Jamroom Help:
pay pal with JR 5 ?
izhmel

Posted: 04/24/13 16:00 
any word yet with paypal and JR5 ?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/15/13 17:50 
For anyone still interested, I'm interested in comments about possible payment alternatives here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=236804#236804

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
izhmel

Posted: 08/10/13 11:36 
Foxy cart killed JR5 , all the users on my site hates foxy cart and is why there are not many sites have upgraded to JR5 .

JR is getting too expensive to operate especially when you calculate all the paid subscription modules forced on us ,

The only people who thinks foxy cart is cool are developers and paid spokesmen, or some developer acting like a customer.

all the treads about foxy cart every one is hating foxy cart and is saying the same thing about foxy cart's monthly fees making more money than I tunes and thinks foxy cart is greedy.

The excuse for foxy cart was

Quote:
As many of you know that have used JR4, JR4 supported PayPal and a few other payment processors. With JR5 we began looking for frameworks that would make it possible for Jamroom to support a wider variety of payment processing solutions. The number one request for custom work over the years has been "can you create a payment plugin for XX system? We're not in one of the countries that is supported by PayPal", or "we hate PayPal and won't use them - can you support merchant XX?". So going in to JR5 we knew we had to come up with a solution that made it so we could support a much wider variety of payment processors - a very significant portion of all Jamroom sales have been to countries outside of the US and Western Europe.

This is where FoxyCart came in - not only do they support a TON of merchant processors ("gateways"):

JR team should have developed a paypal module and offer foxy cart as an option for those who want a different gateways, JR5 team did not want to develop a pay pal module fir JR5 and thought we all would have liked foxy cart .

I cant find any one who likes foxy cart or have used it , pay pal is world wide and is more trusted than foxy cart , pay pal is used allot in the UK and is why I am not buying the excuses to use foxy cart

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42563&highlight=foxy+cart

b360

Posted: 08/11/13 06:10 

Brian:
However we are going to be looking into a way (if it is possible) to provide some sort of payment method through FoxyCart for sites that want to sell stuff but don't want to subscribe to FoxyCart.

- Brian

Check out http://www.opencart.com/

izhmel

Posted: 08/11/13 08:06 
Thanks for this b360.

So all the people who love pay pal who had no problems with pay pal got pushed aside for a few who hates pay pal probably because pay pal defends buyers against fraud

quote]The number one request for custom work over the years has been "can you create a payment plugin for XX system? We're not in one of the countries that is supported by PayPal", or "we hate PayPal and won't use them [/quote]

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/11/13 08:29 

izhmel:
Thanks for this b360.

So all the people who love pay pal who had no problems with pay pal got pushed aside for a few who hates pay pal probably because pay pal defends buyers against fraud

quote]The number one request for custom work over the years has been "can you create a payment plugin for XX system? We're not in one of the countries that is supported by PayPal", or "we hate PayPal and won't use them

As I have repeatedly posted, FoxyCart supports PayPal, so all your "fraud" checking is supported and you have no leg to stand on.

I get it - you hate FoxyCart and think this is going to kill Jamroom 5. Great - can we stop flogging the dead horse here?

I would love to refund your Jamroom 5 super pack purchase and have you move on to a system you believe is better suited to your needs. Constantly posting about how much you dislike everything we're doing is not constructive. If you have actual suggestions, please suggest them, but understand that that does not mean we are going to do them. They are simply that - suggestions.

I will tell you right now our goal is to provide awesome support and build an awesome system for our customers that want to use Jamroom. It's clear to me that JR5 is NOT the system for you, so please take your caustic postings elsewhere.

Going forward I will simply delete any post of yours that is just a complaint about PayPal - we know your opinion by now and no longer need to hear it.

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous1234567

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons