closed hiding a google map with no info added yet

boplive
@boplive
10 years ago
342 posts
Hi there Steve,

I been messing around with the Ujgooglemap and got it to work. Definitely great work you have done with this.
I'm displaying the function in the Nova skin directory on a custom blog and event page.
what I would like to do is only display a google map when a member or artist adds the location info.
.by using the {if} else {\if} function
Right now if there no location info added ..a blank blue google map is showing
And it looks ugly if there a lots of blue maps on the event or blog page
Do you have any idea wht function will work to hide these extra blank boxes.until the location info is added.
Thanks
Ed
updated by @boplive: 06/01/14 05:39:30PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
It shouldn't do that, no map should display if there is no info added. Do you have a link to the page?

I won't be able to look at it this evening but will tomorrow morning.

If you need to try the {if} route you can check for blog_googlemaps not being empty, but let me check it out tomorrow.

Just to check, this is in a blog jrCore_list template, and an event jrCore_list template with a map for each listed item. And the template containing the two jrCore_list functions is a skin template.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I've got a ujGoogleMaps forum set up, so can you please create a thread in there:
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/forum/googlemaps

Thanks!

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I have just checked this out and there is no output from the function if there is no map location set: No blue maps at all.

Can you let me know more about how you are including the function in your template so I can reproduce it locally.

Thanks

--
boplive
@boplive
10 years ago
342 posts
Hi Steve...its abt 2:30pm here in New York checking out a Filipino Parade. Which is quite different and interesting ;)
Ummmm...once I get home in a few hours will shoot u tht info...
I5ll start the new thread where you mentioned in the ujgooglemap forum
thnx Ed
updated by @boplive: 06/01/14 11:38:59AM

Tags