Proper format and no button shown

alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
What is the proper format for twitter in Life Stream?

Its says? (username/id), So does it mean ed/emd123 or ed @emd123 or just emd123 ?

Also no lifestream button is added to the profile page with enable Allowed On Profile on.

Thanks
updated by @emdiamond: 03/29/14 03:19:12PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Just your username or id (not sure what twitter calls it), so emd123 or whatever your username/id is.

I can't guess how you are using it, but all possibilities are covered in the docs:
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/documentation/modules/1692/lifestreams
Let me know if there is anything missing.

Thanks

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
I have it set for profile view but I am not seeing a menu linking button on the profile page:

http://musicrush.com//admin

or

http://musicrush.com//emdiamond

I have it set like this:

"In quota settings, enable Allowed On Profile and a lifestream button will be added to the menu linking to a page dedicated to the profile's lifestream."
updated by @emdiamond: 03/29/14 08:31:03AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Looks like it doesn't show in Nova by default.
Change the Nova profile menu (jrProfile_menu) around line 33 in profile_header.tpl - remove this:
exclude_modules="jrAction"

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
Steve,

Removed: exclude_modules="jrAction"

Cleared cache and ran integrity.

Still no button.

Should I try another skin?
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
Steve,

Looks like it works in the elastic skin. Not in Nova or Sage.

Removing this has no effect: exclude_modules="jrAction"
updated by @emdiamond: 03/29/14 01:10:45PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
emdiamond:

Yes it does.

--
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
Steve,

exclude_modules="jrAction" is removed from line 33 in the Nova skin profile_header.tpl.

Just not seeing it:

http://musicrush.com/emdiamond

Cleared cache and ran integrity ck as well.

I can see it fine if I change skin to elastic.

SteveX:
emdiamond:

Yes it does.

updated by @emdiamond: 03/29/14 02:29:48PM
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
Finally got it to go. For some reason the changes would not take affect when I made them in the ACP template editor. I made the changes to the file by using Winscp and editing them with its editor.

It works now.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
emdiamond:For some reason the changes would not take affect when I made them in the ACP template editor.
If that's the case then you were still seeing a cached version of the page. Probably your browser cache, or maybe your isp or hosting. Might be worth checking your error logs to see if you have introduced any template errors (but I'd expect there to be an error message or white page as well).

If your browser is caching pages you need to sort that out in your browser controls, otherwise you will continue to have the same problems every time you make any changes to your site.

--
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
Steve,
Lifestream was working well. I did upgrade to my system modules Today. After with I lost my Lifestream data. The Link button and page are still there just nothing showing.

Reset cache and ran Integrity after upgrade. exclude_modules="jrAction is removed and the button works just no info?

Also verified twitter username and facebook ID still set.

http://musicrush.com//emdiamond/lifestreams
updated by @emdiamond: 03/31/14 10:33:06PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
You are probably still seeing a cached version of the page, just like before.

--
alt=
@emdiamond
10 years ago
104 posts
SteveX:
You are probably still seeing a cached version of the page, just like before.

Yep, Must be something with google chrome.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Chrome should be ok.

Your lifestream is working fine for me. I can see your twitter feed, but not your facebook feed, so check your facebook username/id is a Facebook Page and not a fb user page.

--

Tags