Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
[jrv3]ExpressMediaPlayer addon [Securer Play only Media]
KPM

Posted: 07/22/06 20:34 
Hi folks,
Just a quick note to introduce you to a Media Player addon that I have created for Jamroom Version 3 users.
It intergrates into your jamroom and causes all play links to bring up the pop_player giving you as the jamroom host a little more control over what happens with the music being played from your site.
It uses javascript and works in all the 4 major browsers
Internet Explorer
MozzillaFireFox
Netscape[opens new window doesn't pop-up]
Opera
It plays Station and Album files as well as single song files in the following formats: .WMA, .MP3, .M3U, .AIFF, .WAV & .MID

I have managed to get WMV files working but it's still being tested and intergrated. (If you buy the current addon from me now you will get the upgraded video player from me free of charge)

If you think it might be something you are looking for you can test and also buy it from here http://www.mp3express.com.au
I can also make packages for jamroom version 2 users upon request.

The current ExpressMediaPlayer addon retails for only $10.00USD
The upgraded player with video capability will retial for $15.00USD

So check it out, read my front page blurb and see what you think.

Thanks one and all Smile
Regards
Kirk Meade

Last edited by KPM on 08/17/06 00:59; edited 4 times in total
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/23/06 23:11 
I'm trying to check it out, but not sure what I'm looking for? Maybe you could post a screenshot?

I did find an embedded windows media player popup, sorta like you see on the wmp icon links here:
http://mediakinesis.com/artist/4/Walkin_The_Mile_With_A_Thumb_Out.php#959

But without a screen. I couldn't check out a whole lot being on 14.4k dial up at the moment Confused

I'm hoping someone will come along with a nice java player or a really fantastic perl server side player. There are a couple LGPL perl players that would be awesome to integrate, the hold up is that it would take a host of a particular calibur to have it installed and configured for end users...and I'm not scared Laughing

The flash player is a great addon, but leaves things hanging with not having any video capability what so ever.

The complexity of it all makes me realize exactly why bigguy never started with any type of player, it would have held up the progress of jamroom all this time Laughing

Cheers! Can't wait to see what you've come up with!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
KPM

Posted: 07/24/06 01:25 
Hi Dj, Smile
You closed my other thread but I just wanted say I'm not angry, I am actually grateful for the comments because my introduction to my player was way incomplete and upon reading it I can see why the comments where made. Thanks to JohnyBood Wink

Any way I have revamped it making my intentions for this project a lot more clear and precise. After all as you know I've been at it a long time:)

You said

Quote:
I'm hoping someone will come along with a nice java player or a really fantastic perl server side player. There are a couple LGPL perl players that would be awesome to integrate, the hold up is that it would take a host of a particular calibur to have it installed and configured for end users...and I'm not scared

The player is manufactured with javascript how ever installation is a simple affair. It only requires the uploading of files into their jamroom 3 directories and a regeneration of their artist directories. However I would be more than happy to discuss a possible addon functionality upon install of jamroom from your server. Let me know?

Quote:
The complexity of it all makes me realize exactly why bigguy never started with any type of player, it would have held up the progress of jamroom all this time

I agree with you whole heartedly here BigGuys project and the complexity of what he has done here is astronomical !! Research and lots of it has led me to creating this new player and I'm still not finnished in my quest for security. I've been at this for near on two yrs now on and off.

Quote:
Cheers! Can't wait to see what you've come up with!

Please do check it out when you get a chance. This player does do video as well and I am currently getting it ready for the ExpressMediaPlayer v2.0 release which will also include a tutorial on how to stop the m3u files displaying on their listeners computer caches. It works in IE and is set up at my site. But I need to access the caches of Opera, Netscape and Mozzilla Fire Fox to see what goes on there. Folks who buy the v2.0 player will be updated with little security tweaks I find as I go along.

You by chance wouldn't know how to access the above browsers caches would you?

Any way thanks for your input Dj it's appreciated Smile

Regards
Kirk

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/24/06 09:10 
I just wanted to post a follow up here to let every know that Kirk contacted me before posting about selling his addon and solution here - I of course had no issue with it as Kirk has been a long time Jamroom User and supporter, and has a nice solution here for users looking for a secure way to allow media playing from their site.

- Brian

KPM

Posted: 07/24/06 09:53 
Thanks Brian Smile

Just an update for every one ExpressMediaPlayer v1.0 is now updated to suit Jamroom V3.06b build.

It has also been emailed to my first customer who bought from me yesterday Smile Many thanks to him for his support it really is appreciated.

Check out my site and see why you should look at it now Smile

Thanks folks
Regards
Kirk

JohnyBgood

Posted: 07/24/06 12:09 

bigguy:
I just wanted to post a follow up here to let every know that Kirk contacted me before posting about selling his addon and solution here - I of course had no issue with it as Kirk has been a long time Jamroom User and supporter, and has a nice solution here for users looking for a secure way to allow media playing from their site.

- Brian

I'm getting a little Confused here!
This is a message from this guy's website:
-------------------------------------------
ExpressMediaPlayer
POSTED BY: admin POSTED ON: 07/23/06 10:02:17
Note: My Lofi links aren't working here due to me not knowing how to set up lame for this beta site. If you want to see the ExpressMediaPlayer pop-up in action with lofi files you will find it here.
http://www.mp3express.com.au
---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
...Note: My Lofi links aren't working here due to me not knowing how to set up lame ....

