Sponsoring a new module

nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Hi,
I need a module in order to sort items created with a module I made with Aparna.
With my module, I allow users to upload zip files that they want to sell along with an audio demo that allows potential customers to listen to a demo illustrating the product sold as zip file. They also upload an image and fill a form to add a description, the type of file, the music genre, the bpm, the software needed if applicable, etc...
Now I want to be able to display these products in a nice way, allowing the users to filter and sort these items using the fields of the original form : genre, bpm, software, etc... and also alphabetically or by date added. In the end I would like something like this : http://iskin.n8flex.com/music but with the possibility to add more drop down menus if needed and of course that doesn't sort music files created with the audio module like on this example but the products created with my custom module.
I am willing to sponsor the development of such a module so if that's something you feel like doing please tell me how much it would cost and how long it would take to get it done.
Thanks a lot !
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I haven't forgotten about this, but haven't figured out a way to make this work for all modules and skins (which is what you need).

I will be looking at sorting/filtering again this week (as part of a skin) so I'll bear in mind and see what can be done.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Thanks, I hope you will find a solution :)
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Any news ?
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Yeah, but not successful news I'm afraid.

From my experiments I'd say sorting and filtering need to be implemented in the skin or the display module. I haven't found a way to add that into other modules (or an aparna module) and skins in a way which makes sense.

The easiest way for you to do this would be to modify your skin templates (if it is a page) or your custom module templates if you want it shown on a profile page.

You'd probably need to add classes or data attributes to filter/sort on to the item (ie add the classes or data attributes to the item row).

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

Tags