Woh way too many fields

gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
Hey

I tried adding map to events and it added a shed load of extra fields to the create form that I cant now delete. I don't want all these showing when creating an event.

How do I delete these?
googlemaps.png
googlemaps.png  •  84KB

SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
How did you get that to happen? I haven't seen that before.

There should be one field only in the create form, plus a map.

You create one field named *_googlemaps in the form designer and it doesn't create further fields for you.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
I don't know I added a event_googlemaps and it just happened
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Which version are you using?

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
Fully updated
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Let me check it out here. Back in 10 mins.

--
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
Thanks, the only way I could delete them was directly from database, but don't to risk it again before you check on it.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Is your screenshot of the database tool view?

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Can you show me a screenshot of the create form with all the extra fields?

--
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
The screenshot above is of the form designer, it may just be a freak occurrence I will go through it again and report back.
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
Ok, what happens is this.

If you try to change the original location field in events module to googlemaps type, add a new event, edit the form again all these fields are added.

Means adding to events will be a bit more involved as you don't really want two location fields.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I don't think it can be a freak occurrence. Is there another module which might be interfering?

I've just tried this on a fully updated site which has never had events added before. It created only the one field in the Form Designer (both on the create and update forms).

I then created an event and added a googlemaps address in the single field, and checked back to the form designer and there is still only a single field.

--
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
I have purchased most modules from the marketplace so it could be anyone of them
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
gary.moncrieff:
Ok, what happens is this.

If you try to change the original location field in events module to googlemaps type, add a new event, edit the form again all these fields are added.

Means adding to events will be a bit more involved as you don't really want two location fields.

Ah, yes. You need to create a googlemaps field, not change the core location field to be googlemaps.

If I were you I'd keep the location field so that the address or venue name still show for the gig.

Then label the NEW event_googlemaps field "Map" and the help "Please enter an address if you want a map to show in your listing".

--
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
10 years ago
865 posts
Thanks, it forced me to find out how to delete fields from the from designer from DB anyway, which will probably come in handy at some other stage. ;)

Tags