Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Album ranking
j_ramos

Posted: 02/19/04 22:59 
There really should be a developers / suggestions for new features forum or something; but I'll post this here for now.

Has anyone out there added a way to show the rankings for albums? I definitely want this on my site, and so before I sit down and hack it out myself, I thought I would ask if someone has already gotten it working. It'd be a good feature to put in; I mean, why store the album info if you're not going to use it? And I think it would definitely facilitate more traffic towards the store for album purchases.

If no one has coded it already, cool; I'll have it done in a couple of days. Very Happy

j_ramos

Posted: 02/20/04 00:53 
Wow. That took a lot less time than I thought. Basically just a few changes to the song mode.

That's right folks, I've got album ranking working. Albums can be searched by genre and/or first letter, and sorted in ascending or descending order. It's trivial to display all albums alphabetically, but I don't have that in there yet. It just orders them by the total number of songs from that album that have been played.

Regardless, album ranking is probably a decent feature to include with jamroom.

I think play.php should also be modified to handle albums; that's my next goal. That way you can click on the 'play' link and it'll stream the entire album from start to finish. I haven't looked at the code yet, so I don't know how long that'll take, or if it's even possible without some major reworking.

Three more quick suggestions: if the album is for sale in the store, the album title should be a link to purchase that album. If it's not, or maybe in addition to the store link, there should be an "album page" where you can see an album's track list. (It probably wouldn't be too hard to change the music.php file for the band to display a particular album.) And finally, the charting system should be modified to handle albums.

But I'm content with having album rankings working; now, back to getting my site up and running. Cool

Hype

Posted: 02/20/04 12:36 
j_ramos good great to hear. but is there a site where we can see it in action

j_ramos

Posted: 02/20/04 16:37 
Let me set up a demo somewhere;

I don't want everyone peeking at my site before it's finished. Smile

Hype

Posted: 02/21/04 12:40 
ok I feel you on that

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization