Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Activation link blank screen
adanhash

Posted: 09/13/13 22:33 
Hi, can somebody help me when a user signs up and receives and email for validation, he clicks the link to validate. But when he redirected to the website it just shows the menu and nothing under neath.

i check the source code and it says

CRI: Query Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR pr.`value` IN(SELECT SQL_SMALL_RESULT `_item_id` FROM jr_jrprofile_item_key' at line 8

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 05:15 
Dont know if this will help but one problem I had was when I installed MySQL. it installed with innodb as the default controller. Maby yours is also set up this way. you will want to change your default controller to myIsam if this is the case.

adanhash

Posted: 09/14/13 05:23 
I guess this is coming from my custom module. when the activation link is clicked and it loads my function it comes up with the error
CRI: Query Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR pr.`value` IN(SELECT SQL_SMALL_RESULT `_item_id` FROM jr_jrprofile_item_key' at line 8

is there anything i should do in the module include.php? I feel its something to do with the listener!

b360

Posted: 09/14/13 16:43 
You might be using the wrong syntax for your request or my guess is the communication from the optimizer to your MySQL server isn't configured properly. Are you working with a shared, vps or dedicated server?

* SQL_SMALL_RESULT can be used with GROUP BY or DISTINCT to tell the
optimizer that the result set is small. In this case, MySQL uses
fast temporary tables to store the resulting table instead of using
sorting. This should not normally be needed.

Example:

Code
SELECT SQL_BUFFER_RESULT SQL_SMALL_RESULT MAX(s1.price),
(SELECT hires_image FROM sales
 WHERE date = s1.date and branch = s1.branch and price = max(s1.price))
FROM sales s1
GROUP BY s1.date, s1.branch
HAVING MAX(price) > 100;

Computing the group might not require that much memory, but sending the result to a client over a narrow bandwidth connection might take long.

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/15/13 00:52 

adanhash:
I guess this is coming from my custom module. when the activation link is clicked and it loads my function it comes up with the error.....

Could be if you are altering the code.

What I would do is put some debug stuff in your listener. It seams to be firing because its able to cause the error, but it might be firing too often perhaps, or when your not expecting it to.

Might need to be wrapped in a wrapper of some sort.

I have a debugging system setup, so they way I would handle it would be to set a break point on the return line of your listener and then click the link to start the system and see what is happening at that point in the system.

If you dont have a debugging system setup, you can use the fdebug() function to throw anything up to the debug log.

The syntax I like is this:

Code
$debug = array(
'what' => 'Im trying to figure out xxxxxxxxx, im in the xxxx_xxxx_xxx() function on line 1234',
'$_post' => $_post,
'$_args' => $_args
//etc... whatever vars your interested in.
);
fdebug($debug);

Then fire up the system for one round and go see whats new in the debug log.

----
My guess is that your not directly querying any SQL so that query in the error log is not what is written in your module. That SQL looks like its part of the datastore search request, so I would guess that your passing in some parameters to a datastore request thats causing the datastore search request to fail. Just need to figure out why.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/16/13 11:35 

b360:
You might be using the wrong syntax for your request or my guess is the communication from the optimizer to your MySQL server isn't configured properly. Are you working with a shared, vps or dedicated server?

* SQL_SMALL_RESULT can be used with GROUP BY or DISTINCT to tell the
optimizer that the result set is small. In this case, MySQL uses
fast temporary tables to store the resulting table instead of using
sorting. This should not normally be needed.

Example:

Code
SELECT SQL_BUFFER_RESULT SQL_SMALL_RESULT MAX(s1.price),
(SELECT hires_image FROM sales
 WHERE date = s1.date and branch = s1.branch and price = max(s1.price))
FROM sales s1
GROUP BY s1.date, s1.branch
HAVING MAX(price) > 100;

Computing the group might not require that much memory, but sending the result to a client over a narrow bandwidth connection might take long.

SQL_SMALL_RESULT is because it is a "hint" to MySQL that it can (attempt) to use a MEMORY based tmp table instead of a disk based temp table, so that's all good.

This error is from the DataStore query - can you paste the entire bad SQL query as it appears in your debug log?

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons