Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
After the user pays for the file the get 0KB download
blindmime

Posted: 10/25/13 05:38 
Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm getting this error on a site being hosted by one of the great jamroom hosting providers:

Code

CRI: Error connecting to MySQL Server: Too many connections (#1040) - the site owner should contact their hosting provider for assistance.

I also have a jamroom site on a cheap shared bluehost server where I've never seen this.

I'm watching the jamroom-approved website serve images one by painful one, loading spinning loading since well before I began typing this. This site has 2 users.

Which really means nothing. I've been with the jr-approved host for many years and I like them. I guess I'm just saying that I'm not so sure I'd be so quick to chalk up hc's problems entirely to his/her host. Sounds like they're being responsive. I'm not all that impressed with how foxycart and jamroom 5.02 sync either. I'm still playing with it, but it's not exactly intuitive, shall we say.[/code]

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/25/13 16:31 

blindmime:
Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm getting this error on a site being hosted by one of the great jamroom hosting providers:

Code

CRI: Error connecting to MySQL Server: Too many connections (#1040) - the site owner should contact their hosting provider for assistance.

I saw this for a while earlier today, but on a jr4 site on jbservers. Seems to have been cleared up now though.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Dazed

Posted: 10/25/13 16:39 
That is usually a run away sql query. It will go away after awhile. I saw this a lot on JR4 but never on JR5.

blindmime

Posted: 10/26/13 02:57 

Dazed:
That is usually a run away sql query. It will go away after awhile. I saw this a lot on JR4 but never on JR5.

Dazed, if you google that error, your site ranks number 1. Shocked

My jbservers site is being VERY unresponsive this morning. Can't get anything done. The bad thing about that is it's often so hard to get ahold of support. My site was down for several hours yesterday morning and now it may as well be down because it's taking several minutes to load each page.

Getting back to this thread, I'm not expecting huge things at the bottom shared bluhost end, (and I stick with jbservers because they do go above and beyond and understand MUSIC hosting) but it would be nice to know roughly what the limits of a general shared server account might be in regards to jr5 hosting because I'd like to implement jr5 for a variety of sites, including smaller sites running cheaply on a shared host.

Do we forget about providing digital download foxycart service at all, or could it be done for, say, a one-artist site with a few hundred visitors monthly?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/26/13 03:00 
I have been trying to do something on a site on jbservers this morning, but I've given up. The db error has gone, but it is impossibly slow. Pages load ok a few times, then minutes of waiting.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/26/13 03:22 

blindmime:
Dazed, if you google that error, your site ranks number 1. Shocked

Man that is freaky - I only see 2 results and both are mixposure!

Results are very different using DuckDuckGo rather than google (you need to remove "cri:" from the start of the error).

Just goes to show how google search results have become specific to the user (and the pages they were looking at before searching).

blindmime

Posted: 10/26/13 07:09 

SteveX:
I have been trying to do something on a site on jbservers this morning, but I've given up. The db error has gone, but it is impossibly slow. Pages load ok a few times, then minutes of waiting.

Me too. It's very frustrating. Tried sending a help desk ticket and they closed it without a reply.

Dazed

Posted: 10/26/13 09:47 
what do the tracerts show?

blindmime

Posted: 10/27/13 14:33 

Dazed:
what do the tracerts show?

It hangs between here: po1.fcr02.sr04.dal01.networklayer.com (66.228.118.178) and the ip we're sharing.

Now I'm getting a 403 forbidden access error which can't be good for several reasons.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/27/13 14:47 
Looking in phpmyadmin yesterday, the system was suffering from extremely high CPU usage, so I had assumed it was that.

harleychicks

Posted: 10/27/13 15:02 

djmerlyn:
I'm pretty sure its not related to your hosting. There is nothing I can think of that a server can do that would prevent a download and not prevent streaming.

You'll need to keep kicking around here and see if anyone starts pursuing another avenue besides blaming the host or the user. Someone will actually need to take a look at it. Sorry I can't be of further help, I'd be right here asking the same question.

The hosting provider wants to know what on the server that would cause the songs to play full length ,and what on the server is causing the items to show 0 MB after the user pays for the download .

They wants to know whats needs to be done to fix the issues and is insisting its a jamroom issue, they say the are willing to make any adjustment to fix the issue and says jamroom cant just blindly blame the hosting without saying whats causing the issue .

harleychicks

Posted: 10/27/13 17:06 
The hosting provider wants to know what on the server that would cause the songs to play full length ,and what on the server is causing the items to show 0 MB after the user pays for the download .

They wants to know whats needs to be done to fix the issues and is insisting its a jamroom issue, they say the are willing to make any adjustment to fix the issue and says jamroom cant just blindly blame the hosting without saying whats causing the issue .

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 10/28/13 10:24 
First, I would recommend shutting down the ability for users to purchase anything until this is resolved.

Second, just to make sure we've covered all the bases, double check a few things:

1) that a media file has been uploaded for purchase OR that you've set it up to copy the song to be the media item for purchase
2) what, if any, errors are in the error log when you try to download the item

You might also try setting it up as a free download (no payment required) so we can try to isolate whether it's happening for all downloads, just paid ones, etc.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
harleychicks

Posted: 10/28/13 11:14 
free downloads work , I tried all you recommended and it still produce the sane problem

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/28/13 17:40 
Are there any errors? You should probably check your server logs as well as the jamroom ones.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous123

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons