Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Display Artist Website
emerge

Posted: 10/21/06 08:04 
I have several artists whose website does not display on their artist page. I went in as the Admin and made sure they put in the URL, which they did, but still does not dispay. SOme show some do not. Why is this ?

indiear

Posted: 10/21/06 08:17 
do the ones that do not show the artist url all use the same artist theme? and by chance the pages that do show the url are they using a different them?

emerge

Posted: 10/21/06 08:19 
no same theme.

Proton

emerge

Posted: 10/21/06 08:22 
Check this two please they are different

http://www.myemergeagency.com/members/50/

http://www.myemergeagency.com/members/67/

Thanks

Dazed

Posted: 10/21/06 08:24 
are they both using the same format of the url? ie http://? also did you regenerate the page?

emerge

Posted: 10/21/06 08:35 
How can I tell ? I can look at each record with the "modify users" but that does not show me the artist profile. How do I look at the details of these two records.

Using PROTON template

Thanks

Conbud

Posted: 10/21/06 08:36 
I have this same problem and I also use the Proton template. Maybe it has to do with the template itself?

indiear

Posted: 10/21/06 10:12 
There is nothing really logical about this at all, if it is the same theme then it should act the same throughout and not work with one artist but not the other.

As for your orriginal post:

Quote:
I have several artists whose website does not display on their artist page. I went in as the Admin and made sure they put in the URL, which they did, but still does not dispay. SOme show some do not. Why is this ?

are you saying the bands website is just not showing or the bands website, location, bio, ect (everything) is not showing up? Because the links you provided above, one of the artists have a bio, location, memebers ect on their page but the other one has NOTHING on their page. so is it just the homepage or everything in the "modify artist" area that is not showing?

does http://www.myemergeagency.com/members/67/ show a bio and photo when you are logged in to the control panel and go to "modify artist"?

Starsurf

Posted: 11/05/06 10:19 
I found this to work great!

A code added to the side.php
It will post a link to the artists personal website right in the DETAILS section of the artists side menu. It will not update the artists that have already been created. Only artists you create from here on in will show the link to their web page, as long as you did put in a WebSite address url when you created them. For artists you already created simply go to modify artist and just click the button modify artist and it will automatically update their file and will add their web address to their side menu.

In your admin menu go to jamroom tools.
Find and click Edit Templates.
Scroll down and under themes find: side.php
and click edit template.

Right Below
<!-- Artist Info -->
<div class="head-2">&raquo; DETAILS</div>
<div class="body-2">

Add this code:
<span class="small-txt-1">&raquo;&nbsp;</span> <span class="small-txt-2"><a href="{$BAND_WEBSITE}" target="_blank">Visit {$BAND_NAME} WEBSITE</a></span><br>

So all together when done it will look something like this:

<!-- Artist Info -->
<div class="head-2">&raquo; DETAILS</div>
<div class="body-2">

<span class="small-txt-1">&raquo;&nbsp;</span> <span class="small-txt-2"><a href="{$BAND_WEBSITE}" target="_blank">Visit {$BAND_NAME} WEBSITE</a></span><br>

Then click save template.

Now when ever you create an artist or modify an artist you will now have a link to the artists personal webite URL that you entered as their web address when you created the artist.

Deise

Posted: 11/20/06 21:27 
I am using the Monochrome theme and the bands website links do not show either. Neither does the info they put in for band members.

Is there a fix for this?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/21/06 02:46 

Quote:
It will not update the artists that have already been created. Only artists you create from here on in will show the link to their web page, as long as you did put in a WebSite address url when you created them.

Starsurf, you can regenerate your theme either from the admin CP (for all artists) or from the artists own CP, and existing artists will be updated as well.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules