Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Revised 'FaceBlaster' Theme
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/04/06 10:05 
FaceBlaster is a revision of the original 'Werkkrew Faceblaster' theme that now includes video and photo pages, and a new calendar section that shows three months ahead (plus links to scroll the months forward and backward) with the band's gig dates highlighted and linked to the event page.

Faceblaster is a clean blue theme that works well with black and white band images etc.

Thanks to Brian for the final tweaking and testing.

Download it from www.motagator.net/themes and post here if you find any bugs or issues.

Enjoy
Pa Smile

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/04/06 10:10 

pasher:
FaceBlaster is a revision of the original 'Werkkrew Faceblaster' theme that now includes video and photo pages, and a new calendar section that shows three months ahead (plus links to scroll the months forward and backward) with the band's gig dates highlighted and linked to the event page.

Faceblaster is a clean blue theme that works well with black and white band images etc.

Thanks to Brian for the final tweaking and testing.

Download it from www.motagator.net/themes and post here if you find any bugs or issues.

Enjoy
Pa Smile

Pash -

thanks for the work on getting this theme updated - it is much appreciated!

- Brian

musicians_inc

Posted: 03/11/06 09:10 
how can i get the band image bigger than 300x90 pixels on the artist main page? if you right click on the image it will say the file is bigger than it is but it shows up 300x90

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/11/06 09:29 
Hi Musicians_inc
Welcome to JR Smile
Checkout the #bandImage variables in the /css/layout.css file. You can set the image size and its borders. If you set the width to something other than 300, it would be a good idea to check all the template header files as well as "width=300" is included in the "img src" tag.
hth
Pa

ramz

Posted: 04/11/06 11:13 
actually, it's MUCH more involved than that... The image itself can be whatever size you want, but the layout.css controls how much of the band image and the marquee are displayed... Additionally, the background image in the #hdr class limits the perceived size of the header area, so you need to remove the reference to it or modify the image (which is fun because it has a neat 30 degree hatch on it to match the left and right borders).

The one thing I can't figure out is how to control the bottom margin of the marquee itself...I've looked at all the stylesheets and templates but there seems to be no controlling the bottom limit of the marquee... any ideas are greatly appreciated... thanks!

Codym

Posted: 04/13/06 18:50 
So I edited the image size allowed but it still doesn't show the whole image. How and what would you modify if you wanted to move the image "up" in the header so you can see more of the image. (i edited the height of the image allowed to show)

Codym

Posted: 04/13/06 18:59 
I figured it out. To anybody who is wondering how to do that this is how you do it :

1. Under #bandImage in the "layout" css file, the lower you edit the first number the higher the image positions it's self.

2. Then modify the height of the image under #bandImage in the "layout" css file.

Codym

Posted: 04/13/06 19:05 
Here is what mine is set at which looks pretty good I think.

#bandImage{
position: absolute;
width:300px;
height:201px;
margin: 11px 0 0px 30px;
overflow: hidden;
opacity: .7;
filter:alpha(opacity=70);

ramz

Posted: 04/14/06 17:05 

ramz:
actually, it's MUCH more involved than that... The image itself can be whatever size you want, but the layout.css controls how much of the band image and the marquee are displayed... Additionally, the background image in the #hdr class limits the perceived size of the header area, so you need to remove the reference to it or modify the image (which is fun because it has a neat 30 degree hatch on it to match the left and right borders).

The one thing I can't figure out is how to control the bottom margin of the marquee itself...I've looked at all the stylesheets and templates but there seems to be no controlling the bottom limit of the marquee... any ideas are greatly appreciated... thanks!
my problem, btw, was apparently a caching issue... it looks great now... Embarassed

jamfan

Posted: 04/18/06 10:56 
How do i freaking install it?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/18/06 11:14 

jamfan:
How do i freaking install it?

Please see my response to your other thread here:

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5949

Thanks!

- Brian

jamfan

Posted: 04/18/06 11:15 
I was talking about the main index theme, not the artist theme. And after I installed it, I'll get a file not found error when I didn't enter anything to log-in.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/18/06 11:17 

jamfan:
I was talking about the main index theme, not the artist theme. And after I installed it, I'll get a file not found error when I didn't enter anything to log-in.

Your therad indicated you recevied a "config.cfg.php" not found error, which is a theme installation error. The "main" Jamroom index is controlled by the templates in the jamroom/templates/index directory.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Codym

Posted: 04/23/06 22:09 
Anybody know why there is such a big difference between internet explorer and mozilla. I modified my faceblaster theme to position the image in the header bigger and in mozilla it looked perfect. Now when I look at it in Internet Explorer the image is way to far down then i would like it to be. Should I just modify it to look good in Internet Explorer because thats what the majority of people use or is there another way around this?

test link to check out is : www.in-tunemusic.com/itu

looks good in mozilla firefox but terrible in internet explorer

Codym

Posted: 04/27/06 20:27 
Anybody know what code to config for this.

I like where the image is positioned but I just would like the image to display bigger in the north direction.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules