Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
NOW AVAILABLE: The Jamroom Webmaster Toolbar!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/18/06 12:55 
Yes, here by (not so...) popular demand, I have created a jamroom webmaster toolbar. I know that not too many people are fans of toolbars, but I wanted one with just links to jamroom stuff, to allow me quick and easy access to the jamroom site and forums. The toolbar is available here: http://Jamroom.media-toolbar.com for download. The cool thing about it, is that it is updated via the web automatically; so if a change is made to the toolbar, you don't have to upgrade; it automatically changes on your toolbar as well!

As of now, these are the following features available on the toolbar:
  • Quick links to the Jamroom.net Home, Jamroom Documentation, Jamroom Forums, and Jamroom Downloads pages
  • Quick Search - Search any site you want, from the Jamroom itself, to yahoo, ebay, jobs, the list goes on!
  • Jamroom Feeds - Perhaps the most important aspect of the toolbar, you can view the rss feeds for Jamroom.net and the Jamroom Forums. Simply click on a thread, and you are immediately sent to it
  • An update section that acts as like a small RSS reader that will let you know, when the newest version of Jamroom has been released.
  • Jamroom Chat - Yes, perhaps the BEST feature of the toobar is the integrated Jamroom Chat, no need it install any instant messaging programs, this one is web-based. Talk with other Jamroom Webmasters to get support and other tips (even faster than the Jamroom Forums already are, you ask? Wink )
  • An integrated E-mail notifier (turned on by default) so you can easily access your e-mail while checking out Jamroom stuff. (Other optional components: Popup Blocker and other tools)

That is a list of what the toolbar offers as of right now. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a customizable button where Jamroom Webmasters can add a quick link to their very own Jamroom website.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to leave them in this thread, and I will take them into consideration! Feel free to comment on the current layout, or what you would like to see on it, or anything.

Enjoy the toolbar!

Kyle

P.S. This toolbar is NOT spyware, so no worries!

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/06 22:23 
Just have one question... if I install this toolbar, will I be able to uninstall it without a big hassel? Just curious Wink

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/18/06 22:25 
yep, totally, i already tried it for a previous toolbar i designed. its gone in a snap.

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/06 22:29 
Cool, may have to give this a try.

Thanks Smile

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/06 22:42 
I get an internal sever error when trying to download the toolbar. Wink

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/18/06 22:50 
It should be working now. there were some problems with their servers. Hope this helps and enjoy!

Kyle

Huw
Oinkba Design

Posted: 09/19/06 04:00 
Great work!!

Is it going to be available for Mac?

Jigsaw

Posted: 09/19/06 08:08 

zorag:
Great work!!

Is it going to be available for Mac?

Yeah..... this is my question too!!!! Laughing

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/19/06 09:18 
Yes, but it will only work with the mac version of firefox, so make sure you get that installer! enjoy!

Huw
Oinkba Design

Posted: 09/19/06 09:48 

smith.kyle:
Yes, but it will only work with the mac version of firefox, so make sure you get that installer! enjoy!

Kyle

I asked because it doesn't seam to be installing correctly. I followed the FireFox instructions and allowed the installation from the site but then nothing happens when you click to install again??

Thanks

Jigsaw

Posted: 09/19/06 10:23 
AWESOME work!!! It works PERFECT! I dig the chat room feature!!!! And I'm on a Mac G5 in FireFox!

JiGsAw

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/19/06 19:49 

zorag:

smith.kyle:

Kyle

I asked because it doesn't seam to be installing correctly. I followed the FireFox instructions and allowed the installation from the site but then nothing happens when you click to install again??

Thanks

hmm, weird. i installed it on my firefox just fine. i wish i could help you more, but i dont have access to a mac to troubleshoot for you. maybe jigsaw could help you? just go to the download page from firefox, and click the download button, and follow the instructions like u were before from there. I could manually install it on a pc by just downloading the installer to the hard drive, double clicking it, and choosing for it to open with firefox. hmm, im stumped any other way. ill look into it!

kyle

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/20/06 18:03 

Jigsaw:
AWESOME work!!! It works PERFECT! I dig the chat room feature!!!! And I'm on a Mac G5 in FireFox!

JiGsAw

i just tried a fresh install in firefox following their instructions as well (the first time i manually downloaded the extension, double clicked it, and forced it to open in firefox, which then installed it, etc.) but it is also telling me that it is not an acceptable package, how did u get it to work jigsaw?

Jigsaw

Posted: 09/20/06 18:39 

smith.kyle:

Jigsaw:

JiGsAw

i just tried a fresh install in firefox following their instructions as well (the first time i manually downloaded the extension, double clicked it, and forced it to open in firefox, which then installed it, etc.) but it is also telling me that it is not an acceptable package, how did u get it to work jigsaw?

It works so good that I MADE one for my site!!!!! I just followed the FireFox instructions;
I downloaded it.....received a warning message.....selected the toolbar......re-downloaded it.... clicked install closed out FireFox and started it back up and my toolbar was right there!!!!

OSX 10.4.7
G5 dualie

JiGsAw

Here's a pic!
http://www.metallabs.com/OMA_toolbar.tiff

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 09/20/06 19:19 

Quote:
When used, Conduit sends our system unidentifiable statistics regarding usage of features. The statistics are completely anonymous and do not contain any personal identification. We do not match individual users with their specific Web or toolbar usage and do not share the specifics with anybody. A user ID is used solely for the purpose of offering toolbar publishers reliable stats about their active toolbar users (how many people are using a certain toolbar). This user ID is not transmitted during any other use of the toolbar.

Use at your own risk........ Confused

Usually things that are free, are free for a reason.

Just my 2 cents.

Read the comments at the bottom of the page........
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1520/

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core