Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 5 has been unleashed!
ouviste

Posted: 07/29/13 06:27 
On the Global Config of the "Jamroom 4 Import" module I enter the url of my JR4 site but I get this error,

Unable to connect to remote Jamroom4 site: 301 Moved Permanently Moved Permanently The document has moved here.

Any idea why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/29/13 06:29 
Not seen that one before, but you do need to put the full url of the JR4 site - http://www.jr4site.com
Try that?

ouviste

Posted: 07/29/13 06:35 
I did Paul, I created and entered a key on both my JR5/JR4 but when enter the remote URL this happens.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/29/13 06:37 

ouviste:
I did Paul, I created and entered a key on both my JR5/JR4 but when enter the remote URL this happens.

You are likely using the wrong URL. Sounds like you have a 301 redirect setup for "www" to point to non-www (or vice versa). Or, your hosting provider is blocking outbound URL requests from PHP.

Make sure any issues like this you have that you open a thread in the Help forum:

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Thanks!

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/29/13 06:50 
I've just tried it on a setup with JR4 and JR5 folders, as above, and it connected ok.
As Brian said, open a new thread on the help forum if you're still having issues.

ouviste

Posted: 07/29/13 06:53 
I just did Paul, also contacting DJ from JBservers, hopefully he can shed some light into this issue.

luis890

Posted: 07/29/13 10:47 

Brian:
Also want to add - we've also released the new ProJam 5 Jamroom 5 skins (in Dark and Light versions):

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom5_Skins

These are awesome, premium skins that have been in development for the last few months. Douglas has worked hard on them, and they have turned out fantastic.

- Brian

I just saw the post today, I wanted to buy two more licenses for the two other sites but it is no longer available.. Is it possible if I still can get the superpack package... I already have one licences, but i need 2 more.
Thank You.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/29/13 11:18 
We can work something out - contact us at support [at] jamroom [dot] net.

Thanks!

- Brian

luis890

Posted: 07/29/13 11:30 

Brian:
We can work something out - contact us at support [at] jamroom [dot] net.

Thanks!

- Brian

Done that, thanks.

bodawg

Posted: 07/29/13 16:05 
Congrats Guys, nice work! & a belated Embarassed Happy Birthday Jamroom!!!

-Rob

Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/29/13 16:42 
Oh god it has been 10 years hasn't it Rolling Eyes

I wish stevex had gotten the time tavel module done in time for this Laughing

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
jimmyk
Beta Team

Posted: 07/29/13 19:51 
New modules page looks great... tons of modules. I love being able to choose the features that I want to add to JR.

I have two suggestions:

1. I could see how some people might get confused with the 'bundles'. Obviously, a bundle includes modules grouped together: I completely understand the bundle concept. For the newest of newest user it might be easier to have a 'Jamroom 5 Modules' page which has all the single modules and 'Jamroom 5 Module Bundles' on a separate page which includes all the bundles - each page referencing each other. It might avoid some new customer questions... customers who have no idea what JR is and have limited understanding of PHP, programming, etc.

2. One thing I hate about so many of the scripts out there is that after awhile there are so many modules / pluging / extensions that it's hard to tell which ones are good and which ones are bad. As much as Apple is controlling in their itunes store, I know what I purchase is tested and approved. Sometimes for scripts there are thousands of module / plugin / extensions options, sometimes multiples of the same function. I have to spend an hour to read all the reviews for each and in the end I still can't decide which one to purchase. Maybe having some kind of 'Certified by Jamroom' for module developers who are outside of the Jamroom Team? Maybe you guys are already thinking of something like this... I have no idea. Just a suggestion. I would feel more confident in purchasing an approved or certified module now that modules will be so important to JR5.

Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/30/13 06:48 

jimmyk:
New modules page looks great... tons of modules. I love being able to choose the features that I want to add to JR.

I have two suggestions:

1. I could see how some people might get confused with the 'bundles'. Obviously, a bundle includes modules grouped together: I completely understand the bundle concept. For the newest of newest user it might be easier to have a 'Jamroom 5 Modules' page which has all the single modules and 'Jamroom 5 Module Bundles' on a separate page which includes all the bundles - each page referencing each other. It might avoid some new customer questions... customers who have no idea what JR is and have limited understanding of PHP, programming, etc.

You know I initially had it setup this way and thought they would be overlooked - but I actually agree with you and think I'll get a special section setup for them now.

Quote:

2. One thing I hate about so many of the scripts out there is that after awhile there are so many modules / pluging / extensions that it's hard to tell which ones are good and which ones are bad. As much as Apple is controlling in their itunes store, I know what I purchase is tested and approved. Sometimes for scripts there are thousands of module / plugin / extensions options, sometimes multiples of the same function. I have to spend an hour to read all the reviews for each and in the end I still can't decide which one to purchase. Maybe having some kind of 'Certified by Jamroom' for module developers who are outside of the Jamroom Team? Maybe you guys are already thinking of something like this... I have no idea. Just a suggestion. I would feel more confident in purchasing an approved or certified module now that modules will be so important to JR5.

Yep - I agree. Now that JR5 is out, we're focusing on 2 things: Support JR5 and address issues that come up (for 5.0.1, etc.) and 2) get Jamroom.net moved over to JR5 as well. Jamroom.net runs on an old CMS I developed about 8 years ago now, and it's just not conducive to customizing things much, so instead of spending a lot of time trying to get the system setup as we need it, we're just going to move to JR5 since it is so much more flexible Smile Once the move is complete, developers will have their own profiles where they can have their own support forum, tickets, etc and post their modules - this will allow modules and skins to be 'rated' and commented on, so it should be a good setup to help promote those module developers that do a great job supporting what they create.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

- Brian

jimmyk
Beta Team

Posted: 07/30/13 07:04 

Brian:

jimmyk:

I have two suggestions:

You know I initially had it setup this way and thought they would be overlooked - but I actually agree with you and think I'll get a special section setup for them now.

Quote:

Yep - I agree. Now that JR5 is out, we're focusing on 2 things: Support JR5 and address issues that come up (for 5.0.1, etc.) and 2) get Jamroom.net moved over to JR5 as well. Jamroom.net runs on an old CMS I developed about 8 years ago now, and it's just not conducive to customizing things much, so instead of spending a lot of time trying to get the system setup as we need it, we're just going to move to JR5 since it is so much more flexible Smile Once the move is complete, developers will have their own profiles where they can have their own support forum, tickets, etc and post their modules - this will allow modules and skins to be 'rated' and commented on, so it should be a good setup to help promote those module developers that do a great job supporting what they create.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

- Brian

1. I think as long as you put in the descriptions for both the individual modules and the bundled modules that 'this module can be purchased in the bundle' or 'this module can be purchased as an individual module' people will understand and be able to compare.

2. I think having multiple developers with forums / sections for their products is great. What I was trying to say is that some sort of approved Jamroom developer process would put potential users minds at ease to what they're purchasing. I know you just don't put any module up on your site, but you could probably save yourself and the team a lot of time if you had a process of approval for each new module. A process for each new module or module update where the module is tested by the team and approved for listing on the site. If a new user has a problem with the module purchased from a non JR team member and it doesn't work or that new user is having problems, it could look bad on JR as a whole. Starting a developer program with steps for module approval could save some time when that new user contacts JR support and complains that X developer isn't supporting their module, etc. I was thinking of something similar to the Apple Store. Charge developers a small fee to signup and have an approval process for new modules and updates. I think users want reassurance that the module they purchase is going to work on the stock system. Just a suggestion.

Posted: 07/30/13 19:03 
This is awesome.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core