Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
After the user pays for the file the get 0KB download
harleychicks

Posted: 10/15/13 13:35 
After the user pays for the file, when they download the file they get 0kb file size after they download

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/15/13 15:07 
Try it with a different file.

You could also try with the same file but make it a free download to see if it also downloads as a 0kb file, but I expect that using a valid file will sort out your problem.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
harleychicks

Posted: 10/15/13 15:56 
I tried it with many files and it don't work

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/15/13 17:11 
Then you need to figure out what it is that you are doing wrong, or have wrongly configured.

If you have definitely ruled out a file problem, take a look at your logs to see if any errors have been reported. (look at both debug and php error logs, then at your server logs).

If its working for everyone else, and not working for you, you just need to find out what it is that you are doing differently to how everyone else is doing it, and then you will have found your solution.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Dazed

Posted: 10/15/13 21:33 
Hey harleychicks! I have seen several posts from you that make me believe something is completely off in your install/setup. If I were you, I would create a test database and a new sub directory and do a fresh install. You could also grab an account from JB Servers or Digital Ocean for a few dollars and install over there which might also be a good test. Since you are the only one reporting this issue, something seems to point to your environment.

Hope this gets worked out!

harleychicks

Posted: 10/16/13 02:20 
I did every thing you suggested, and it produced the same result . the install is straight forward and simple and went over things a 100 times with several fresh install, I even changed server and believe it is jamroom and bereave not too many people is using foxy cart and is waiting for paypal and is why you have not herd of the issue , I spoke to foxy cart about this and they believe it is jamroom .

I never had these issues with jamroom 4 and is frustrated with jamroom 5

If you think it is something I am doing wrong , what it is I am doing wrong , what are the different possibilities that would cause this ?

Whats wrong with this environment and server that causes the songs to play the full length and produce 0 KB download size ?

core
checked value result note
System Core 5.0.2 pass 5.0.2
Server OS Linux lory.arvixe.com 2.6.18-348.18.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 26 15:01:07 EDT 2013 x86_64 pass Linux or Mac OS X based server.
Web Server cgi-fcgi pass Apache Web Server required.
PHP Version 5.3.27 [phpinfo] pass PHP 5.3+ required.
MySQL Version 5.5.30-30.1 pass MySQL 5.0+ required, 5.1.51+ recommended.
FFMpeg binary executable pass FFMpeg binary is working properly
Data Directories all writable pass All directories are writable
Max Upload 225MB pass post_max_size and upload_max_filesize are set properly
modules
Audio SOX binary executable pass SOX binary is executable
FoxyCart API Key pass FoxyCart API works

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/16/13 03:09 
Its impossible to tell what you might be doing wrong, or which part of your server might be configured differently.

Take a look at your jamroom and server logs for any clues which might be logged there.

Check that you have not accidentally purchased a $1.99/month unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, free domain name for life with 24/7 telephone support, cpanel and unlimited free coffee hosting package.

If you are sure that it isn't your server, and you are sure that it isn't the file, and you are sure that it isn't your local network connection, browser, operating system or firewall, check your config.

Of course, it's always a possibility that Jamroom 5 just is not right for you, your ability and your choice of server.

Dazed

Posted: 10/16/13 05:51 

harleychicks:
I did every thing you suggested, and it produced the same result . the install is straight forward and simple and went over things a 100 times with several fresh install, I even changed server and believe it is jamroom and bereave not too many people is using foxy cart and is waiting for paypal and is why you have not herd of the issue , I spoke to foxy cart about this and they believe it is jamroom .

I never had these issues with jamroom 4 and is frustrated with jamroom 5

If you think it is something I am doing wrong , what it is I am doing wrong , what are the different possibilities that would cause this ?

Whats wrong with this environment and server that causes the songs to play the full length and produce 0 KB download size ?

core
Server OS Linux lory.arvixe.com 2.6.18-348.18.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 26 15:01:07 EDT 2013 x86_64 pass Linux or Mac OS X based server.
modules

I am using JR5 and FoxyCart and I am not seeing these issues. My members are actually complaining about the 60 second preview because they are used to hearing the full song. I am guessing you did a test install on the same server. I would try Digital Ocean for $5 and see if you have the same results.

When you say not many are using JR5 my reply would be not many are using the same host that you are. Not to mention there are probably 25-30 people testing JR5 for the newest release. When issues like this popup for only one person, it typically points to something they have that others do not. If this was the only issue you were seeing I would think that you found a bug but you have posted more than one issue that no one can reproduce. I know this is not what you want to hear and does not resolve the issue. My guess is that it has to do with your host but that is a guess on my part.

I would seriously see about JB Servers or Digital Ocean just as a test. If it works, I would consider moving my service because if you have one issue with them, more will come up later. DJ at JB Servers is a solid admin and helped me out for several years when issues like this came up. You have very little to lose and a lot to gain by trying it out.

harleychicks

Posted: 10/16/13 09:31 
This is not cheap hosting and I tried different servers , I tried different servers and it produced the same result, can you say whats different about JB servers than what I am using ? I was told in the pass "it is my server in jamroom 4 " and it turned out it was jamroom and not the server .

what is the minimum server specification jamroom needs to operate I find it strange jamroom can only run on jamroom /JB servers ?

If my Harley is not starting I check the gas, spark plugs and all the things related , what on the server that would cause this issue since every thing checked out ok ?

core
modules

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/18/13 02:07 
If it isn't cheap hosting your server support should be able to sort it out for you.

Jamroom works on many (probably most) servers, but shared hosting accounts configure things to prevent possible overuse of resources. I have a really good reliable reseller account (£25/month) with excellent support, and a reasonable amount of disk space and bandwidth. I've used it for years for client projects and it is really good value. However, whilst it is possible to install Jamroom on it, there are several things which will not work, because it is a shared hosting account - the server owners limit certain things in the configuration which prevent aspects of Jamroom from working correctly.

harleychicks

Posted: 10/18/13 10:48 
with my issue, can you give an example of what may not be enabled on the server so I can ask them ?

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 10/18/13 13:00 
This post made my head hurt.

Ask your host to recursively chown your www folder (that would be chown -R user:group the folder that contains your jamroom site) to your username and group name. I've seen a few cases where the streaming will work but downloading a raw file will not when the username/group is incorrect. Other than that, I've never seen this happen and would personally fall back on re-uploading the core jamroom files after checking that the user/group permissions on the files are correct- and if it still didn't work, I'd be doing the same thing you're doing by asking here.

Good luck

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
harleychicks

Posted: 10/18/13 21:00 
djmerlyn , thanks for this but it don't work, I did every thing you suggested . I cant believe a simple thing that was working in jamroom 4 is not working in jamroom 5 and bin told I don't have good hosting .

in jamroom 4 I had no streaming or download issues as this and is frustrating

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 10/19/13 10:28 
I'm pretty sure its not related to your hosting. There is nothing I can think of that a server can do that would prevent a download and not prevent streaming.

You'll need to keep kicking around here and see if anyone starts pursuing another avenue besides blaming the host or the user. Someone will actually need to take a look at it. Sorry I can't be of further help, I'd be right here asking the same question.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
harleychicks

Posted: 10/19/13 10:55 
Thanks , the hosting people said the same thing and to ask the developers to say what on the server that would cause this issue so the can take a look @ it

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules