Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Activation Email HELP
Ambassador

Posted: 10/17/13 08:45 
Our new sign-up activation email doesn't seem to be going through. New users are not receiving it and it is NOT in the spam box. Nothing has changed on the server.

We haven't updated to 4.3.1. Could this somehow be part of the problem? We have a heavily modified Nova theme, and we didn't want to risk the hassle of overwriting something. Could there mandatory files in the 4.3.1 core or something?

Any help is very much appreciated!

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/17/13 08:56 
Do other system emails get delivered?

http://www.jamroom.net/FAQ_Server_Email_Issues

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Ambassador

Posted: 10/17/13 09:00 
Yes, they do. Just confirmed it. Thanks for the response.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/18/13 02:00 
Difficult to know what to suggest. Its always difficult to know what to suggest with email problems because there are so many factors which are outside of jamroom (spam filters, badly configured email accounts/servers, ip blacklists, etc).

If the system is working for sending emails, and the signup form is creating the account, the only possibility that I can think of (in addition to the ones in the FAQ) is that there is something in the signup email templates which is causing the template not to parse (maybe a smarty error, which should show up in your error log).

If the account is not being created that would probably point to an error in the templates which contain the signup form itself.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Dazed

Posted: 10/18/13 06:02 
Ambassador you said this is a "New Signup Activation email.." so I have to ask if you revert back to the original, does it work? By reading this it sounds like you made some changes and I just want to be sure that is the case. If you have some emails going out but not specific ones, I would restore any changed templates.

The other thing I would ask is it all activation emails or only certain ISP's? Is the "from email" valid and you are not using a noreply@site.com that does not exist? Are you getting any bounce backs on your email?

Ambassador

Posted: 10/18/13 08:31 
Weird, one of my test activation emails came in late last night...so about a 10 hour delay. The templates were modified when the site was created and activation worked seamlessly for over a year. No recent changes have been made to the templates as far as I am aware.

I wonder what could cause such a long delay? I've been told it was happening all week. This morning it works perfectly! Hmmm.

I appreciate your feedback guys.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/18/13 14:00 
The last item in the email FAQ page is a link to explanations of why emails sometimes take a long time to get delivered.

Ambassador

Posted: 10/18/13 14:48 
Thanks guys.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products