This Guy has (Bigguy's) Jamroom guarantee approval Question

Hey Brian is He your brother in-law Wink

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/24/06 12:14 
Johny -

Setting up LAME has nothing to do with the Kirk's popup player - I suppose I should only allow those users that know how to custom compile applications on a UNIX server to create something for Jamroom Question

I'm having a hard time understanding where you are coming from - if Kirk's solution won't be of any help to you, then don't buy it - it's fully in your control.

- Brian

JohnyBgood

Posted: 07/24/06 12:20 

bigguy:
Johny -

Setting up LAME has nothing to do with the Kirk's popup player - I suppose I should only allow those users that know how to custom compile applications on a UNIX server to create something for Jamroom ....
- Brian

Only if they want to charge for a addon product that you will guarantee support! Rolling Eyes

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/24/06 12:20 
I would only say that not everything is going to have the "seal of approval" from bigguy on it.

Think of all the free/share/fee ware available for windows, only a handfull of those developers are certified by microsoft...the rest don't see a need, but it doesn't stop them from offering paid/free software for it. And there is certainly nothing wrong with it.

I also feel sometimes that offerings from "outsiders" (even though kirk isn't an outsider) are frustrating. Not because the user is an "outsider", but because when the "outsider" takes the money and runs, folks want to come back here for a refund and get angry here about there lack of research before purchasing something (and often times go as far as tracking down me at my personal sites even though I'm technically a jamroom.net volunteer- bitching at me on my own sites like I'm going to give there money back...wtf?).

I do think we should have an area for products available third party to be advertised without bias from Jamroom forum users, but also put a clear warning up that the products do not come from jamroom, are not supported by jamroom, and are not guaranteed by jamroom, so not to come to jamroom looking for all of the above.

It is a little frustrating to see a fellow jamroom user being baraded about something maybe you don't even need, and obviously don't want...so get over it Exclamation

JohnyBgood

Posted: 07/24/06 12:23 

djmerlyn:
I would only say that not everything is going to have the "seal of approval" from bigguy on it.

Think of all the free/share/fee ware available for windows, only a handfull of those developers are certified by microsoft...the rest don't see a need, but it doesn't stop them from offering paid/free software for it. And there is certainly nothing wrong with it.

I also feel sometimes that offerings from "outsiders" (even though kirk isn't an outsider) are frustrating. Not because the user is an "outsider", but because when the "outsider" takes the money and runs, folks want to come back here for a refund and get angry here about there lack of research before purchasing something (and often times go as far as bitching at my own sites like I'm going to give there money back...wtf?).

I do think we should have an area for products available third party to be advertised without bias from Jamroom forum users, but also put a clear warning up that the products do not come from jamroom, are not supported by jamroom, and are not guaranteed by jamroom, so not to come to jamroom looking for all of the above.

It is a little frustrating to see a fellow jamroom user being baraded about something maybe you don't even need, and obviously don't want...so get over it Exclamation

Lighten up DJ! Wink

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/24/06 12:24 
^ Thats what we're trying to tell you.

JohnyBgood

Posted: 07/24/06 12:30 

djmerlyn:
^ Thats what we're trying to tell you.

Just keeping it real my friend Wink

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/24/06 12:37 

JohnyBgood:

bigguy:
Johny -

Setting up LAME has nothing to do with the Kirk's popup player - I suppose I should only allow those users that know how to custom compile applications on a UNIX server to create something for Jamroom ....
- Brian

Only if they want to charge for a addon product that you will guarantee support! Rolling Eyes

Just to be clear, I am in no way guaranteeing support for this add-on - Kirk has informed me that he will support it, and that was what I asked before he placed it here in the forums. It is not developed by myself, so of course I cannot guarantee support for it.

- Brian

KPM

Posted: 07/25/06 07:19 
man what happened here I only left you lot for a moment Smile

Just for the record I do support my product so if you have any problems please don't be backwards in coming forwards Smile

A first release of ExpressMediaPlayer v2.0 is available now folks.

Note: There is one link not working revolving around the skins/ jr_videochart_row.tpl which deals with album plays of video's. I am waiting on a response on it from BigGuy and he will get to it when he's ready so don't buy this player unless you are working with a test jamroom v3.0 site. The out come will be one of 2 things.
It will get fixed or we will find out that you can't actually stream an album full of video's. I can't garantee album plays of video's just yet.
Everything else appears to be working fine Smile

I have also begun working on intergrating my player into a jamroom2.6.10 addon so if anyone is interested in this for their site drop me an email and I will let you know when it's done.

Cheers folks
Regards
Kirk

P.S. I'm not quite sure how to react to what's going on in this thread but I do thank you Brian and Dj for your input it's appreciated!
I guess I'm just going to get on with what I'm doing time will sort this out Smile

street2k

Posted: 07/27/06 21:47 
Hey KPM,

Im thinking about purchasing your product because I've thought of a way using your product to impliment a shopping cart & downloads system for J3. At least until Bigguy releases his much anticipated one. Here's a problem I faced. Everytime I try playing a video It plays for 10 sec then crashes my IE browser then Im relaunching IE. While in FireFox it does the samething. I've tried it in Safari & 3 other computers, both PC & Mac. Im facing the same issues. Im not having any issues with the audio. I think it you should impliment a flash player to play both audio & video if possible.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules