Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Jamroom Design - Member Pool Money Together
jamesd116

Posted: 10/17/06 17:09 
i have been looking for some type of script for battles for almsot a yr now and came up blank i have even tried hotscripts and other php script sites. So i myself i have drawn a conclusion that i will not be able to have a script in the forseeable future to run as such, but if anyone comes up iwth a solution please let me know i have checked gold mic and i myself think that jamroom is much better a sa whole and from what i saw didnt like the battle system.

Posted: 10/18/06 05:09 
1. could you not run a "battle of the bands" sort of contest based on the artist votes? just reset their stats at the beginning of the contest and if it will be between just a few artists you can assign those artists a "battle" quota so you can link to those artists who are included in the battle using the quota number? i mention this because that is what i am doing now without any issue at all. my battle is based on several things, votes, number of fans, song reviews, listens and a few other things that i average out.

2. ok, those are cool sites....but to be honest i would not want to invest in a design that a bunch of people were also going to use. i rather use the best of my ability to create something that does not look like everyone elses site, or pay someone personally to help create a site. if i wanted my site to look like so many others i would stick to the cobolt because it is there.

i know i am such a party pooper! Smile

jamesd116

Posted: 10/18/06 12:07 
That is the way i have been trying to work mine througha quota which songs would be uploaded to that quota but im still working on it and still at the same time looking for a script i hav time as that i am new so ima keep tweaking it.

american

Posted: 10/18/06 12:09 

charliejabaley:
I would like to submit this suggestion in which another user in this forum made.

We are looking to pool our money together as a community and have a template made such as the one at Goldmic.com or reverbnation.com.

I am sure it will be very expensive but if we work as a community and pool our money together, this will benefit us all. Let me know what you guys think?

Has anyone contacted you on this. Any word from Huw. Twisted Evil

charliejabaley

Posted: 10/18/06 12:55 
Not Yet

mapyaboy

Posted: 10/18/06 13:56 
Charliejabaley I am also very interested with this. I would like to suggest this
- Lets know how much it will cost.
- Give everybody interested a week or a specific time we all agree on to come up with the money.
-After that we go to the next step.
I willing to go 1/2 n 1/2 with you and then figure out how to sell to any one interested.

Huw
Oinkba Design

Posted: 10/19/06 05:27 
I'm currently fully booked at the moment.

However, I've had a look at that site and although I'm not in the habit of replicating or copying other peoples sites, a site reflecting similar facilities to goldmic I would estimate around $2,000 to complete (approximately). This includes a design concept, CSS frame, per page integration, testing and final deployment, time scale would be around 1 month. One thing I would not give you for this price is the opportunity to resell the template, as with all my templates the design copyright remains with me and my credits will need to be displayed in the header, the licence allows you to use the template on one site only. If you wish to resell the template this is something I would need to negotiate.

To be honest with you I find the new Evolution template similar in layout: - http://oinkba.com/ The CSS layout is easy to change and the pages are very modular, all you need to do is change the modules around and remove or add to the facilities. Plus it's only $199 and a great base to develop your project from.

Hope this helps

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 10/19/06 09:36 
hey huw, i was just checking out your new evo template and i noticed on the dark version that the "your name" image is a little too far right (at least it is on firefox, i didnt check ie) just wanted to let you know!

JohnyBgood

Posted: 10/19/06 10:51 

zorag:
I'm currently fully booked at the moment.

However, I've had a look at that site and although I'm not in the habit of replicating or copying other peoples sites, a site reflecting similar facilities to goldmic I would estimate around $2,000 to complete (approximately). This includes a design concept, CSS frame, per page integration, testing and final deployment, time scale would be around 1 month. One thing I would not give you for this price is the opportunity to resell the template, as with all my templates the design copyright remains with me and my credits will need to be displayed in the header, the licence allows you to use the template on one site only. If you wish to resell the template this is something I would need to negotiate.

To be honest with you I find the new Evolution template similar in layout: - http://oinkba.com/ The CSS layout is easy to change and the pages are very modular, all you need to do is change the modules around and remove or add to the facilities. Plus it's only $199 and a great base to develop your project from.

Hope this helps

Zoraq,
The instant download from oinka for the purchase of templates doesn't work. I submitted a request to oinka after purchase of theme and I'm waiting for a response from oinka for a link.
I reveived my paypal receipt long ago. Question Twisted Evil Anxious.

PS. The Evo TPLs look GREAT Exclamation (overpriced but great)

Huw
Oinkba Design

Posted: 10/19/06 13:36 

JohnyBgood:

Zoraq,
The instant download from oinka for the purchase of templates doesn't work. I submitted a request to oinka after purchase of theme and I'm waiting for a response from oinka for a link.
I reveived my paypal receipt long ago. Question Twisted Evil Anxious.

PS. The Evo TPLs look GREAT Exclamation (overpriced but great)

Jack

I've just sent you a manual download link - I'm finding that the instant download works for some but not others. It could be an email spam issue, I'm looking into it now.

Thanks

indiear

Posted: 10/19/06 13:48 

Quote:
PS. The Evo TPLs look GREAT (overpriced but great)

Just my 2 cents....those templates are NOT over priced. all the people that use the standard jamroom themes seem to think any alternative is too expensive, perhaps because they do not understand what is involved with creating a theme AND even offering support to purchasers (which frankly is a *****) LOL

zorag...you do a great job and very reasonable (in fact too cheap on the skins).

american

Posted: 10/19/06 15:01 

indiear:

Quote:
PS. The Evo TPLs look GREAT (overpriced but great)

Just my 2 cents....those templates.... (in fact too cheap on the skins).

You must have Money$$ to burn. Twisted Evil

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/19/06 15:23 
I must say that I think the new skin is very nice and I don't consider it overpriced at all.

I was seriously considering making some themes for sale, but with the high development time, threads like this one, the pricemark that Oinkba have set and the relatively small number of Jamroom users (as compared to other CMS), I decided that it probably isn't worthwhile for me at the present time.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
american

Posted: 10/19/06 15:31 

SteveX:
I must say that I think the new skin is very nice and I don't consider it overpriced at all.

I was seriously considering making some themes for sale, but with the high development time, threads like this one, the pricemark that Oinkba have set and the relatively small number of Jamroom users (as compared to other CMS), I decided that it probably isn't worthwhile for me at the present time.

Why don't you get "pasherized"

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=51229#51229

and we will love you too! Rolling Eyes

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/19/06 16:20 
Pasher is doing some nice work there, and its very good of him to make it available to everyone.

I have already assumed that Pasher isn't a professional designer because they are free (if you are Pash, get in touch - I know someone who can help you tweak your business model, for free).

Different people do different things for a living, and have different needs. What is it you do to support your family American? Let me know, I'm sure I can find a use for some free whatever it is.

And as for love (play on, give me excess of it), I've got it coming out of my ears. So I can afford to be a bit fussy about who loves me. My electricity bill on the other hand, well, I just have to be a work tart. Within ethical boundaries of course, and thats what dictates which car I drive. I am of course completely and unreservedly happy with it.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons