Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players:
Cobalt SWF Player in Proton Theme
Dazed

Posted: 11/14/06 20:15 
Hey all!

I copied over the code of the Cobalt Player into the Home_header.tpl file so that the proton theme now has the player. The problem is the linkfor the large player. I get a not found error.

Below is the path and I am guessing this is the issue since I have the dsplayer_cobalt_large.swf in the Proton theme.

Any ideas?

Code
  {if is_file("'$THEME_DIR'/dsplayer_cobalt_large.swf")}

Thanks!

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 11/15/06 00:12 
i don't know how much of an impact this has, but you want back ticks ( ` ) around the variable, not apostrophes ( ' ) (back ticks are right under the escape key and above the tab key, on the same key as the tilda (~). so then it would be

Code
{if is_file("`$THEME_DIR`/dsplayer_cobalt_large.swf")}

Dazed

Posted: 11/15/06 03:19 

smith.kyle:
i don't know how much of an impact this has, but you want back ticks ( ` ) around the variable, not apostrophes ( ' ) (back ticks are right under the escape key and above the tab key, on the same key as the tilda (~). so then it would be

Code

Thanks smith.kyle for looking at it.

Yeah that was my fault. I removed those so the bad link would not appear on the artist page. Then I added them back in when posting. Any other ideas?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 11/15/06 08:37 

Dazed:

smith.kyle:

Code

Yeah that was my fault. I removed those so the bad link would not appear on the artist page. Then I added them back in when posting. Any other ideas?

I don't have the proton theme to try and help out on this, but I do know that the variable "$THEME_DIR" doesn't seem to work in all parts of Jamroom. If you had a link to where its at, I could look at it for you.

GCFireSprinkler.com
Dazed

Posted: 11/15/06 17:43 

daddysylem:

Dazed:

smith.kyle:

Code

I don't have the proton theme to try and help out on this, but I do know that the variable "$THEME_DIR" doesn't seem to work in all parts of Jamroom. If you had a link to where its at, I could look at it for you.

Hey DS!

Here is a link. Basically I am using a cut/paste of your code. I did copy the dsplayer_cobalt_small.swf and dsplayer_cobalt_large.swf into the Proton dir and change the links but I still have the issue with the large player.

Thanks for the help!

http://www.guitaristworks.com/bands/415/

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 11/15/06 17:59 
check the guitaristworks.com/bands/415 directory for the file called "player.php" cuz i dont think this is a problem with the player, but it literally is missing the file. it could be that the theme isnt generating a player.php page maybe? check the theme.cfg to see what it says. if it isnt there, then you need to add a line. create a new template with the large player inside it (call it whatever you want, i'll use large_player.tpl for an example) then, in the theme.cfg file for proton, add the line:

large_player.tpl | player.php

hopefully that makes sense, and better yet, hopefully that works!

Dazed

Posted: 11/15/06 18:09 

smith.kyle:
check the guitaristworks.com/bands/415 directory for the file called "player.php" cuz i dont think this is a problem with the player, but it literally is missing the file. it could be that the theme isnt generating a player.php page maybe? check the theme.cfg to see what it says. if it isnt there, then you need to add a line. create a new template with the large player inside it (call it whatever you want, i'll use large_player.tpl for an example) then, in the theme.cfg file for proton, add the line:

large_player.tpl | player.php

hopefully that makes sense, and better yet, hopefully that works!

Hi SK!

That was it. I just needed to add it to the theme.cfg file.

Now can you fix my IE7 issue in the other forum? Smile

Thanks agian!

Dazed

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core