Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
It's Here! Now Available MP3 Player w/ buy it now option
BigRussian

Posted: 09/17/06 14:35 
Greetings,

There has been a lot of discussion about having an mp3 player that will allow purchase of songs .. similar to what myspace will be doing. I am currently working with a software designer to develop such a product. You can view the player in action here:

http://therevolutionmusic.com/player/

The player supports Mp3's and is integrated with a paypal check out, one year of free upgrades AND free installation if you’re having problems.

Normally this player is $69, but after talking with the designer and because I believe this product has ALOT of potential you can purchase it for just $40. I will be working with him to add video support, ring tones and a number of other features. If you have ANY ideas for what you would like to see please contact me as soon as possible so we can make changes to the next update at: dschmidt@chartermi.net.

If you are interested in buying the program now go to http://www.websitemusicplayer.com and click the Order button and enter your email, you'll be brought to the payment info page.

On this page you can enter in the coupon field: jamroom
and press the update button.

This will change the price to $40

Good Luck!

BigRussian

street2k

Posted: 09/17/06 20:24 
So how do we includ it within Jamroom? Instead of having a separated process how do I intergrate the player seamlessly

BigRussian

Posted: 09/18/06 04:16 

street2k:
So how do we includ it within Jamroom? Instead of having a separated process how do I intergrate the player seamlessly

There are a few different ways that I've found.

1. add it to a template with the code
<script language='JavaScript'
src='http://www.youdomain.com/yourfolder/musicplayer.php'
type='text/javascript'><script>

2. You can make your own pop up window

3. you can open it in a new window

Good question, I should have put that in my origional post!

It's not that much more different that adding phpBB or some other 3rd party software.

Best Regards,

BigRussian

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 09/18/06 08:20 
I normally don't comment on things like this,
Because I don't want people to get the wrong idea just because I sell Jamroom Player Skins.

But I think I need to bring to your attention that this player actually loads the "Entire Song" (Gorillaz.mp3 6,919kb) into the users cache and not just a playlist as the Jamroom player does.

It won't make much sense to try and sell the song if the user already has the song loading on their computer cache when the player plays it.

This seems to be one of the biggest problems of any player, and I'm sure one of the reasons that Big Guy decided to use the player he did for Jamroom.

Its a nice player but I think it needs a little more refinement.

GCFireSprinkler.com
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 09/18/06 09:38 
I was going to comment on that today...

Yesterday I tried the player, and instead of paying the $0.01 for the song, I just copied it from my cache directory Very Happy

That's gonna need a ground up rebuild for profitability.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
BigRussian

Posted: 09/18/06 12:00 
Awesome catch! I know the program is buggy and I'm glad you caught that..I'll refer it to the programmers we are working with! Thanks!!

BigRussian

digiman

Posted: 09/19/06 09:20 
it also needs to feature full tracking system of sales for each artist so that u can send out pay outs for each artist download u have sold, should have daily, weekly, monthly sales stats. also should feature a stormpay payment option & authorized.net payment option & 2checkout payment option. also should maybe have a cover artowork builtin the player also. If these features are included in the next update i WILL be buying a copy! good looking on getting this going for us & yourself!

dmix

Posted: 09/20/06 02:06 

BigRussian:
Awesome catch! I know the program is buggy and I'm glad you caught that..I'll refer it to the programmers we are working with! Thanks!!

BigRussian

you would need the ability to upload a short, lofi preview, then a "buy it" link to the hidden main hifi file, rather than now you have to upload the complete hifi version which can be nabbed from cache

digiman

Posted: 09/25/06 07:57 
any update on this?

rapzilla

Posted: 09/26/06 03:48 
This looks very very nice! But I don't feel like spending for the moment.. i'll wait for Jamroom to come up with a selling option. but I like the idea with a flash player like on Myspace thats cool...

american

Posted: 09/26/06 18:32 

rapzilla:
This looks very very nice! But I don't feel like spending for the moment.. i'll wait for Jamroom to come up with a selling option. but I like the idea with a flash player like on Myspace thats cool...

It doesn't work. Twisted Evil

rapzilla

Posted: 09/26/06 23:56 
what doesn't work?

BigRussian

Posted: 09/27/06 15:35 

rapzilla:
what doesn't work?

It works.. it just has a few issues right now. We currently have programmers fixing the loop holes in the program (sending mp3's the cache) and quite a few other updates. I'm waiting for the new version to be finished then I'll have an update posted. Should be in the next few weeks. Rome wasn't built in a day (I think) Wink

BigRussian

fred

Posted: 09/30/06 12:26 
hey man keep at it. a lot of people like myself are looking for payment options. paypal is the first logical step, from there i would say authnet.

also you might want to start documenting integration and how to use it once someone purchases. the better it is documented the less you'll be bombarded.

looking forward to see what comes of it. also will the interface be customizable at all to match a custom template?

-fred-

digiman

Posted: 10/01/06 08:00 

fred:
hey man keep at it. a lot of people like myself are looking for payment options. paypal is the first logical step, from there i would say authnet.
-fred-

i agree i think it should be set up with authorized.net also...

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules