Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module v1.8.2 now released!
musiccreatures

Posted: 12/11/10 01:48 
mcClassifiedAds V1.8.2 has been uploaded to the marketplace. This update simply addressed the inbox issue. I am still working on the report abuse feature. I just developed a better approach and I hope to have it in testing by mid/late next week. After the abuse system is in effect, I plan to slow down the development of the mcClassifiedAds v1.x but will continue to release any bug fixes that may need addressing. I will be focusing more of my attention to the development of the mcClassifiedAds V2.x which I hope to have ready for testing by early 2011. I will be releasing a features list that I plan to include with V2.x. After I release the features list, feel free to voice your ideas for other features(That may not have been mentioned)

OH and as I mentioned in an earlier post, everyone who has purchased V1 will be getting the free upgrade to V2.x This includes any future purchases of the mcClassifiedAds V1.x Module, until further notice.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post em Smile

Thanks,
Tim McCune

Last edited by musiccreatures on 12/16/10 19:27; edited 1 time in total
Kamel

Posted: 12/11/10 03:54 
Good work Tim,

How do I get the upgrade with fixes?

Bless...... Kamel

bodawg

Posted: 12/15/10 16:48 
Good to hear, thanks Tim!

Quote:
I will be focusing more of my attention to the development of the mcClassifiedAds V2.x which I hope to have ready for testing by early 20100.

I actually can't wait for v2.x!!! Looks like it should be ready for testing in uuummm... a little over 18 thousand years from now Crying or Very sad

Just messin' with ya Wink

Thanks again Tim!

-Rob

Posted: 12/16/10 14:26 
I know its been taking me a while. Actually V1.0 took me about 7 months to write being it was my 1st jamroom mod. This one is going a lot smoother thanks to ussher's recommendation to use PHPStorm as my IDE. That and I am a bit more fimiliar with developing within the Jamroom scope. Anyways I'm putting together a list of features that will be added to the V2.x and I hope to have it posted by Friday Dec. 17th 2010.

Thanks again Smile
Tim McCune

bodawg

Posted: 12/16/10 16:50 
I was just razzin you about the date you posted in your earlier post (early 20100) I don't know if you were shootin' for 2010 or what... it just looked funny Wink

Love the mod though keep up the good work Tim!

-Rob

Posted: 12/16/10 19:28 
haha...thanks for pointing that out.....I meant early 2011. Smile

musiccreatures

Posted: 12/17/10 23:58 
I created a new thread that contains the scheduled features list for mcClassifiedAds V2.0.

You may view it here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=211143#211143

Please let me know what you think about the features. If there are any other features that you hope to see in Version 2, please post them to the above thread.

Thanks Smile
Tim McCune MQN Publications

bodawg

Posted: 12/22/10 22:21 
This thing's shaping up to be a real monster, love that your adding to the parent categories!!!

musiccreatures:
I created a new thread that contains the scheduled features list for mcClassifiedAds V2.0.

You may view it here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=211143#211143

Please let me know what you think about the features. If there are any other features that you hope to see in Version 2, please post them to the above thread.

Thanks Smile
Tim McCune MQN Publications

Posted: 01/31/11 18:02 
Hey Tim,

I'm getting the dreaded white page when trying to post a new ad after I upgraded to 1.8.2.. worked fine before the upgrade. I just uploaded the 2 files that you had mentioned that changes were made in. I tried to run a test on your demo site but it appears you're still running 1.7.0, so it works fine on the demo.

Could you update the demo and give that a double check for me?

I get the white page right after I hit the post ad button

BTW- This is the error I get in php- [31-Jan-2011 16:41:37] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ispremiumcategory() in /home/digivcom/public_html/mcClassifiedAds.php on line 158

Not sure if this is something I need to set up on my end with the premium category thing???

Let me know.. I'm unfamiliar with it at this point

Thanks,

-Rob

Posted: 02/19/11 18:54 
Did bodawg's issue get resolved? Just curious before updating. Smile

Posted: 02/19/11 18:59 
Hey webster,

Just so you know, I haven't heard back from Tim yet but i'm sure he's working on it, so I don't know if it's something on my end yet or what... I just reverted back to the old ver. until I find out.

-Rob

Posted: 02/24/11 08:38 
Cool. It must have been on your end, it's working fine for me. Did you run Integrity when you installed it?

Posted: 02/27/11 00:05 
So it was brought to my attention that I neglected to include the instructions on how to add a link in the jrMobile module, to the mcClassifiedAds Mobile Module Add-in(Donated by xmla).

So to add a link to the classified ads section of your mobile jamroom site, you will need to edit the following file: <jamroom dir>/modules/jrMobile/Templates/header.tpl

Decide where you would like to place the link, in your jrMobile site navigation, and paste the following code:

Code

{if $selected == 'classifieds'}
          <div class="mb"><a id="classifieds_b" href="{$JAMROOM_URL}/index.php?t=classifieds&amp;module=jrMobile" class="rounded_h button">Classifieds</a></div>
          {else}
          <div class="mb"><a id="classifieds_b" href="{$JAMROOM_URL}/index.php?t=classifieds&amp;module=jrMobile" class="rounded button">Classifieds</a></div>
          {/if}

Save the file (If you edited the file locally, you will need to upload the file to the proper directory)

Thanks,
Tim M.

PS: I am sorry that I haven't released V2 of mcClassifiedAds. I didn't expect to be so slammed with homework this term. I have been working on it, just not as much as I initially intended. As soon as I can get a better idea, i will post the projected release date. Thanks for the understanding and support Smile

musiccreatures

Posted: 02/27/11 00:08 
Holy cow!!! I am so sorry, I haven't responded to your posts. I check my email at least once a day, and I didn't see any new posts to this thread. I will update the demo site, right away. I will also look into your issue with the white page. I will get back to you within a day or two. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and I will take care of the issue, right away. Smile

-Tim

voxwerk

Posted: 03/11/11 12:25 
When text is entered for a new ad there is no formatting of the text.
No line breaks and such.

eg.

Code
This is what it's doing. Putting everything as one long string of text.

Code
This is what it should be doing.
If I type a new line, it should be a new line.

Not sure why this is.

I also notice that no matter what I set quotas and the module setting to it always shows BBCODE as On

Code
Ad Content
BBCODE: ON
HTML: OFF

I have done 2 things to try to prevent BBCode, assuming this may be causing my issue. First I set all quotas under Extra Features>mcClassifiedAdsBBCode is set to No.
In the Module settings BBCode is also set to No.

In either case setting these to Yes, or setting them to No produces the same single line issue.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules