayPal again, we have offered to develop a viable alternative that you have declined to comment on.

Oh - don't put oil on a timing belt Wink

izhmel

Posted: 04/11/13 12:49 
I love the new JR5 and knows it's a better system, and knows it's a better design, the only issue is pay-pal they should not excluded pay pal for the foxycart and should made foxycart an option because the payment pack that was paid for with JR4 is a total lost of investment .

Quote:
And before you mention PayPal again, we have offered to develop a viable alternative that you have declined to comment on.

This should have bin taught of before forcing foxycart on us

a tiny drop of oil on the timing belt keeps it from cracking, If the mechanic had said this before taking the money and you agreed it would have bin a different situation, and If you notice foxycart was not introduced until the end.

izhmel

Posted: 04/16/13 10:30 
the artist who have a subscription account that uses pay pal in JR4, are not happy with foxycart in JR5 how do I address the problem them, since pay pal is not included in JR5 , will all the sales records will be imported ?
will they all have to switch to foxycart ?

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 04/16/13 10:43 
Foxycart is not being forced on me. I'm sticking with jr4. I have that option.

izhmel

Posted: 04/16/13 11:01 
Are you sticking with JR4 after tech support ends ?
why you don't like the new improvements in JR5, it's relay better than JR4 ,with a lot of new features and changes it's relay cool the only issue I see is fofxycart ?

why are you not switching , is it because of foxycart ?

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 04/16/13 11:05 
What makes you think tech support ever ends? And if there are no updates happening to the skin tech support won't be needed nearly as often.

izhmel

Posted: 04/16/13 11:59 

Quote:
What makes you think tech support ever ends?

Because it there are no new updates for JR3, and JR4 is loaded with bugs, just look in the forum , I know now when I'm getting ready to buy any new program look in the forums for issues other users are having.

Quote:
And if there are no updates happening to the skin tech support won't be needed nearly as often.

but there be that one time you may need it, and that could be the reason to make your site goes dead , would you upgrade then ?

The support team will be crammed dealing with JR4 and JR5 complains if other users take your position "sticking with JR4 "and not upgrade.

When you hear a programer says " they are sticking with the older version instead of the upgrade" they may know something we don't

Did Brian redesign Jamroom because he had nothing to do , or because of ongoing issues with JR4 ?

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 04/16/13 12:11 
He updated to jr5 to improve his business model and to streamline his product.

Last edited by Natedogg265 on 04/16/13 12:12; edited 2 times in total
Intro2Music

Posted: 04/16/13 12:11 
To be perfectly honest, I think this thread is getting out of hand. I wish everyone would remain cool and wait for the JR5 stable version to be released.

I also think it's out of order to have a go at Brian, he's always had our best interest at heart, and he works hard for all of us JR users.

Posted: 04/16/13 12:53 
I love JR5 the only issue is foxyxart

Quote:
I also think it's out of order to have a go at Brian, he's always had our best interest at heart, and he works hard for all of us JR users.

I agree, the only issue , he can be sometimes be a little stubborn, but eventually comes around .

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/17/13 18:43 

izhmel:

I agree, the only issue , he can be sometimes be a little stubborn

I take that as a compliment Smile

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform