Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
changing colors
Rik

Posted: 09/26/03 12:49 
Couldn't it be interesting, for fast implementation on different sites, to have a webgui that allows you to change the colors of text and backgrounds? this would speed up the usability enormously...

i don't know php coding, dreamweaver and such don't seem to be of much help with this, so i'm 100% relying on the standard themes jamroom comes with...

i can do the graphics for such an interface in a day or less... but simply wouldn't know how to implement them... all help is appreciated, i'll go graphics for anyone that helps me with getting our installation in the style of the rest of the site!

Thanks!
Rik
www.psygarden.be
( www.psygarden.be/jamroom )

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/26/03 20:24 
Rik -

I just checked out our site and the design looks nice! Are you looking to get one of Jamroom's OUTPUT themes to match up with your site, or are you talking about the Admin interface? I am working on a new "styles" selector for the admin interface that will allow you to select color themes, but in order to create an output HTML theme to match up to your site it would take some work.

Are you familiar with CSS, or HTML? most of the theme templates are pretty easy to modify, and you could probably easily modify the colors (at least) and replace some of the graphics with your own.

Check out the "Theme Designers Guide" if you get a chance, and let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/26/03 20:35 
Rik -

after my earlier post I got to thinking - you mention that you are good at graphics (something that I am not good at..). I wouldn't mind changing one of the current Jamroom themes so that it's colors (along with images you would provide) would make a good match for your site, if you might be willing to help me get some better "powered by jamroom" buttons for me to use.

Let me know if you want to work smoething out - feel free to drop me an e-mail at bigguy@talldude.com.

Thanks Rik!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons