jamroom 5 preview length
b360

Posted: 09/13/13 10:50 
No...

line 507/960 column 105

Code
 // Create our Sample
            if ($_queue['sample']) {
                jrAudio_create_sample($_queue['profile_id'],$_queue['item_id'],array_merge($_it,$_data),60);

harleychicks

Posted: 09/13/13 10:54 
function jrAudio_create_sample($profile_id,$audio_id,$_audio,$sample_length = 60)
{

That don't work

b360

Posted: 09/13/13 10:56 
why does yours look like that?

ahh your editing line 306/960 instead!

Maby this wasn't a good idea to recommend this for you. Im sorry I figured it would help but apparently you will need a professional to modify your site to your liking.

Last edited by b360 on 09/13/13 11:02; edited 1 time in total
harleychicks

Posted: 09/13/13 11:02 
I copped what I see

// Our command to create our sample file
// "q" for quarter of a sine wave
// "h" for half a sine wave
// "t" for linear (‘triangular’) slope
// "l" for logarithmic
// "p" for inverted parabola

// See how long of a sample has been requested - we want to try and snip
// a section out from the middle of the song for our sample.
list($h,$m,$s) = explode(':',$_audio['audio_file_length']);
$total = (($h * 60) * 60) + ($m * 60) + $s;
$begin = round($total / 2);

harleychicks

Posted: 09/14/13 12:38 
Paying for foxycart when anybody can record the full length of the song is not cool .

Why the admin cant set the preview length in jamroom 5 , the way how jamroom 4 works.

I did every thing you all suggested and none of them worked , this should not be so hard to do especially when you have to be paying for foxy cart monthly fees that have not produced any mp3 sales yet .

How can I resolve this issue ?

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 13:37 

Quote:
Paying for foxycart when anybody can record the full length of the song is not cool .

Actually foxy cart has a built in function. If any of your members set a price for a song. It divides the song in half and plays up to a minuite of it from the middle.

Quote:
Why the admin cant set the preview length in jamroom 5 , the way how jamroom 4 works.

Because JR 5 is not JR 4 and so theres diffrences. Im sure more options will be available in the furure with updates and modules.

Quote:
I did every thing you all suggested and none of them worked , this should not be so hard to do especially when you have to be paying for foxy cart monthly fees that have not produced any mp3 sales yet .

I actually suggested the easy way to resolve this would be getting a developer to write you a module or modify your site to work just as you like. Im not quite sure what foxycart has to do with you wanting a custom work done but the functionality your requesting dosent exist in JR 5 (outside of the 60 second of play that foxycart does for your songs).

I would like to find a way to help you but im afraid even if I figured out a way to modify the script to work for you that you would not understand how to take the information I give you and put it where it goes and then I would have to resolve why the site dosent play songs or something.

I have a question however, Why is the 60 second preview that foxycart does provide on songs for sale not sufficient for your needs?

harleychicks

Posted: 09/14/13 13:45 

Quote:
I have a question however, Why is the 60 second preview that foxycart does provide on songs for sale not sufficient for your needs?

The songs play the full length is what my original complain was, if the songs was not playing the full length I would not complain , and don't understand why this feature of the admin setting there own preview lenght was taken away in jamroom 5 upgrade.

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 13:48 
Well lets start with your hosting. What kind of hosting are you running for your site.
what version of jamroom 5 is installed. and what skin are you using

This functionality should be working with out modification so to me it just sounds like misconfigured server setup..

Did you set up your server yourself or did someone else?

Have you modified any of the files?

harleychicks

Posted: 09/14/13 14:39 

Quote:
Well lets start with your hosting. What kind of hosting are you running for your site.
what version of jamroom 5 is installed. and what skin are you using

This functionality should be working with out modification so to me it just sounds like misconfigured setup..

Did you set up your server yourself or did someone else?

Have you modified any of the files?

I don't understand your line of questions , are you implying hosting can have some thing to do with preview length that worked in jamroom 4 using the same server ?

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 14:46 
yes your hosting and set up can absolutely have a lot to do with the functionality of your site.

JR 4 is not related to 5 like your suggesting. Its not an upgrade version of 4 its a completely new beast.

^^ And the questions im asking are pretty straight forward technical support ones used to figure out your environment and trouble shoot your setup.

I will try to make the questions more clear.

1) Is your hosting environment shared, vps or dedicated server?

2) What Version of Jamroom 5 are you currently running. (the most current version at this time is 5.0.2)

3) Jamroom has 1 stock skin (jrElastic) but if you have purchased the "Super Pack Option" in which you are also entitled to use (jrSage, jrFlashback, and jrNova) Or you may have purchased a 3rd party Skin? Which skin are you using when you have this error?

4) Did you set up your hosting environment or did someone else do this for you? Setting up a hosting environment requires use of tools like SSH logging in to a terminal and coding your server environment. This server environment installs "tools/software" used to deploy your website. If the "tools/software" on the server are not set up then your website wont function properly.

5) Have you modified, changed, or altered ANY of the Jamroom 5 files after installation?

Every post previous to these has been very helpfull and on point to resolving your issue. With the exception of me suggesting you look in to modifying the script. However, If their suggestions did not work for you then I believe the solution you need may derive from the questions I have asked which are pretty basic ones anyone must know when setting up a website.

Last edited by b360 on 09/14/13 15:21; edited 1 time in total
harleychicks

Posted: 09/14/13 15:20 
I am tuning the newest version of jamroom
I get the same error with any of the skins
I did not modify any of the settings
I am on a shared hosting
the hosting environment is all green and all modules working
Quote:

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 15:30 
You will need to get a VPS or Dedicated Server and im pretty sure this will resolve your issue.

In a shared environment you can not control your server. My advice is that you should look in to an affordable small VPS and start with that. In a shared environment the hosting provider will shut down your site if you have too much traffic/data streaming or use too much ram even if they say "unlimited". They govern your environment and if anything is not working properly I would bank 99% on its your hosting environment at this point. In a typical shared environment technicians have installed software to block certain functionality as well to prevent misuse of their "unlimited" use policy.

However they may be also able to assist you in setting up your shared environment to work with your Jamroom. They also have CGI files on their end that can be used to control your php environment in some cases depending on your provider.

harleychicks

Posted: 09/14/13 16:42 
so anyone who has the new jamroom 5 will have this issue, and will be @ risk by people recording there tracks using jamroom 5 if you are on a shared server, and jamroom 5 requires more than jamroom 4 , and foxy cart payments monthly will be a waste if you are on a shared server ?

what hosting do you recommend ?

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 17:35 
No most people are using vps or dedicated servers and don't have these issues. A shared hosting environment is not the right way to run this type of a website. In my opinion you shouldn't run JR4 on a shared environment eather. It can be done I suppose and configured to work however that would be like trying to run a McDonnalds out of an RV.

as far as hosting goes I am a reseller and have a distributors license for vps servers but this is not a place for me to advertise myself. Here is a list of a few great companies.

http://www.jamroom.net/Providers

harleychicks

Posted: 09/14/13 18:59 
I wish if jamroom said this before we got jamroom5 and it makes no sense because jamroom 4 worked ok on the server

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules