Forum Activity for @douglas

douglas
@douglas
04/13/15 01:43:58PM
2,815 posts



Do you have a link we can check out?

Which skin is this for?
douglas
@douglas
04/13/15 09:50:37AM
2,815 posts

Adding a page to a menu


Tips and Tricks

What does your menu code look like?

Your link should be something like:

<a href="{$jamroom_url}/custom_page_name">Custom Page Name</a>

Note that you can't use a template named page.tpl because there is an override for the jrPage module that uses that URL, so yousrite.com/page will show you all pages created on your site, it will not show the page.tpl in your skin directory.

This link also might help:

https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/development/1043/creating-a-new-page-for-a-skin
douglas
@douglas
04/13/15 07:49:57AM
2,815 posts

Tag Cloud - Module specific


Design and Skin Customization

You've assigned the output to the tag_cloud variable, the only reason you want to do that is to see if it is set.

{jrTags_cloud module="jrEvent" height="300" assign="tag_cloud"}
{if isset($tag_cloud) && strlen($tag_cloud) > 0}
 {$tag_cloud}
{else}
  something else
{/if}

Otherwise you can just use this:

{jrTags_cloud module="jrEvent" height="300"}
douglas
@douglas
04/13/15 07:46:30AM
2,815 posts

Slider of images


Design and Skin Customization

This one is being used in the MediaPro skins.

http://www.woothemes.com/flexslider/
douglas
@douglas
04/12/15 06:25:12AM
2,815 posts

Invalid id - please pass in a valid discussion id.


Using Jamroom

We would need the steps involved to produce the error in order to fix it.

I've not seen this error before and I'm not seeing any issues on my dev site.
douglas
@douglas
04/12/15 05:43:42AM
2,815 posts

album songs order


Using Jamroom

I see this too, I'll get a ticket open for it.

Thanks!
douglas
@douglas
04/10/15 01:35:26PM
2,815 posts

Nova Skin Main Menu


Design and Skin Customization

You'll want to add the words magazine and Awards Show to your ACP > > Skin Settings > Skin Language section while logged in as the master admin. Then get the ID's for those two new entries and replace the ID's in your jrCore_lang functions.

So change the id= parameter in this:

{jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="12" default="magazine"}

and this:

{jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="30" default="Awards Show"}

to the new ID's you created.

Hope this helps! :)
douglas
@douglas
04/09/15 09:10:15AM
2,815 posts

Another Profile Centric Question & Facebook


Design and Skin Customization

Yeah, that may be due to how Facebook works, especially if your just pasting a link. I've not tried it because I really can't stand Facebook. They always seem to have a reason to change something that usually breaks things.

Brian or one of the other guys might be able to help with this... but like I said, if your just pasting a link for your site to FB, and it doesn't post exactly what your trying to post, then its most likely a FB issue and there may not be anything we can do about it.
douglas
@douglas
04/09/15 08:22:08AM
2,815 posts

Another Profile Centric Question & Facebook


Design and Skin Customization

I'm not sure that will be possible without some serious modifications to how the share feature works. That is what your using to share to Facebook correct? The SareThis module?
  160