Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Problems after successfull installation

Posted: 07/28/03 05:08 
A Big Hello from Germany,
After the successfull installation of jamroom i've got a Problem to log in with the username/password combination i've entered before starting installation.
The application allways returnes to the login.php . Ive checked my database using PHPMyAdmin, all tables were properly created, and the admindates were inserted into the table jamroom_user.
If have checked this a hundred times, there was no misspelling of Username and/or password or something like that. I even deleteted and reinstalled the application several times (including dropping database-tables), nothing changed.
Does anybody have the clue to that problem? It's possible, that jamroom is exactly the application i've been waiting for for years!
I apprecciate all kind of help. Thank you.

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 05:29 
Sorry, i forgot to log in before posted the thread above.
I now tried to put in a wrong username and a wrong passwort, and as should, the login.php reloaded and prints out the Error-message. But if i put in the right username/passwort combination, i got stuck in the login.php.

hux

Posted: 07/28/03 06:07 
try this:

clear yer cookies

close yer browser

try it again

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 06:14 
Tried, but nothing changed.

Seemes to me, that the application shortly tried to load index.php after submittting usrename/password, but immediately returns to the login-screen again.

hux

Posted: 07/28/03 06:19 
yea I'm getting that loop sometimes too, but I also got it in php-nuke and post-nuke...

I'm running IE 6.0.28 on XP pro here

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 06:31 
Perhaps ist is a problem with the sessions? im running my site under php 4.3.1 with globals=off (unable to change that). Is there a possibility to fix this Problem, or am I unable to use this Application?? Would be a pitty ...

hux

Posted: 07/28/03 06:55 
dunno...I hit the exact same problem in post-nuke all the time. What browser you running? i notice it works much smoother in netscape fer me...

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 07:41 
I'm running the same Browser Version under Win 2K. I just checked it using Netscape 7, and - the hell iknow why - it is running. Still the loop Problem under IE 6.
But i found another problem: The HTML generation does not work either. I'm getting this Errormessage: unable to open output file (index.php.tmp) for writing. I now try to check the chmods and also try to reach the outcoming Bandpage unsing the IE. Maybe that should work ...
But the thing that's driving me mad is the IE Bug ...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/28/03 07:41 
Elvis67 - sorry to see your runnig into problems with the PHP sessions. I haven't had any issues, but I can tell you what Jamroom "tries" to do when logging you in:

1. make sure you have cookies ENABLED - if you have set your security level to "custom" you may run into some problems, as this can mess with what cookies are accepted, etc.

2. Jamroom will initialize a SESSION using a unique ID - you can see if this is being set by checking out the jamroom_session table within the MySQL database- if you are seeing no entries in that table, then the session is never being intialized (and I would suspect a browser issue).

3. If you do get a session, you should see a unique Session ID and IP Address (and some other stuff) in the MySQL database (again in the jamroom_session table). If for some reason the script cannot get an IP address, it will (currently) return you to the login.php screen as having failed authentication.

I would recommend, if you can, trying another browser. I have successfully run Jamroom with Netscape 7.1, Opera 7.11 and KDE's Konqueror (3.1.0), as well as with IE, but it seems most users having any issues logging in are using IE.

Let me know if another browser doesn't work for you, I can see if I can track down what might be causing the issue. Thanks!

- Brian

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 07:47 
Hi Brian, thanks a lot for your attempt to help.
As you see in the above posting, i've tested it with NS 7 and got some kind of result.
I now checked every chmod as you wrote in your readme.txt, but now i am in trouble generating the HTML.
When i switch the theme to plain text, i get this errormessage: unable to open output file (songs.php.tmp) for writing, all other tries lead to the errormessage unable to open output file (index.php.tmp) for writing.
Any Idea?

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 07:53 
Perhabps it is a safe mode Problem? I get a lot of errormessages if i call the "Add Song page" ...
Execuse me for causing any trouble Embarassed

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/28/03 08:05 
Elvis67 - if you look within the "bands" directory you will see a subdirectory that is a number (like 1, etc) - these correspond to the band number you have created. I believe you may have inadvertantly chmod'd or changed owner (chown'd) the subdirectory - make sure they are chmod'd to 777 as well (cd into bands and do a chmod 777 *, then cd into the subdirectory (like cd 1) and make sure any .tmp files in their have been chmod'd to 666). Normally you don't have to do this as the program handles it for you. I'll look into getting it "tighter", or at least have it give you a better error message. Hope this helps!

- Brian

Elvis67

Posted: 07/28/03 08:12 
What shall I say? I chmodded every single directory to 777 right after Installation, but there weren't any .tmp files in the directory bands/1 ... I think, that the application did not create any ...

Headsratching but thankfully for your Help
Elvis

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/28/03 08:25 
Elvis67 - you can always remove everything in the bands directory, as the program will rebuild the directory when you Generate HTML. Sorry for all of the headache Wink

P.S. You might want to try a re-install if things get too out-of-whack. Just remove the entire jamroom directory and re-upload it, and re-run install.php.

hux

Posted: 07/28/03 11:24 
that sounds very much like a safe mode problem IMO

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products