Setup

Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
Hey i have this purchased and installed. I did grab a google+ api and set my server ip address up. Also ive input my api key in the module as requested.

On my profile i have input my fb name and it converted for me. However nothing is showing up when im posting on FB in regards to my timeline. Is this because im on a SSL site by chance?
updated by @developer-networks: 11/01/15 03:04:07PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Thanks for your purchase @b360 .

Facebook works for me on an ssl site, although I had problems with youtube reporting mixed content.

Take a look for any errors in console, and check that ujTogether is disabled - I sent you a pn about that.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
They aren't errors they are PHP Warnings.

On this page your page never finshes loading:
http://music-wall.com/b360

Exactly the same thing on this page:
https://northwestmusicgroup.com/brian-hamre

If you look at the html on either of your sites it stops right after your facebook ping script - nothing appears after that at all.

The lifestream code needs to be there for the module to work. Also, the page needs to finish loading before the script will run, so if you can fix that lifestreams and other js will work just fine.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
Thank you. This is the site im currently workin on. https://northwestmusicgroup.com/brian-hamre

I removed the Facebook API script from the last line in the footer. Also my pages finish loading in my browsers yet its not loading. Im not able to figure this one out I guess or my skin is not compatable. I was able to get it to display once briefly and also was able to get it on elastic but cant get it to work on the NWMG site agian.
updated by @developer-networks: 03/10/14 08:13:50AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Now it's breaking at
<div class="copyright">&copy; northwestmusicgroup.com 2014 all rights reserved</div>

So whatever appears in your template right after your copyright notice is where it is breaking.

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Also, I've just found that for facebook you must enter the id of a facebook page.

The feed doesn't exist for a fb account/profile, only for pages.

--
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
Ok thanks Steve I will check that out this morning.

I found this code placed there? Im also unable to use any blocks of code from the jrElastic profiles with this skin.

Then I also just notice the following and followers was not programmed right on this skin either. I will try fixing all this up this morining and see if I can get the Life Streams module up running on my site.

{* setup counter for page view *}
{jrCore_counter module="jrProfile" item_id=$_profile_id name="profile_view"} 

updated by @developer-networks: 03/16/14 04:22:26AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
That code won't be causing a problem - its used in all skins.

Look in your footer.tpl as that's the most likely place to find your error

--
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
I wonder if the {$ccs_footer_heref} and {$javascript_footer_href} from foxycart has anything to do with it?

I seen that come up in a debug while searching....

also checking in the footer

there is nothing after
 <div class="copyright">© {$_conf.jrCore_system_name} {jrCore_lang skin="nwmg2" id="84" default="2014 all rights reserved"}</div>

updated by @developer-networks: 03/16/14 04:25:00AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
If there is nothing after the copyright notice in footer.tpl, where are your /body and /html closing tags? They appear in footer.tpl for all of the jamroom skins I have seen.

Compare your footer to jrElastic and check that you have all the necessary code. You should have at least this after the copyright notice:
{if isset($css_footer_href)}
    {foreach from=$css_footer_href item="_css"}
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$_css.source}" media="{$_css.media|default:"screen"}" />
    {/foreach}
{/if}
{if isset($javascript_footer_href)}
    {foreach from=$javascript_footer_href item="_js"}
    <script type="{$_js.type|default:"text/javascript"}" src="{$_js.source}"></script>
    {/foreach}
{/if}
{if isset($javascript_footer_function)}
    <script type="text/javascript">
    {$javascript_footer_function}
    </script>
{/if}

{* do not remove this hidden div *}
<div id="jr_temp_work_div" style="display:none"></div>

</body>
</html>

--

updated by @ultrajam: 03/16/14 07:14:52AM
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
Your Brilliant Steve! That was it! My skin did not have that added to the footer. I will notify the designer of this. Im very excited to have this module working now! Thank you so much for all your support!
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
In the file /modules/ujLifestreams/js/youtube.js

I had swap out lines 51 & 60 from http:// to https:// to get youtube working on a secured site.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Glad that its working for you!

Thanks for letting me know about youtube.

It looks like you are using a facebook user account in your lifestream settings rather than a Facebook Page, which is why no entries are showing from fb on your profile. Only Pages (or Fan Pages) return the feed data, so try with a Facebook Page such as "jamroomdotnet"

--

Tags