Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Suggestions:
My knock with Jamroom
ouviste

Posted: 08/31/13 16:11 
I love Jamroom, I have been using it in my sites since 2006, but if there's one knock with it from my point of view, is the support, over the years the support has really dwindled, and you guys also have to understand that not everybody is a coder, sometimes you just have to put something in plain English.

I have posted questions for help with issues related to JR5 weeks a go that have not been replied to yet, and others that have that I don't understand.

I'm not knocking the product, I love Jamroom, but there is room for improvement with the support and quality of support, so I hope you don't take this feedback from a long time customer as negative, but instead as some feedback on how you can improve the whole experience for us customers.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/31/13 17:13 
And you have been doing this since 2006?

Room for improvement?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
ouviste

Posted: 08/31/13 17:48 
I'm just saying support used to be a lot better. like if you actually posted something, you would get a reply to, and it was a lot faster as well, don't take it to heart man, if I joined yesterday and was already bitchin about it I can understand, but I didn't, you can either take it as it is or not, but it's not a knock on any particular person, just in general, and it's only my opinion, but I do have one and I'm a paying customer, so why shouldn't I have a say in what I think?.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/31/13 18:06 
Of course you should have a say as to what you think. I'm very interested in that - most revealing, not a jamroom thing.

I don't take it as a knock at all, and certainly don't take it to heart (sure this is true of others as well). But also interesting that you think I might do.

I'm just saying, you have been doing this since 2006, and you perceive a slowness of response to your particular questions as being a reduction of service. I'm assuming that you haven't considered that over that period of time there is also a reverse perception of your questions - you can always use the search if you have forgotten your asking history.

Maybe you haven't quite grasped the best way to ask a question. Maybe many of the people who previously answered your questions have given up on you by now (since 2006 - evidence of ability to learn would be a factor). Don't discount the multiple identity thing either - all sorts of things factor into that "other people's attention" equation, you just don't understand them all. ! That's not a dis, just a personal opinion and my personal say as to what I think (I am also a paying customer).

You are not obliged to make progress, but you have to ask yourself the question (in this day and age), how do I look on a (really capable and supernaturally modern) graph?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

ouviste

Posted: 08/31/13 18:20 
I don't think that would be the typical response from any other business, for feedback from a paying customer, at least not from my experience, but hey, I guess I learned something new today, so not all is lost hey SteveX? Razz

Like I said, I love Jamroom and will continue to use it, but only now I will put up and shut up, and hope that I can get some help either from someone from the support team or not.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/31/13 18:22 
Jolly good.

What was the help you were asking for?

ouviste

Posted: 08/31/13 18:24 
No worries SteveX, all is good, when and if you guys get to it it's all good, have a good one.

ouviste

Posted: 08/31/13 18:27 
Just one favor, if you don't mind please delete this topic, thanks.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/31/13 18:28 

ouviste:
Just one favor, if you don't mind please delete this topic, thanks.

Why?

ouviste

Posted: 08/31/13 18:31 
Well I feel for one, that if I'm not already gonna be 2nd priority amongst some people to get support for speaking my mind, it will probably happen in the future leaving this topic here, but you do what you want, all good.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/31/13 18:39 
Can't speak for anyone else, but it won't change anything as far as I am concerned.

We are all here because we use Jamroom. Some people love it, some people hate it, it works for some but not for others.

Persevere, and progress. And get wiser. That's what it's all about (imo).

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/01/13 08:43 
Eddy - Back when you joined this forum was really buzzing and lots of members would chip in to all topics.
Today it just seems to be the Jamroom Team members and a small number of users who ever reply to any posts.
I think everyone else is still looking in here, but maybe they have become a little jaded Wink
We (the Team) are hopefully keeping up with things and responding when we can, but bear in mind that there are just the four of us, and Jamroom isn't our full time job, and we are spread across 16 hours of time zones.
Do you have any particular topics that are still open?
Cheers
Pa

ouviste

Posted: 09/01/13 11:42 
To be honest Paul, when I posted this I had been having a pretty crappy couple of days trying to fix a few issues with my site, I was very frustrated and wasn't getting any help at the time, trust me I been a customer 7 years and have never had a bad word to say about jamroom or anyone, if I could remove this topic I would've yesterday.

I do, but only have a couple now I'm interested in getting help with, which are these,

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42838
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42831

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Suggestions

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace