User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players:
Flash Player
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/24/06 18:30 

Deise:

bigguy:
Make sure the .swf files are copied from the Cobalt directory to the Monochrome directory.

Note that Monochrome is not a supported theme, so moving this over to the thrid party support area (it's not an Oinkba skin either).

Thanks!

- Brian

Ok so basically, we pay for a feature and there's no support for it?

Question

In what way do you mean?

Is the Cobalt Flash player working with the Cobalt skin that it was designed for? If not, let me know and I'll work with you to get your issue solved.

I moved this over to 3rd party support since you are trying to use a supported item (Cobalt flash player) with a non-supported theme (Monochrome). I have not used the Monochrome theme, so by moving your post here, hopefully the developer can help you or assist you further.

Jamroom support consists of full support for Jamroom features using Jamroom provided code. I always try to help where I can, but I can't provide 100% support for a skin that is not developed by me.

- Brian

Deise

Posted: 11/24/06 18:32 
I totally understand Brian and I didn't mean that in a negative way. Your support is excellent.
But what I am saying is, the Monochrome obviously supports the Flash Player since it was already included in the Monochrome templates.
Like I said above, the Flash Player displays when you go to an Artist profile and click Comments. But it doesn't display in the main page.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/24/06 18:36 

Deise:
I totally understand Brian and I didn't mean that in a negative way. Your support is excellent.
But what I am saying is, the Monochrome obviously supports the Flash Player since it was already included in the Monochrome templates.
Like I said above, the Flash Player displays when you go to an Artist profile and click Comments. But it doesn't display in the main page.

The theme will need to be updated (likely in the templates) to fix the issue. Since the theme appears to be based on the Cobalt theme, you can reference the Cobalt theme and make the modifications necessary to get it working in the Monochrome theme - hopefully the developer will chime in here shortly and be able to offer some assistance.

You should be able to just cut and paste, or compare the differences and cut and paste the code between templates.

Note that it is a holiday weekend here in the US though, so the developer may not be online or see this post until Monday.

Also - daddysylem knows quite a bit about integrating the flash player, and may be able to offer some assistance

Thanks!

- Brian

Deise

Posted: 11/24/06 18:38 
Ok cheers

This is what I ment in the e-mail Brian.

Where in the Cobalt theme are the codes etc so I will know where to look and where to place them in the Monochrome theme?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/24/06 18:45 
The codes (for Cobalt) are located in side.tpl and player.tpl (which is the popup).

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Deise

Posted: 11/24/06 18:47 

bigguy:
The codes (for Cobalt) are located in side.tpl and player.tpl (which is the popup).

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Ok.
I did those today. Copied and pasted both over.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/24/06 18:50 
Make sure you have:

1. modified your OBJECT code to properly reference the player in the proper directory:

Code

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="160" height="250">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"/>
    <param name="movie" value="{$MASTER_URL}/themes/Cobalt/dsplayer_cobalt_small.swf?playlist_url={$XSPF_HIFI_PLAYALL_URL}&autoload=true&info_button_text=Visit+Our+Site%21&playlist_title=Now+Playing"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="player_title" value="Jamroom+Player"/>
    <param name="info_button_text" value="Visit+Our+Site%21"/>
    <embed src="{$MASTER_URL}/themes/Cobalt/dsplayer_cobalt_small.swf?playlist_url={$XSPF_HIFI_PLAYALL_URL}&autoload=true&info_button_text=Visit+Our+Site%21&playlist_title=Now+Playing"
     quality="high" name="Jamroom Player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" info_button_text="Visit+Our+Site%21" player_title="Jamroom+Player"
     type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
     align="center"
     height="250"
     width="160">
    </embed>
    </object>

Everywhere it says "Cobalt" you will need to change it to the proper theme directory.

2. copied the dsplayer_cobalt_large.swf and dsplayer_cobalt_small.swf files into your themes/Monochrome directory

3. regenerated the artist profiles via Jamroom Tools -> Regenerate Sites.

If that doesn't work, there's an error in your templates, or you are using the wrong path.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Deise

Posted: 11/24/06 18:59 
It worked. Very Happy

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Smile

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 11/24/06 20:25 
Sorry Brian,
I thought this was an Oinkba theme because it said so in the meta tags. Didn't stop to think that it could have been a modified Cobalt theme from someone else.

Anyway glad to see Deise got it working ok.

GCFireSprinkler.com
Deise

Posted: 11/24/06 21:20 

daddysylem:
Sorry Brian,
I thought this was an Oinkba theme because it said so in the meta tags. Didn't stop to think that it could have been a modified Cobalt theme from someone else.

Anyway glad to see Deise got it working ok.

Thank you for your help as well. Smile

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons