Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Not sure about this!!!
peter_c

Posted: 09/05/03 04:34 
Hi

Firstly...thank u 4 what appears a great peice of kit. However, i have a question which i hope u can answer. When i run the install.php in my browser, i fill in the required fields and when i press the button it just keeps coming back to the install.php page with blank fields. No success! message. Anyhelp? TIA

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/05/03 07:52 
hmmm... without any message, that is strange. Try filling in the fields, press the install button, and then check to see if it created the database settings file (/jamroom/config/.htpasswd) - if it did not, then it's definately not getting very far.

Next, if you can, use something like phpMyAdmin to look inside of your database and see if it created the Jamroom tables.

I am not sure why you are not receiving any error, as the install script pretty much checks at every point. I have a suspicion that it cannot create the master database settings file, and is re-directing you to the install page.

Make sure the jamroom/config directory is permission correctly, and if you have shell access run the "setup.sh" setup script as it will ensure everything is setup right.

If you want to, you can PM me your login and pass for your site and I can assist you in checking it out., otherwise check some of the things I have said above, double check your permissions and try again.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

peter_c

Posted: 09/05/03 09:12 
Brian

Thx 4 speedy reply. Firstly i have access to all functions of the server and can make any adjustments using root as required. I ran ./setup.sh via shell and after it finished compiling reported everything ok. /jamroom/config/.htpasswd is not in the folder. The only thing i can think of is to do with MySQL. I setup a database using the command: Mysqladmin -u root create bands. This created the bands database in MySQL. I am new to SQL so I am assuming that is right. I have set root to have all permissions. The database permissions for bands is: root | Any | Select | Insert | Update | Delete | Create | Drop | References | Index | Alter. I am assuming that is correct. Under database user name in install.php would that be the name as above=root? I have set no password for bands database so left this blank. Hoping this helps.

Thx
peter

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/05/03 16:49 
peter -

you shouldn't have any problems running it as mysql root user (at least not permissions problems) - yes you would use "root" as the database user name, and "bands" as your database name. I have a feeling the problem though is that you are NOT using a password for the root user - I would highly recommend setting a password (and even creating a special user account for your Jamroom). Check out this URL:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Default_privileges.html as it has details on how to set a root password, etc.

Try setting a password for the account and installing Jamroom - I am hoping that is what will get it to work.

- Brian

peter_c

Posted: 09/05/03 17:35 
Brian

I have set admin root user/pass in mysql. What i am not sure of, is do i need to set a pass for the bands database or is the admin user/pass rights ok? I have tried every concevable combination, but still keeps looping back to install.php with no errors. All of my other php scripts connect to the database ok using:

// DB Settings
$server = 'localhost';
$user = 'root';
$pass = 'xxxx';
$db2 = 'hit';

as an example. I have checked all permissions and they all seem correct. If it would help, i can PM u the site addy for u to try yourself and also supply database pass details etc. Thank you
Peter

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/05/03 18:18 
peter -

yes PM the details to me that would be great - it will at least let me figure out why it is not correctly reporting an error to you. Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules