Forum Activity for @douglas

douglas
@douglas
11/09/15 10:08:58AM
2,815 posts

How to build a JrElastic multilingual-based site using the Site Builder?


Using Jamroom

The language files and the jrCore_lang function are what makes the site multi lingual.

https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/development/783/jrcore-lang

You'll want to make sure that whatever you want translated is using the jrCore_lang function.

ie.

{jrCore_lang skin=jrCore_active_skin id="XX" default="Default Text"}


where XX is the language id you want and the Default Text is whats used if the function doesn't find the id in the language file.
douglas
@douglas
11/09/15 06:11:59AM
2,815 posts

No Flag images in the jrElastic Skin


Using Jamroom

The Elastic skin was never setup for multi languages, therefore there were never any flag images added to it.

If you have access to Nova, MediaPro or ProJam, you can get the flag diretory from one of those skins and copy it to your Elastic skin.

If you do not have access to one of those skins, let me know and I'll and zip up the directory and add it here for you.
douglas
@douglas
11/08/15 10:09:26AM
2,815 posts

core update crashes


Installation and Configuration

Are you using our hosting or another hosting company?

I update a lot of sites and have never had an issue. Most of the sites are not on shared hosting plans except one, which is kind of slow when updating, but I've never gotten a 500 server error message on any of them.
douglas
@douglas
11/08/15 05:35:38AM
2,815 posts

Where to get quality traffic for my JR site


Suggestions

Yeah, I think it is just one guy running the site so give him some time.
douglas
@douglas
11/08/15 05:21:57AM
2,815 posts

Where to get quality traffic for my JR site


Suggestions

No problem, I've been using them for a few years and I always get emails of newly added bands/artist, then I can listen to them and decide if they would be a good fit for my site.
douglas
@douglas
11/07/15 07:23:14AM
2,815 posts

Where to get quality traffic for my JR site


Suggestions

If you signup for their "Review New Bands" here http://www.musicsubmit.com/signup , they'll email you with new bands that fit your site, which can be setup in your account, and then you can contact the band directly to see if they would like to signup on your site.

Is that what your looking for?
douglas
@douglas
11/07/15 03:43:06AM
2,815 posts

Where to get quality traffic for my JR site


Suggestions

You might try musicsubmit.com
douglas
@douglas
11/04/15 08:29:24AM
2,815 posts

Editing Menu Bar on Flashback skin


Design and Skin Customization

You can remove them or comment them out in your skins/jrFlashback/header_menu_desktop.tpl and skins/jrFlashback/header_menu_mobile.tpl files.

There shouldn't be any issues doing this either.
douglas
@douglas
11/04/15 07:40:50AM
2,815 posts

where's the jrUser 'bot button' code update located?


Using Jamroom

Brian has said it is fixed for the next release.
douglas
@douglas
11/04/15 07:31:01AM
2,815 posts

where's the jrUser 'bot button' code update located?


Using Jamroom

You can add the code Michael provided to any of your CSS files.

I'm not sure there will be a fix in the next release, as Michael said, it has to do with the name being too long.

I've got a tracker open for it.

https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/tracker/1795/long-names-and-tables
  130