Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Integrating SAM into Jamroom
innatus

Posted: 08/11/06 16:41 
Hello guys!

I wanted to ask you guys whether you think Jamroom might be integrated with any SAM 3.0 console for radio broadcasting.

It seems to be a non-brainer but am not sure whether it would work or not. So, before even purchase the Jamroom I need to make sure this would work. Smile

JohnyBgood

Posted: 08/11/06 19:17 

innatus:
Hello guys!

I wanted to ask you guys whether you think Jamroom might be integrated with any SAM 3.0 console for radio broadcasting.

It seems to be a non-brainer but am not sure whether it would work or not. So, before even purchase the Jamroom I need to make sure this would work. Smile

How about a heads up! What's a SAM 3.0 console.

A link would be nice. Twisted Evil

audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/12/06 21:45 
Yea... we do that.

Around 18,000 songs in our SAM DB, all of them grab JR generated pages (that is, the currently playing artist's JR page and associated data) in real time from our station players.

I don't think you could comeup with a better backend for commerce etc for SAM broadcasts than a guy can just sort of put out there with JR.

Good fit. Slick, FAST

And for sure it works... some custom coding to do in the SAM php templates or your own custom builds, but not really hard stuff if you have a good grip on SAM.

...Bill

btw... SAM is broadcast automation software at www.spacialaudio.com

innatus

Posted: 08/13/06 09:37 
Great. Thnx for ur answer.

We own 15 SAMs and all those are ready to start broadcasting the most popular musical genres as soon as I find a platform able to carry artist information, pictures, music charts, song lyrics and all-music related.

So, what we need to know is what type of Jamroom should we purchase.

Although our site is basically made up toward independent artists, am sure most guys at myspace.com, friendster.com, shoutage.com, facebook.com may want to add a player able to broadcast label-sponsored mainstream artists over any indie for now. So our plan is to start broadcasting the typical tunes and provide the opportunity to hear independent music as well in a song-by-song basis such as at purevolume.com.

Thanx again for the feeback.

audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/13/06 10:02 
Any version of Jamroom will do this. Grab the "full" license of course... you will want unlimited artist accounts for sure.

All instances of SAM can grab any pages from a single JR setup. We run four full time installs of SAM for four broadcasts, and they all call artist data from a single JR install.

The trick with SAM is to manually code the database info for any tracks away from the default, and instead place in there, a JR search string. Then when a song is playing in your custom player or SAM page, the buy cd (etc.) link goes and grabs the JR page for that artist. JR pages can of course be anything you like by building a custom theme.

For these SAM to JR track "buy links" all tracks can use the exact same data..... so you build the link once, and apply it to all tracks in you system with one swoop!

A link like this....http://www.mysite.com/jamroom/$song.artist$ for each song in the song table. SAM will decode the "song.artist$" part from the currently playing track and add it to the seach string that it writes to your SAM or custom player pages.

You can build a PAL script to edit all songs at once to use a search string like that. WAY helpful if you have many thousands of tracks.

All this is ideal... and why we use JR as the backend for all our radio stuff. With multiple themes that you might make for JR.... your independent artists can of course manage their own pages and have sales directed to anyplace they like.... but the major label stuff... you might have a single major artists theme... that directs sales of all that product to Amazon or whatever. And since you're using JR themes, you can instantly change buy links for major label stuff.. to say... Barnes and Nobel or whatever by a simple hyperlink edit of the theme.

Jamroom rocks, make our life FAR simpler and the work we do (when we actually do work) VERY fast!

So yup, give it a go!

If you want to see how we married these tings together, spin over to www.audiocandy.com and follow the radio links and fire up one of those channels. Requires a signup... but easy, and we won't annoy you with crap... a bit easier to visualize by actually seeing it work than listening to me yack on about it!

You will be able to see the "buy" links inside our players... clicking any of those or any artist album cover and viola, your in a JR page for that artist.

...Bill

innatus

Posted: 08/13/06 11:10 
Hey Bill man, ur advise rocks!!!

Let me take a closer look at what you just said to get more educated on JR and procede to the purchase.

Thnx for spending the time to advise me in such a professional way on the subject.

audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/13/06 11:17 
u-betcha!

...Bill

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/13/06 11:46 

audiocandy:

If you want to see how we married these tings together, spin over to www.audiocandy.com
...Bill

Hey Bill, nice site, except your links at the top of the page are white on a white background.

Wink

audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/13/06 15:15 
Thanks SixString!

You looking with like Firefox or Netscape? Somtimes we forget to double check compatibility especially when a quikie edit goes up there.

Should be a dark-ish fading background up there (maybe it's just light for some monitors)

Maybe it's better now! Thanks for having a look and letting me know Wink

...Bill

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/14/06 05:08 
Yes, in IE its fine, its FireFox that doesn't show the greyish background behind the links... Wink

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace