Design In UjCategories

alt=
@danne
10 years ago
31 posts
Hi,
I need help o change the design in genres for example where do I do that because I can not find the template.
I would like to have a ad col and make every choise smaller, here is a link to
my site where I want to change http://www.jamron.sofsweden.com/audio/categories

Best
//Danny
updated by @danne: 04/13/17 08:22:29AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Most likely, changing the size of things will be done in your skin css. You could also override the template by copying modules/ujCategories/templates/menu_buttons.tpl to your active skin directory and renaming it as ujCategories_menu_buttons.tpl

For adding an ad column, I'm not sure that will be possible without building a template to use. It may be simpler to check for ujCategories in the skin and add your column there. Can you be more specific about what you wnat to add and where?

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
alt=
@danne
10 years ago
31 posts
Hi, thanks for the answer but I don´t understand why should I copy the template?

I would like the genres page to look like this http://www.jamron.sofsweden.com/videos but with the buttons and there functions.

//Danny
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
If you can't get what you need with css and javascript (I'd try that first), then you can copy the template to your skin directory - that will override the ujCategories template and use your custom one instead.

When you said "make every choise smaller" I understood "make each menu item smaller". To do that I'd use css. But if you have a menu style which uses specific classes and/or ids, you can copy menu_buttons.tpl (in the module templaes dir) to ujCategories_menu_buttons.tpl (in the active skin dir) and add those specific classes and ids. Your override template will be used instead of the module template.

If you can't do that to make the page you need, you would need to create a new template to make the page look like that. However, I haven't tried it for a magic view - I expect that would need some alterations to ujCategories as well as a template. I made the basic functionality for magic views (eg /audio/categories/) in the module, but haven't needed to use it yet myself, so not sure how that will develop in the future.

I will try to update the module docs with some examples of how to use the functions to create the category navigation and urls.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
alt=
@danne
10 years ago
31 posts
Hi Steve,
Thanks for your help, I will try this, but I have a new question
I my header.tpl I can find where the linking goes except for these two:

{jrCore_lang skin="n8Maestro3" id="74" default="Genres"}
AND
{jrCore_lang skin="n8Maestro3" id="74" default="Genres"}

Can you help me please

Best
//Danny
alt=
@danne
10 years ago
31 posts
a href="{$jamroom_url}/audio/categories"

Sorry the first line fell of where does the above link go to I can´t find it

//Danny
updated by @danne: 03/28/14 05:41:03AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I don't know, I don't use the Maestro skin, probably in a menu template?

--

Tags