Just Purchased Google Maps Module

SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
Hello just wondering if setting up the Google API is still the same. When I went to the link and tried to follow the setup directions the Google API page seemed different than what was described. I did get an API for Javascript but when I tried it on the site I got this error. "The Google Maps API server rejected your request. This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address xxx.xx.xx.xxx, with referer:" I guess I may have done something wrong ? I am also using Jamroom 6 Beta if that matters.
updated by @seanchaney: 11/22/16 12:00:25PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
8 years ago
2,583 posts
Hi, and thanks for buying GoogleMaps and thanks for letting me know about this!

You are right, the Google control panel has totally changed into something to manage their cloud services.

These are the new steps as far as I can see:

1. Log into Google.
2. Click the hamburger menu top left and select API Manager.
3. Go to the Library page.
4. Enable the Google Maps JavaScript APIand the Google Maps Embed API
5. On the Credentials page generate a browser API key which you will enter in the Global Config General settings of your Jamroom module.

There is also domain verification which I think is new, but I haven't done that and my maps are still working fine. Hopefully the above steps will do the job.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
8 years ago
2,583 posts
When you create the key, set the Key Restriction to: HTTP referrers (web sites)
Then add your domain to Accept requests from...
*.yoursite.com/*

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
Hello was wondering if you can help me or point me in the right direction if this has already been asked. I would like to be able to have a profile add their location then have it show up on an overall map that shows a pointer for each profile link on the main map so people can search for music from specific geographic areas.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
8 years ago
2,583 posts
You could plot profile locations on a multi-item map:
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/documentation/modules/1790/multi-item-multi-marker-maps-eg-gps-location-for-photos-in-jrgallery#multi-item-maps

Then try setting marker="infowindow" and use a custom template to list music from each of the mapped profiles.

--

Tags