Profiles using ujCategories

alt=
@danne
10 years ago
31 posts
Hi,
I´m using ujCategories and it´s working fine with audio, but I have a question I would like to add a value to the members profile and that is a "genre" so that they can show if they are a singer, band, writer and so on. How do I do this.
Best
//Danne
updated by @danne: 04/13/17 08:22:29AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Hi Danne,

You would create a custom profile field using the Form Designer - the button on the profile settings page. Name it "profile_skills" or something else.

"skills" is the name of the new category set you create in ujCategories.

The category_url will be "skills". The module will be jrProfile, the field will be profile_skills. Enable it, make it the main category, then enter your skills in the optionlist syntax, or enter a function name to return your list of skills. Then save and check that it is working using the /categories/skills link.

Then make a skills.tpl in your skin directory, and put this in it:
{ujCategories_default_index category_set="skills" page_title="See Our Skills"}

Then you can use the uri /skills/guitarist and switch off skills as the main category in the control panel.

There is a more detailed walkthrough here, just substitute "genres" for "skills":
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/documentation/modules/1284/ujcategories

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 02/20/14 05:57:55PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Hey Danne,

Is ujCategories working for you? Do you need any help to get this working more/better?

I am sure it will work for you, and (personally/me) I need to test module users and how they want to use the module. Any feedback is great (not many people are using this module), any feedback at all is very welcome.

Feedback please. I can give a lot of support (sometimes immediate), but because this is a baby of a module, I need all the feedback I can get. So, for me, feedback please, I will love you for it :)

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 02/24/14 02:06:44PM

Tags