Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
PhpBB2 Forum in Jamroom Wrapper
Prawn

Posted: 09/24/06 06:39 
Is there a way to wrap a phpbb2 foum into the jamroom theme?

I assume if it is a fresh install of both that the users would only need to log in once to access both, sice the bridge is there.

But most important is putting the forum into the current theme, so it does not go into a new page / tab, but opens underneath the navigation of the site.

Also is it possible to create a module type thing on the main page showing 10 most recent forum posts ?

I know the forum is a 3rd party extension and there is no need for jamroom to develop or even advise on any way to solve its problems. I do however thing a community site without a forum is not a true community site.

i have used most forums out there and phpbb2 is a good free forum..

rgnelson

Posted: 09/24/06 09:02 
http://www.onestopjoomla.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,47/func,select/id,28/ Wink

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 09/24/06 09:25 
It is possible to get the same appearance as the Jamroom site by adapting your own phpBB style - this is a starting point and there is plenty of help on hte phpBB community board. You can then alter the overall header and footer template files and the css to wrap your Jamroom look around the phpBB workings. It will be easiest to forget the side column and go for a full width forum. Note that you will probably be hard coding the menu into the phpBB header, and so will have to change your adapted phpBB template if you enable other options in the Jamroom menu in the future.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Prawn

Posted: 09/24/06 09:29 
Is That for jamroom or joomla ?

Prawn

Posted: 09/24/06 09:38 

rgnelson:
http://www.onestopjoomla.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,47/func,select/id,28/ Wink

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpbb.html on this server.

i also registered on the forge and that component is not there either

rgnelson

Posted: 09/25/06 06:46 
Sorry,
You might try a search for "mambo phpbb component" or "joomla phpbb component". It may not be needed anymore. I don't use mambo or joomla anymore.

A year or so ago, I had a mambo site using a phpbb component. I got it from a site called tim-online (or something like that). It worked good. It was not a wrapper job.

Prawn

Posted: 09/26/06 03:29 
YEah i am looking at loosing the Joomla all together, just not confident enough with templates and editing..

Is there a LARGE jam room site running with loads of members and fans..so i can see what a fully functioning site looks like..one without Joomla involved.

I know there is HXCmp3 but their set up is a bit bland for my purposes

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules