Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 5.1.0 beta testing open to all
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/29/13 08:25 
We've been really hard at work over the last 2 months not only on Jamroom 5.1.0, but also moving our entire website and marketplace backend to Jamroom 5.1.0 as well:

http://www.jamroom.net

As of today we're opening up Jamroom 5.1.0 beta testing to everyone as we'd like to get more users on board the new system and actually start using it. For the most part, Jamroom 5.1.0 is very stable and can be upgraded to right away.

However, we're going to call Jamroom 5.1.0 a "beta" since it includes a brand new Marketplace that integrates directly into your Jamroom - you can install modules, skins and bundles directly from the Marketplace module in your Jamroom, making it super easy to get new features as well as stay up to date on all your modules and skins. You don't have to worry about downloading the item, FTP'ing to your site and making sure all the files are installed properly (although you can still do that if that is the way you prefer to do it) - the installation and update is all handled for you by the new Marketplace module. We want to make keeping up with the latest Jamroom as easy as can be. Many of you are used to updating your smartphone "over the air" - we want JR upgrades to be just as easy.

So to get started, make sure and follow these important directions:

• Head over to http://www.jamroom.net and log in with your jamroom.net username and password. Your account is already setup on the new system and any JR5 licensed items will be automatically setup on your account when you first login.
  • Download the very latest Jamroom 5.1.0 Core from here: http://www.jamroom.net - click on the big orange "Download the Jamroom Core" button. Save the jamroom-core-5.1.0.zip file to your local computer.
  • Unzip the downloaded ZIP file, and upload it to your current Jamroom install. This will overwrite the existing core with the new Jamroom 5.1.0 core.
  • While logged in as a master admin, run an Integrity check, then reset all caches.

Next up we're going to get the Marketplace setup and configured in your Jamroom.

Click on the "Marketplace" link in the ACP "Core" section (on your left) - you should see a listing of the marketplace items that are available. Click on any of the items to purchase/install (it doesn't matter) and you'll see you are redirected to the "Update Release System" page. It will already have the Marketplace Name and Marketplace URL setup for you - but it needs your www.jamroom.net email address and special 'System ID' - those values can be found in the new "Licenses" section in your account on test.jamroom.net:

http://www.jamroom.net/networklicense/licenses

On that page you’ll see a green box that has your marketplace email and system id in it - copy those into your Marketplace config back on your site and save - you’re all configured for the Marketplace and can now update and install items.

Next, click on the “System Updates” tab - you’ll see there are a lot of updates available (especially if you have the Super Pack installed). You can update them one at time, or click the “update all” button to update everything to the latest. Note: on a couple systems I have seen the “update all” hang in the middle a couple times (it’s something we’re looking into) - you can always refresh the page and re-run it.

Once that completes your system is up to date! Staying up to date is easy - just click on the System Updates tab at any time, and if there are new versions of anything installed in your Jamroom, it will show you so you can update.

You can also just “reload” any module or skin you would like from the Tools -> Reload Modules and Skins tool.

There are some important things I want to point out:

• This is ONLY for Jamroom 5. Jamroom 4 and older is not changing.
  • DO NOT upgrade at this time if you don’t have some time to test things out or do not want to deal with any issues that might come up. The marketplace is still in beta, and while we’ve tested it a ton, there are always issues that will present themselves once you start getting “real users” using the system.
  • Any issues you encounter must be posted to our new Jamroom 5 Support forum: http://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum We won’t be handling any JR 5.1.0 issues via email.
  • We’re offering significant (50% off) discount promo codes for everyone that upgrades and purchases items in the new Marketplace - we need “real transactions” moving through the system to try to spot any issues. More info about this will be posted in the new Support Forum, and is for a very limited time only!

We’re all super excited about Jamroom 5.1.0 - it’s what our original vision for Jamroom 5 was, and we’re happy to finally be able to get it out to everyone (even as a beta), so make sure and join us in the new forum:

http://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum

Thank you all for your patience while we’ve been building JR 5.1.0!

- The Jamroom Team

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 10/29/13 10:40 
As someone who's been using the new jamroom.net and jr 5.1.0, let me just say it's awesome! Smile

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
american

Posted: 10/29/13 18:40 

smith.kyle:
As someone who's been using the new jamroom.net and jr 5.1.0, let me just say it's awesome! Smile

Kyle

It's ok!..

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
blindmime

Posted: 10/29/13 22:52 
I'm blown away. I'm in candyland.

ouviste

Posted: 10/30/13 13:32 
Really like the changes, very nice, but, and yes there is a but, perhaps now another shopping cart and a easier way to contact the artists? That would would put it over the top for me Smile.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 11/03/13 17:44 
I like it. Very clean. Very Oinkba-ish .. Skin that please and make it avail for us!!

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace