solved Google Maps on Events

Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
I read the documentation, installed the module, made a custom form field in Events.

That part seems to work, I see the map and can enter a location successfully on the form. However when I modify an old event or create a new event the map doesn't show.

I put {ujGoogleMaps_map name="map" map=$item module="jrEvent" height="300"} in the Profile Events item_detail.tpl

I also added jrEvents to the Image Mapping Modules section of the Google Map Module and enabled the module for all quotas. I've cleared the cache but the map doesn't show.

What am I doing wrong - if anything?

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 11/03/14 07:27:56PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Do you have a link to the page where the map doesn't show?

I do have some updates to make to the module - Paul says there are some problems with the google api key, so if you are using a key try removing that for now.

The update should be ready in the near future.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve - Here is the page - http://indiegospel.net/indiegospel/event/179/live-radio

However, you won't see the page unless I send you an admin password. Do you have a secure e-mail for that?

You also won't see the issue if I remove the Google API key, so perhaps that should wait until you had a chance for a look see?

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 10/15/14 10:25:34AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Without the api key you should be good for 25000 calls to the api per day.

Do you have maps showing to the public on your site? Googl terms and conditions are that some maps need to be public - ie you can't have a site which only shows maps to logged in users. However, I doubt that will be the problem if you have just installed it.

Can you send a private note here on jamroom.net?

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
Where is the button for sending you a private note - sorry don't see one.

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
I took out the key, reset the cache, but the problem is the same. I see the map on the form, but not the actual event.

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
I was in pre/launch (maintenance mode) but I took that off temporarily to see if it was a privacy issue, however even with the site public the problem remains.

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
SteveX:

Sorry Steve but I don't see a button for that. Can you tell me the procedure for sending a PM here?

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 10/15/14 11:36:51AM
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
Ken_Rich:
SteveX:

Sorry Steve but I don't see a button for that. Can you tell me the procedure for sending a PM here?

Go to your Private Notes and click the New Note button at the top right, then search for Steve and you should see his name in the drop down.

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Thanks Douglas, Not sure that everyone can access private notes, so I emailed Ken using the address on the license.

Ken, I renamed the Form Designer field event_googlemaps and the map now appears on the event detail page. I'm not sure why I made it that the field needs to be named like that, but that's the way it is for now.
Take a look, see if that works for you and let me know.

One other thing that I noticed with your skin, there is no opening body tag on the event detail page which might cause problems with other modules down the line.

--
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
Hi Guys,

I'll look into it this week-end, I'm almost ready to drop my maintenance screen and go live.

I don't see a "Private Notes" link anywhere - sorry.

I didn't remove any body tags (to my knowledge) so the skin designer might want to look into that - which I believe is Douglas???

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
10 years ago
926 posts
Hi Steve - I just tested and confirmed that the map is working on events now - thanks very much...

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
8 years ago
926 posts
I got this in my email.

Does it mean that the map functionality we have now will be lost, or is it talking about something that doesn't affect Jamroom.

=====================================================
Dear Google Maps Engine user,

The Google Maps Engine (GME) service will be shut down in 3 weeks.

After Jan 29, 2016, GME will be deactivated and no longer available for use; no extensions will be granted.

You should remove your data from GME and transition off the platform immediately. Refer to this Help Center article for instructions on how to export your data. We will remove your data from your GME project on Jan 30, 2016.

Regards,

The Google Maps Engine Support Team

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
8 years ago
2,583 posts
This isn't related to the maps module as there has never been anything in the module to allow you to upload map ata to google. Perhaps you signed up for the Maps Engine service for something completely separate to Jamroom?

--
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
8 years ago
926 posts
Cool - thanks for the info.

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

Tags