Updates Causing Issues?

Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve,

There was a rash of updates that came out a while ago, some doing with the editor and skins, it seems as if one of them "broke" my Google Maps.

With "Profile Media Only" checked Google Maps is NOT an option for members, but is for admins. When it is unchecked, it's an option for both.

In either case, the maps are not being rendered.

The tab is there, the tools are there, but the code doesn't produce a map. No error code, just blank.

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 04/29/15 01:06:18PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Hi Ken,

Do you get a javascript error in your browser console?

Where is the broken map? Is it in the form, on a profile, in a page template, or embedded using the editor?

Thanks

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve,

If by browser console you mean the inspect function in chrome then I see this:
GET http://indiegospel.net/data/cache/krKenster/lightbox.min.map 404 (Not Found)

If I don't use inspect I see no error on pages or blogs, but I do see something on events with maps - see attached.
Map Error.JPG.jpg
Map Error.JPG.jpg  •  25KB

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 04/29/15 06:58:46PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
The missing lightbox file is nothing to do with googlemaps.

You can use the web console in chrome to see any js errors. Open the console, then reload the page.

So the maps are working everywhere except on your events? Or do you see no map on pages and blogs as well?

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 04/30/15 12:33:01AM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve,

I'm not seeing javascript errors but I'm not sure I understand how to use the console.

Here is a test page with a map so you can look for yourself - http://kenrich.me/page/160/test-map

The maps are not working anywhere. I only see a blank (white space).

The only difference is, with events I get the error message attached. On pages, blogs, I don't see an error message, only a blank.
Map Error.JPG.jpg
Map Error.JPG.jpg  •  25KB

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 04/30/15 06:04:15AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
How are you getting the mappable data into the page Ken? Is it a form designer field on the page or are you using the popup window in the tinymce editor?

There is no js error as there is no sign of googlemaps anywhere in that pages source code - no containing div, no link to the map scripts, no javascript written to the page.

Do you have a link to an events page which is supposed to show a map?

--
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
The page http://kenrich.me/page/160/test-map has this code put in by the embed tool in the tinymce editor.

If I open the editor it is still retained and showing - it just doesn't "render" in normal view. Normal view (when saved and editor closes) is blank and no error showing.

[jrEmbed module="ujGoogleMaps" mode="place" location="Corner Brook, NL, Canada" zoom="18" maptype="roadmap" width="100%" height="300" ]

This is an events page that is supposed to show a map. It's done with the form designer. As I said, this results in a pop-up box with an error message.
http://kenrich.me/event/109/ken-rich-dayton-spiritual-tv

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 05/01/15 08:26:41AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
First thing to check is that your form designer maps fields are named *_googlemaps , so blog_googlemaps, event_googlemaps, etc.
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/forum/googlemaps/15047/google-maps-on-events

For events, it looks possible that you might be exceeding google's call limits, so you need to add your api key in the googlemaps config - follow the instructions on the api docs page here:
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key

--

updated by @ultrajam: 05/01/15 08:59:17AM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hmmmmm - I'm not sure we are understanding each other correctly. On blogs and pages the maps have ALWAYS been placed with the embed tool and a form designer entry has NEVER been necessary.

In fact, what would be the use of having an embed tool for maps, if they were already done by form fields?

On events, it was done with the form designer and worked up to now. In fact, this one made previously still works. http://indiegospel.net/indiegospel/event/179/live-radio

I just can't make a new event map. Also I have always had an API key installed and am barely making any calls so am no where near the limit.

Perhaps it would just be best to sign in with an admin pass and have a look around. Maybe it will speed things up. Would you like me to PM it to you?

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve,

I still have no maps and you didn't answer my last question.

If I PM you my log-in, would you take a look around and see if you can find the problem?

Should I send it?

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Ken Rich:
Hmmmmm - I'm not sure we are understanding each other correctly. On blogs and pages the maps have ALWAYS been placed with the embed tool and a form designer entry has NEVER been necessary.

In fact, what would be the use of having an embed tool for maps, if they were already done by form fields?
Form fields are the best way of adding maps to an item as the geocoding is done only once when the item form is saved. They were the only way that the module worked until recently (Version 1.0.4) when jrEmbed support was added.

Have you followed Google's instructions to enable the v3 api?
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
Can you confirm that you have done that so that your Google account is using the current api.

You can send your login details, but I'm not going to be able to log in and take a look until next week, so probably best to send that after the weekend.

--
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
I've checked but everything seems to be in order as far as I can see (see attached screenshot).

However, maps, picture editing, and youtube (version 3) are not working.

Evidence is mounting that I have a larger issue, but I'll send you a login on Monday - thanks.
Ca.JPG.jpg
Ca.JPG.jpg  •  39KB

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 05/08/15 07:33:58AM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve,

I identified part of the problem. I made a new key at Google and experimented. If I leave it blank (allow all referrers) embedded maps work.

It doesn't work if I put the URL of my network, though it used to. I moved to Jamroom hosting so perhaps that has something to do with it?

So now embedded maps are working again but not those made by the editor tool. I tried to PM you, but you are apparently not following me, as your name does not appear in the list.

Do you have an e-mail where I can PM the login credentials?

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 05/11/15 06:16:19AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Try again now Ken

--
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
9 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve,

I just tested again but it is still not working. The tool inserts the code but it does not render. I see no error message, just a non existent (blank) entry. This is what Brian said about it.

"There were recent changes to the Embedded module - unless Ultrajam has specifically updated their maps module to work with the new way the embedded module works, it will not work. You will want to confirm with Steve that it has been updated. It it has not, it's not something we can fix (it's not our module to support)."

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

Tags